Diablo III / Diablo II Battle.net Thread

[quote name='CAGkrazy']For those that did not pre-order or is looking for collectors' edition still... you might want to check your local FRY'S store. My local store has a ton of them on display... asked one of the employees and he mentioned they have like 100+ in stock... They also had a lot of the collector's edition guide for $26.99 if you missed out on amazon deal too.[/QUOTE]

Where is your local fry's? I work in Sunnvale I may check the fry's here on my way home.

[quote name='watcher0']But that won't matter to them, since you'll still give them your money.[/QUOTE]
I doubt it. I'll acquire it for free if theres ever a working singleplayer/LAN mode. Otherwise I won't be playing. Today's launch has confirmed every single one of my fears about the always online system and just the fact that it could happen is enough to keep me from touching it. I don't like spending money on things I can't play. If it ever becomes free to play I'll check it out and I'm sure Megazell will be right there with me :lol:

Starting a hardcore runthrough of Diablo 2 LoD for anyone interested. All this talk about Diablo 3 has distracted me from the true purpose of this thread.

Just played for like an hour. Granted I have not really played D2 so I can't compare it, but I love the game for what it is.

Can't wait to play more later.

[quote name='jaygood17']Where is your local fry's? I work in Sunnvale I may check the fry's here on my way home.[/QUOTE]

oxnard ca. the employee actually looked at the inventory system and said most of the frys have them so you have a high chance of getting one in yours! good luck!

Battletag: evilwon#1837

Trying out a Monk, which is surprisingly similar to my tank mode that I normally play. Not sure if I am going to stick with this or try the Witch Doctor or Wizard.

[quote name='CAGkrazy']oxnard ca. the employee actually looked at the inventory system and said most of the frys have them so you have a high chance of getting one in yours! good luck![/QUOTE]

I just got home they had a big fat ZERO. Thanks for the heads up though. They were even sold out of the standard edition..lol

Ok who wants to PM me a guest pass... :D

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jaygood17']I just got home they had a big fat ZERO. Thanks for the heads up though. They were even sold out of the standard edition..lol

Ok who wants to PM me a guest pass... :D[/QUOTE]

wow! sorry to hear that bro!!! must be alot of people buying the collectors today since frys it the last retailer i know that have stock on them.

[quote name='crystalklear64']I doubt it. I'll acquire it for free if theres ever a working singleplayer/LAN mode. Otherwise I won't be playing. [/QUOTE]
As it has already been done for SC2 I doubt it will take over a year for it to be done for D3.

What the hell... these connection issues are pathetic. This isn't WoW where your every action needs to play out in front of a hundred other people. What server client interaction is there in D3 other than a periodic progress save or auction house or something?

Got booted and then it said sorry server's too busy.

I really don't care now since I got a chance to try the game at least. Anyway I am loving this game quite a bit. The only thing I wish they had was that fucking pet from torchlight who would sell shit for you. There is way too much loot for singleplayer :lol:.

Awesome, was fighting the Spider Queen boss and the server went down, no warning or anything. At least in the Beta I got a "Server will be going offline in 5 minutes"

Lol you guys are funny ... yea it's annoying as hell, but it should more than be expected. Especially with the mass connections suddenly comming in.

Lvl 33 btw :D Just beat Skele King in Nightmare

As for the online thing, it's perfectly understandable why it went this route. Does it suck? Yes. Is it the way most games would probably have to go in order to stop most hack type issues. Sadly yes again.

[quote name='strikeratt']Lol you guys are funny ... yea it's annoying as hell, but it should more than be expected. Especially with the mass connections suddenly comming in.

Lvl 33 btw :D Just beat Skele King in Nightmare

As for the online thing, it's perfectly understandable why it went this route. Does it suck? Yes. Is it the way most games would probably have to go in order to stop most hack type issues. Sadly yes again.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the only justifiable part of the online connection requirement (and, for some reason, the impending lag even solo?!) is that there will likely be NO cheating, duping, hacking etc. Also, the AH, dealing with real money...

I got a Starter from someone on Reddit, and played through with a monk and a wizard... very interesting. I also bought D3, but haven't opened it. I'm still undecided. The game is great and is fun, but I don't know if I could give anything beyond Nightmare a serious a go (as I'm on a laptop, and never even beat Hell in D2). And since Inferno/Hell make up the majority of the end-game... I do love the WoW dungeon feel for the bosses, and what I saw.

And it seems like they ironed out the lag over the night, too. I went from 400ish latency, to 100ish. It was surprisingly playable by myself with high pings, but it definitely showed itself in multiplayer.

Edit: I'll probably need people to play with too. I have nobody. Rhett#1105

[quote name='strikeratt']Lol you guys are funny ... yea it's annoying as hell, but it should more than be expected. Especially with the mass connections suddenly comming in.

[/QUOTE]
I expect it, sure. The annoying part is there is no warning, it's just oh were booting you right now. Doesn't matter what your doing. At least if they gave you a heads up it would not be so bad.

[quote name='jmbreci']For those like me wondering....no word yet, but you can check the status. I may be in bed before it goes back up. Damn it - I wanted to start a Witch Doctor. Oh well....

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/status[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the handy link.

I was able to wrap up the first act right before the servers went down. My Barbarian is whooping some ass, stunning mobs of enemies and cleaving them up. I've rune'd my cleave attack with a skill that makes enemies explode upon death, so it is almost as though my Barbarian is playing with corpse explosion from D2... soooo satisfying.

Also, I know story is not what comes to mind when people think of Diablo, but I'm finding D3's story to be very satisfying. Already in Act 1 there have been some pretty fun twists, nice callbacks to the original game, and amazing cut scenes. I'm really digging it.

My friends and I finished our normal run earlier this afternoon. Through the entire thing we only got two legendary items (I got a chest-piece and my friend got a Monk helm). Started playing on Nightmare and its way more fun. Definitely challenging at times compared to normal which was pretty much a breeze. Cant wait for the servers to come back to so I can play all night again.

[quote name='panzerfaust']Game is phenomenal, by the way. If anyone was wondering.[/QUOTE]

This. Despite the login issues and the fact that it's frustrating there is no offline singleplayer, the game is fantastic. I haven't been this overjoyed while playing a game in ages. Once they get out a few patches to address some of these issues it'll be smooth sailing.

[quote name='Morphx2']how are you ladies enjoying the offline playing while the servers are down???[/QUOTE]

I'm enjoying it just fine. I get to watch and laugh at the people nerd raging about not being able to play a game

[quote name='Morphx2']how are you ladies enjoying the offline playing while the servers are down???[/QUOTE]

^ hemadbro

Yea I agree with the others game is phenomenal.

We are in the process of performing an emergency maintenance for #D3 servers in the Americas to resolve several issues

http://twitter.com/#!/blizzardcs

Bedtime for me on that one....game will probably be up when I get up.

Morph - how does it feel having so much hate inside? Try an episode of Dexter to chill out to - it might take the edge off.

Its okay, you can always go play terrible League of Legends. I'd rather spam login attempts than force myself to play that drivel any longer. Have fun playing your game with a community that's made up of 98% trolls though.

Game is very good, but holy crap @ the terrible server stability / upkeep.

Blizzard should be ashamed of themselves, but I doubt they care, as long as they got people to buy the game day 1. How can one of the most resourceful, most money-making, and veteran developer release D3 without enough servers?

They completely screwed this launch up. It's worse than most MMORPG launches and D3 isn't even a MMO. So frustrating...

[quote name='panzerfaust']Best not to buy servers you'll never need again outside of launch day.[/QUOTE]

This right here, because it would just be bad business.

[quote name='panzerfaust']Game is phenomenal, by the way. If anyone was wondering.[/QUOTE]
Blizzard knows how to make phenomenal games. WoW to this day is still one of my favorite games of all time. SC II is great, and D3 is shaping up to be another phenomenal game (well once I can really get into it after the login problems).

I think for me, I am not mad that the D3 servers are fucked. Just kinda like facepalming because they have had how many years of WoW server maintenance, lol.

[quote name='kube00']I just want to play.....[/QUOTE]

Go to the Euro servers. I'm actually getting a better ping there (~120) than I do on the Us servers at the moment (~300).

Anyone that has had a chance to play, have you played on low settings? How is it? The laptop im thinking of buying has a video card rated low settings on their requirements page, just wanted to see how it would look

[quote name='pbnate88']Anyone that has had a chance to play, have you played on low settings? How is it? The laptop im thinking of buying has a video card rated low settings on their requirements page, just wanted to see how it would look[/QUOTE]

Pretty much the only difference between low and high is shadows. The game looks fine either way.

Oh man, this is fantastic. I logged into my battle.net account just because and I saw that I have starter access (haven't bought the game or redeemed a code). I assume it's because I was in the beta. So now I can install the game and start a character with each class (without it being wiped) and continue on with the class I like the most once I upgrade to the full version.

i didn't see any topic for it specifically so i'm sorry if i put it in the wrong place if someone has a spare guest pass you could give me i really appreciate , really wanted to try the game first before buying it as i haven't played the beta

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']Oh man, this is fantastic. I logged into my battle.net account just because and I saw that I have starter access (haven't bought the game or redeemed a code). I assume it's because I was in the beta. So now I can install the game and start a character with each class (without it being wiped) and continue on with the class I like the most once I upgrade to the full version.[/QUOTE]
How do you go about checking if you have starter access? I don't have the Diablo III beta installed anymore.

bread's done
Back