Dick move on the AC adapter

Max Spider X

CAGiversary!
Nice move cockblocking other devices from charging through this AC brick by adding 2 slots in the USB port. What does Sony stand to gain by doing this?

Also what genius thought it was good idea to make the USB cable so short? When I am lying in bed playing the brick is always hanging in midair.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't care about that so much, but I really wish we could charge the Vita with other USB charging devices. Like my portable battery. I tried one of those adapters that is supposed to make it work, but it didn't. I returned it and bought another thinking the first was just defective, but the 2nd one didn't work either. Which is odd because other people report it working. ???

Some third party makes a usb converter, so anything source will work. Pretty sure its on amazon.

That's exactly what I bought. Twice. It does not work, at least not for me. I tried my portable battery thing, iPad charger, etc. the only one I cared about was the portable battery, but I tried other things to see if they worked.

That's exactly what I bought. Twice. It does not work, at least not for me. I tried my portable battery thing, iPad charger, etc. the only one I cared about was the portable battery, but I tried other things to see if they worked.
I had one that worked on my computer and my wall charger, but not a friend's wall charger. I think whether or not those work has to do with the amps coming through. I believe the Vita just refuses to charge on certain ones, and it's possible that the battery's usb amp output is too high.

By wall charger I mean wall->usb thingy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, but others said it worked with their iPad charger, so I don't know what the deal is. Maybe I got two dead ones, but I'm not sure I'm willing to try buying a third. Or maybe the problem is something with the cable I'm using (it's the official one, but maybe it's got some issue? It does work fine with the stock charger, though). I still need to return the 2nd one. I'd better do it before time runs out.

bread's done
Back