Diablo III / Diablo II Battle.net Thread

So far I'm feeling pretty happy about the game. I don't really miss the attribute point system at all, and I only feel a little weird about not putting points into my skills. Things die gloriously and loot is plentiful (and usually explodes from within some of the mobs woo!)

Just some amusing thoughts when I got my regular edition copy this morning.
My local Kmart only had one copy of the game and it was behind the counter in the electronics department. There was no PC section to speak of (that I saw).
There is a notepad in the box.
Now I'm stuck at the character creation screen deciding what I want to roll.

[quote name='Sway']Just some amusing thoughts when I got my regular edition copy this morning.
My local Kmart only had one copy of the game and it was behind the counter in the electronics department. There was no PC section to speak of (that I saw).
There is a notepad in the box.
Now I'm stuck at the character creation screen deciding what I want to roll.[/QUOTE]

I went with Demon Hunter, but was otherwise thinking about a Wizard. The Demon Hunter has a great machinegun arrow skill. It's pretty cool. Back into the fray during my lunch, yay.

Does anyone know when the free trial goes live? IDK if my system can run this game. My processor is a quad core 2.4 GHz and it says 2.8 GHz is needed.

[quote name='slowdive21']Does anyone know when the free trial goes live? IDK if my system can run this game. My processor is a quad core 2.4 GHz and it says 2.8 GHz is needed.[/QUOTE]
They meant a 2.8 single core processor. Because you have quad core, your actually over the recommended specs (recommended specs is dual core).

UPS man should be here anytime now. Can't wait to dive right in. I just hope that there is a few hundred hours worth of content for this game. Something that fills the void of a MMO game.

how long did it take to download the cilent? i don't expect to be able to play immediately, so i figure I can leave it running then go out for a nice dinner, drinks with the lady, and come home with it near ready.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']They meant a 2.8 single core processor. Because you have quad core, your actually over the recommended specs (recommended specs is dual core).

UPS man should be here anytime now. Can't wait to dive right in. I just hope that there is a few hundred hours worth of content for this game. Something that fills the void of a MMO game.[/QUOTE]

ahahaha. Thanks! I can't believe I missed that. :dunce:

My computer is from late 2008, so I thought it should be fine given blizzards track record. My NVIDIA GeForce 9300 GE card is pretty weak, but it should still work according to a google search. My monitor is from around 2000 (the same one I used for D2), so I am not too worried about the graphics.

Installing now, well whatever process it is to install and update the game :lol:.

The installer takes forever, but on the bright side. Gives me time to do my Tribunal cases in LoL.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is literally the first break I've taken. Been playing non-stop since 3AM (I was one of the lucky few able to login right away without issue). My eyes are on fire.

[quote name='Swift900']Looks as though Blizzard is currently performing some emergency maintenance. According to one of their community managers, servers should be back up in approximately one hour.[/QUOTE]
fuck. I finally get the game, install it, and now I am told I can't try it until Blizzard fixes their fucking servers. Dammit, lol.

Yeah, two of my friends finally got on and we can't start a goddamn game. This game is so much fun past the Skeleton King that I killed 5 times in the beta.

[quote name='Swift900']Looks as though Blizzard is currently performing some emergency maintenance. According to one of their community managers, servers should be back up in approximately one hour.[/QUOTE]

Day one maintenance is just what you want when one of the biggest criticisms of your game is that there's no offline mode. :D

Anyone got any Guest Passes to spare? Or is there a better place where we can beg for it. I wasn't able to get to any of the beta so I want to try it first before plunging into it.

This is my first time begging for anything in this site. lol

An update has been posted. They expect all servers to be up in 2 hours :bomb:.

Well looks like I have to do something else for two hours while Blizzard fixes this game because I still can't log in to try the game (wasn't in the beta either, starting the game fresh).

I expected all this down time so I'm not even angry. I'm just now contemplating whether I should pick up my Max Payne 3 pre-order from Best Buy or wait till Sat.

On the subject of guest passes, I have 3 for Diablo and 1 for WoW. Pretty sure the WoW one is pointless since you can now play for free up to lvl 20, unless there is anything I missed. If someone wants the WoW one, just PM me for it. As for the D3 guest passes, I know I'll be giving at least one away but I'm trying to come up with a clever way of doing so.

No complaints about the downtime from me. Logged almost 12 straight hours of gameplay. I've only found one legendary item so far.

The wait for UPS to deliver this game is AGONIZING. Not that getting it earlier would have mattered with the server problems, but the option to try would have been nice.

I've been logged on since before server maintenance. As long as I don't log off I'm good to go.

Side note- Game is much more fun after killing the skeleton king. I even nearly died. I find it annoying that most of my skills don't work on my Demon Hunter unless I have a bow equipped even though I can equip things like javelins, etc.

I myself am also looking for a guest pass if someone has one. I have never tried a diablo and would love to see how it is and how well it runs before I buy it.

Here's a guest pass, please let others know if you've already redeemed the code: 6ZGHPC-X86M-YZMMDK-ZRJY-DDNEJ6 code has been redeemed

[quote name='Thrinn']Here's a guest pass, please let others know if you've already redeemed the code: 6ZGHPC-X86M-YZMMDK-ZRJY-DDNEJ6[/QUOTE]

I grabbed it!. Thanks a lot man. I owe you one.

For those that did not pre-order or is looking for collectors' edition still... you might want to check your local FRY'S store. My local store has a ton of them on display... asked one of the employees and he mentioned they have like 100+ in stock... They also had a lot of the collector's edition guide for $26.99 if you missed out on amazon deal too.

[quote name='basilofbkrst']I have not purchased the game yet. I just wish I could go ahead and download & install it.[/QUOTE]

I too did not get the game yet since my current rig can't run it that well. I probably buy a new gaming laptop next month (thinking of Asus G75).

Im torn if i should just pull the trigger and get the CE now while its still in stock or just wait it out! Decision, decision!! hehe!

[quote name='basilofbkrst']I have not purchased the game yet. I just wish I could go ahead and download & install it.[/QUOTE]

If you have a Battle.net account, go to Games & Codes and you can download and install the client. I already had D3 installed last night and didn't buy the game until this morning. I just linked the key to my account and it was ready to play.

[quote name='Sway']If you have a Battle.net account, go to Games & Codes and you can download and install the client. I already had D3 installed last night and didn't buy the game until this morning. I just linked the key to my account and it was ready to play.[/QUOTE]

I gave it a shot, but they took the option away. Can only re-download clients Ive purchased. Dang it Bliz.

Still can't log in. Hoping for an update from Blizzard sometime. I mean I kinda expected problems but then again it's sad when I haven't even been able to log in to it for almost 3 hours.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Still can't log in. Hoping for an update from Blizzard sometime. I mean I kinda expected problems but then again it's sad when I haven't even been able to log in to it for almost 3 hours.[/QUOTE]

My decision to stick with Free super saver shipping via Amazon seems to have been a good one. No time to play during the week this week anyhow.

The servers are going to go down again for like an hour or so. It's insane I can't even play single player without being on a server. So much for midnight releases and same day shippers.

Level 11 Demon Hunter just beat the skeleton king I had to use maybe 4 potions so far. Fun game though when I can actually play it.

I was just able to get about 30 minutes of solid play time in before the server went down on me. Gained 5 quick levels with my barbarian, Hulk. Love this game! Can't wait until the servers become stable.

[quote name='TLPRIME']All those banners we designed in the weeks leading up to launch...where are they?[/QUOTE]

Right or left click on your character before starting a game.

Game is awsome ... loving it. Just as a heads up, if you're looking for some quick exp that is ;) Might be a spoiler so continue with care. It involves the end of act 2 but doesn't mention names.

There's a mini boss right before the last boss of act 2. Extremely easy to beat if you remember, or don't remember if you haven't done it. Gives 10,500 xp when you turn in the quest in normal. You can rinse repeat this boss with ease within about 30 seconds to a minute a run.

[quote name='j-cart']Right or left click on your character before starting a game.[/QUOTE]

Yeah...I know where the banner design stuff is. But where are the ones we designed? Or am I just being blind?

[quote name='TLPRIME']Yeah...I know where the banner design stuff is. But where are the ones we designed? Or am I just being blind?[/QUOTE]

They won't be in for a couple more weeks I believe.

In the grand scheme of things no one will remember this day one problem. The game is going to sell like crazy and millions of people are going to play it - just not today.

[quote name='Glasscocked']In the grand scheme of things no one will remember this day one problem. [/QUOTE]

It's still a black eye at launch for a game which is online-only and which didn't have to be.

I agree it's not the end of the world and I'm sure the servers will be fine going forward, but this pretty much validates the complaints (justified in my opinion) about the always-online rule.

[quote name='Glasscocked']In the grand scheme of things no one will remember this day one problem. The game is going to sell like crazy and millions of people are going to play it - just not today.[/QUOTE]
I'll remember.

[quote name='bvharris']It's still a black eye at launch for a game which is online-only and which didn't have to be.

I agree it's not the end of the world and I'm sure the servers will be fine going forward, but this pretty much validates the complaints (justified in my opinion) about the always-online rule.[/QUOTE]

After this week it will be fine. The always online rule is annoying but it's understand given that they're trying to setup a legitimate auction house and to hamper the rampant issues with D2 (hacking, duping, etc)

bread's done
Back