Diablo III / Diablo II Battle.net Thread

You know I just realized something. Odds are pretty good that Diablo 3 is going to consoles. They've put out adds for it and they've openly said they're experimenting with it.

If it does make it to consoles, I cannot imagine that they'd keep the always online requirement and you'd be able to play offline.
1. Console version would for the first time for me, become the superior version.
2. Would be a slap to the dick for PC players.
3. Would show that offline singleplayer was very possible.

However, I think there will be a singleplayer crack by then since it sounds like it'd be a year or two out.

[quote name='crystalklear64']You know I just realized something. Odds are pretty good that Diablo 3 is going to consoles. They've put out adds for it and they've openly said they're experimenting with it.

If it does make it to consoles, I cannot imagine that they'd keep the always online requirement and you'd be able to play offline.
1. Console version would for the first time for me, become the superior version.

However, I think there will be a singleplayer crack by then since it sounds like it'd be a year or two out.[/QUOTE]

I won't believe that until it's on store shelves. They also said StarCraft Ghost was coming to consoles.

[quote name='crystalklear64']You know I just realized something. Odds are pretty good that Diablo 3 is going to consoles. They've put out adds for it and they've openly said they're experimenting with it.

However, I think there will be a singleplayer crack by then since it sounds like it'd be a year or two out.[/QUOTE]

the console version might not have an AH or PvP to help keep things in check...also I thought PSN had a must be connected to PSN to play this game Game. I forget which title.

After playing torchlight on xbox and crimson alliance, I can see D3 totally playable on the console (but potentially watered down). As for dick slapping pc players, I think the pc version will still be a superior experience over the console version...for this version.

[quote name='Sway']Also, enable elective mode in the gameplay options. It lets you take more than one power in each group by replacing a power from another group. For example, on my wizard I'm using metero, blizzard and hydra but don't have a power from the mastery or secondary group.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I found out yesterday that it's not something you unlock but just there at the start. Beggars the question WHY it's not on by default (or even exists). Stupid casual shit like this just makes me rage lol. fucking Blizzard and their carebear design.

FYI, major pro-tip: buy +2-4 dmg rings/neck ASAP off vendors once they offer them. Just leave game over and over until you find them and keep upgrading to 3-6, etc when you find them at higher levels. These are retardedly OP and the stat to stack right now as they offer the highest single-stat DPS contribution in the game. Once you can craft jewels, start crafting weapons with sockets to add even more from rubies. My barb has something like 300 dps now with 70% MF at level 24. Normal mode? Sleep mode, yawn.

Yeah, last Blizzard game to make it to consoles was Starcraft 64, 12 years ago. Blizzard is notorious for developing games and not releasing them due to not meeting their expectations.

And I really, REALLY doubt a console release would happen without mandated online. Another reason why the game likely won't be released on the consoles. Unless it has no online multiplayer at all, I suppose that might happen, but who would buy that?

Ok I got my CE, but I have a few questions:

I already have d2 and wc3 keys registered with my account. Is there any way to only register d3 or do I basically lose the d2 keys when I register?

Will the new keys replace the old keys?

Will any of the d2 keys be available again so I can pass them along to a friend?

EDIT: I asked here because the battlenet forums seem to be down.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='slowdive21']Ok I got my CE, but I have a few questions:

I already have d2 and wc3 keys registered with my account. Is there any way to only register d3 or do I basically lose the d2 keys when I register?

Will the new keys replace the old keys?

Will any of the d2 keys be available again so I can pass them along to a friend?

EDIT: I asked here because the battlenet forums seem to be down.[/QUOTE]
From the unboxing videos I saw it looked like the d2 cd-keys were on a slip of paper?

Isn't there a card in the CE with cd keys for D2 and D2LOD? I'm pretty sure I saw them somewhere inside. The D3 CE key only registers D3, not D2, so you could take the D2 keys and give them to a friend since you already have D2 registered.

[quote name='crystalklear64']From the unboxing videos I saw it looked like the d2 cd-keys were on a slip of paper?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Jodou']Uh, the D2 license should be on one of those cards you get. Pretty sure it's among the guest passes in the box; go look.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='tcrash247']Isn't there a card in the CE with cd keys for D2 and D2LOD? I'm pretty sure I saw them somewhere inside. The D3 CE key only registers D3, not D2, so you could take the D2 keys and give them to a friend since you already have D2 registered.[/QUOTE]

Oh ok thanks guys! I thought someone said all of the dlc stuff was on the flash drive. I just didn't want the extra d2 keys to go to waste since I already have them registered. I haven't opened my CE yet, because it is perfect, so I may keep this one sealed if I can find another one that is dinged up!

[quote name='Jodou']Yeah, I found out yesterday that it's not something you unlock but just there at the start. Beggars the question WHY it's not on by default (or even exists). Stupid casual shit like this just makes me rage lol. fucking Blizzard and their carebear design.

FYI, major pro-tip: buy +2-4 dmg rings/neck ASAP off vendors once they offer them. Just leave game over and over until you find them and keep upgrading to 3-6, etc when you find them at higher levels. These are retardedly OP and the stat to stack right now as they offer the highest single-stat DPS contribution in the game. Once you can craft jewels, start crafting weapons with sockets to add even more from rubies. My barb has something like 300 dps now with 70% MF at level 24. Normal mode? Sleep mode, yawn.[/QUOTE]

My Barb (which was my alt but has slowly turned into my main) has 900+ DPS thanks to rubies. Same goes for my two friends. Its hilarious how fast we clear things with three barbs and a witch doctor.

Oh, found two more oranges yesterday. One Monk fist weapon and a pair of gloves.

So my monk has become fucking retarded now. I just got that passive ability that heals me every time I cast a spell. So all I do is walk into wave of enemies, punch the shit out of them, use a bleed spell which heals me, and then keep on punching to regain my spirit back to keep applying my bleed spell which in return heals me. Oh and I have no cooldowns on that spell.

My idea is to build this guy fist of the north star style as I punch crazy fast which in return makes enemies explode and I am pretty much invincible due to my heals.

[quote name='panzerfaust']15k dps and inferno is still ridiculous[/QUOTE]
I was watching Method's stream this morning just for shits and the way they're clearing trash is just respawn zerging lol. Their boss fight kill videos are the real meat of inferno because it takes really good timing/twitch to not die. I imagine they're far undergeared but it just goes to show how disappointing inferno is. The mobs are deadly, but since trash doesn't reset unless you leave the game it only serves to roadblock the way to bosses. Unlike D2, you can't all just roll sorcs and teleport across the map to the bosses and just fight them. Difficult? Not really. Tedious? Yep.

The worst part is you can't install maphack, so you might end up clearing for half an hour just to find out you went the wrong way. That's fucking dumb design right there.

all the good loot drops off the minibosses and champion packs, so no, teleporting to the story encounters would actually be counter-productive (if you could do it). and as some may know, dying increasing your respawn timer, so it's very possible to wipe and watch the enemie's health go back to full while you wait.

mobs have been harder and more rewarding than the story encounters for the past 3 difficulties.

[quote name='panzerfaust']
mobs have been harder and more rewarding than the story encounters for the past 3 difficulties.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's my experience even in Nightmare. The story bosses are a cinch compared to the Champion groups, which are quite challenging (I'm still playing solo).

[quote name='panzerfaust']all the good loot drops off the minibosses and champion packs, so no, teleporting to the story encounters would actually be counter-productive (if you could do it). and as some may know, dying increasing your respawn timer, so it's very possible to wipe and watch the enemie's health go back to full while you wait.

mobs have been harder and more rewarding than the story encounters for the past 3 difficulties.[/QUOTE]
Just from experience in normal mode, you can go a long while without seeing champs so even with the prospect of loot, the real fun is killing the bosses. I'm too conditioned to WoW I guess, where trash pulls are just a time waster while traveling to the boss.

[quote name='Jodou']Just from experience in normal mode, you can go a long while without seeing champs so even with the prospect of loot, the real fun is killing the bosses. [/QUOTE]

There are many more Champions in Nightmare than in Normal. You'll generally encounter at least two packs per map. I can only imagine that trend continues at Hell and Inferno.

[quote name='Jodou']Just from experience in normal mode, you can go a long while without seeing champs so even with the prospect of loot, the real fun is killing the bosses. I'm too conditioned to WoW I guess, where trash pulls are just a time waster while traveling to the boss.[/QUOTE]

the real fun is in the loot, welcome to diablo ;)

normal is a lot of fun with the story and bosses and all, but as you keep going higher, tougher mobs will be everywhere and if you want good loot you will have to deal with them. i was half expecting to go on magic find runs when i hit 60, but all the loot is in inferno so instead i actually have to play a game, lol.

that's great design, if you ask me.

[quote name='slowdive21']Ok, can someone explain to this old guy what "trash pulls" are?[/QUOTE]

any non-boss non-unique monster you have to deal with. it will start feeling like trash when you're max level and the XP part of the game isn't a factor anymore.

Hmmmm....don't like hearing that on the monk....but I'm having fun trying to explore everywhere with mine on normal the first time through. Managed to die once when I walked into about a dozen things with the wrong skills picked for that. Guess that is a lesson learned.

2vdqr02.gif

Is it just me or does it seem like the multiplayer is not even worth it? D2 I thought had a great MP. D3 I can only join for the quests they will let me join for and as of now it has only been myself and one other person. I remember in D2 running the same boss over and over for better gear till I decided to go to the next act. When I was done with act 1 in D3 I thought I would do the same seeing how the rare drops from the boss were for the Monk and I'm playing a Witch Doctor. I ran the boss twice and only got some random blue items. I did the same thing for a quest in Act 2 with the same results. So it seems like farming is not really worth it in D3.

[quote name='sendme']Is it just me or does it seem like the multiplayer is not even worth it? D2 I thought had a great MP. D3 I can only join for the quests they will let me join for and as of now it has only been myself and one other person. I remember in D2 running the same boss over and over for better gear till I decided to go to the next act. When I was done with act 1 in D3 I thought I would do the same seeing how the rare drops from the boss were for the Monk and I'm playing a Witch Doctor. I ran the boss twice and only got some random blue items. I did the same thing for a quest in Act 2 with the same results. So it seems like farming is not really worth it in D3.[/QUOTE]

You can co-op all the quests. Honestly, the best way to play Diablo is with a group of friends (In D2, it was even more important with the non-shared loot).

And any time you spend farming is better spent getting through normal so you can get to higher difficulties.

[quote name='panzerfaust']that's great design, if you ask me.[/QUOTE]
I agree to an extent, but it's hard for me to enjoy a loot driven game when the goalpost keeps moving. I guess I wish there was an option to start at 60 with inferno unlocked. That's where the fun starts for me. Baptism by fire. :twisted:

Finished the game last night and so far nightmare has been a walk in the park; hoping that changes quick. Diablo was way too easy IMO, but I suppose that's what higher difficulties are for. I did feel overleveled at times though. Anyone else finish around 32?

[quote name='sendme']Is it just me or does it seem like the multiplayer is not even worth it? D2 I thought had a great MP. D3 I can only join for the quests they will let me join for and as of now it has only been myself and one other person. I remember in D2 running the same boss over and over for better gear till I decided to go to the next act. When I was done with act 1 in D3 I thought I would do the same seeing how the rare drops from the boss were for the Monk and I'm playing a Witch Doctor. I ran the boss twice and only got some random blue items. I did the same thing for a quest in Act 2 with the same results. So it seems like farming is not really worth it in D3.[/QUOTE]
While I can't prove it, I'm almost certain they have some algorithm running that prevents you from farming and forces you to move on. For example, in act 3 there was a checkpoint right at this arena type area that leads down a spire. My first time there, it was loaded with elites/champs and I thought to myself 'fuck yeah, I'm farming this shit since it's like 2 mins to clear with tons of magic/rare items. My 3rd reload, it was literally deserted with only a few trash mobs anywhere.

While I appreciate the fact that it snapped me back to reality seeing as all loot is garbage until inferno, Blizzard has quite literally ripped so much control from the player it makes me sick. They're terrified of what gamers can do without being put on a leash and that's just sad.

Yea, ive noticed i get rares when beating bosses for the first time. But if i go back and replay a couple times I never do.
Then i realized its easier to just sell most of the stuff I find and just buy what I want on the auction house(at least on normal difficulty)

I haven't bought anything from the Auction House, but I have been selling all the rares I find and making a pretty good return on them.

Its pretty easy to search for what you want - as a lvl 30 wizard im just searching on armor with +int and + vitality mostly. Have my dmg up to 600 right now, which seems to be doing well for me.

So the team that made it to A3 inferno is out of the race due to a stealth hotfix to the monk skills. Apparently with a group of 4 monks you could become literally invincible forever. Pretty OP and in need of a change, but lame of Blizzard to make it a stealth hotfix. Apparently the guy's team is watched like a hawk by Blizz.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcfGPG3YUIU

Blizzard has stated that your best bet for loot are the champion packs (yellow rare + blue champions). They specifically said they didn't want D3 to be reduced to the equivalent of Baal/Meph/Pindle runs as it was in 2.

Once you hit 60 and start stacking the Nephalem Valor buff the drops start getting better according to friends of mine.

My buddy and I are currently lvl 40 and close to the end of Act 2 Nightmare. It's been pretty easy so far, but ran into a couple Champ packs with some nasty combo abilities (waller & molten being pretty tough..and fun)

Some guy in Denmark completed Inferno solo as a wizard. Said he died over 100 times on Diablo. http://www.diablofans.com/topic/42866-i-beat-diablo-inferno-solo/

OMG I just saw that guy's pics. That inventory screen is horrendous. The art/colors bug me. Gameplay art/colors look ok though.

Does this play like diablo though? The character movement looks like a different game with the diving/rolling.

I am seriously asking as I may not like this game if it doesn't feel like a diablo game.

Feels like a diablo game to me.

The real achievement is going to be Hardcore Inferno. No more running naked and chain dying through acts to get tot he bosses.

[quote name='TLPRIME']Feels like a diablo game to me.

The real achievement is going to be Hardcore Inferno. No more running naked and chain dying through acts to get tot he bosses.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='crystalklear64']i am a massive hater of diablo 3 and even i would say that it feels mostly like diablo.[/QUOTE]

Ok, thanks. I feel less nervous about cracking my CE open now!

It even took me a while to get used to WC3s art, so I assume I will adjust to d3's art too (I don't play WOW). The jewels look like something from a free to play online game that I see homeless people playing at the library. :lol:

Luckily my monitor is the same one I used with D2, so I don't have to worry about bright colors since the LCD is matte and dulls them to an extent.

Don't know if it was mentioned in this thread or not, just read the last page or so. But I found this to make the game a bit easier on the eyes.

http://www.darkd3.com/

Darkens it up a bit and sharpens it. I found the game a bit blurry for my tastes and this helped a lot.

[quote name='Pookymeister']Yea, ive noticed i get rares when beating bosses for the first time. But if i go back and replay a couple times I never do.
Then i realized its easier to just sell most of the stuff I find and just buy what I want on the auction house(at least on normal difficulty)[/QUOTE]
I was just coming to post this. Waiting for my brother to get off work so we can play together and I started playing the AH. Once you understand the stats in-depth, you will see what items will move super fast and what sits. I'm finding for level 30 rares, you can move them at 5-10k quickly. If the item is perfectly itemized, 15-20 but they might sit for a bit.

Typically, I find that people who get a new good piece of loot will move their old item at those prices and you can generally get them pre-socketed with a perfect gem. I've picked up some sick loot for 15k or less on each item. It's also funny because I can see what new items are going to sit and what will sell instantly. Haven't been wrong so far.

So yeah, AH is the way to go and I wish I hadn't wasted money on blacksmithing to this point. I'd have way more wealth by now if I hadn't.

So how do you turn gold into real world money? Is there some kind of rate they have like 1000 gold for $0.01 And is the gold from the auction house the game gold you pick up from monsters?

I'm selling level 50+ items for 150k+ regularly. People probably having a rough time on Hell =p

@slowdive, the real money AH isn't up yet, so I don't know how exactly it will work. But yes, the gold AH is the the currency you pick up from monsters.

[quote name='Jodou']
So yeah, AH is the way to go and I wish I hadn't wasted money on blacksmithing to this point. I'd have way more wealth by now if I hadn't.[/QUOTE]
Inferno level blacksmith makes some pretty sick gear, not to mention all the high level recipes you can loot.

It will pay off, is what I'm saying.

bread's done
Back