Did anyone else get an e-mail to take a survey on Nintendo.com?

ZoneFighter

CAG Veteran
I received an e-mail from Nintendo today asking me to take an online survey. It asked me how I liked my Wii, what games I had & how happy I was with it/them, If I'd recommend the system to others and what I thought about how innovative/easy to use the controllers are.

I was hoping I'd get some Wii Points as a thank you for taking it but no dice...

Yeah, aside from the “thanks and here’s a link back to Nintendo.com” thing, you don’t get dick. Well, except for the feeling of fulfillment you get from completing a menial task, but that don’t buy Gunstar Heroes now does it? ;)

I made the mistake of clicking "outside the United States" as my answer to "Where do you CURRENTLY live?" and that was the end of the survey for me! D'oh!

[quote name='soonersfan60']My survey did not go into that much detail. I'm guessing because it found out I was over 40 and not the main game player in the house.[/quote]

I'm 42 and I decided I was the main game player in the house (that would be either me or my 4 year old and he isn't paying for any systems/games or taking surveys!)

Mine was very detailed, took about 10 mins to fill out, really good one at that. One of the questions, what do you think of the Wii shop channel, I gave it a 2 and when they asked me why I said there are no good vc games.

I got the e-mail late last night and took it too. I get a lot of surveys from Nintendo. But that's probably because I purchase and register lots of Nintendo products. Heh.

What I'm really wondering is, have any of the results from these surveys ever made a visible difference? So far I've seen none.

[quote name='ZoneFighter']I'm 42 and I decided I was the main game player in the house (that would be either me or my 4 year old and he isn't paying for any systems/games or taking surveys!)[/quote]

I gave the "privilege" of primary game player to my 11-year-old son (even though I secretly wish it was me with all the free time to play ;) ).

I thought they'd at least give us an opportunity to write in some suggestions or problems we've been having. Instead they thought questions like this would be of use:

"Nintendo's new controller brings a unique experience to gaming in general (disagree/neutral/agree)"

How is this helpful to them? Isn't the main reason you bought the freaking thing becuase of the control scheme? Don't they know that already?

It seemed like a giant wase of time to me. They would have been better served asking questions about the type of games we want to buy in the future for our remote controlled gamecube plus. They've already sold people on it's uniqueness. Now they have to find out what people want on the horizon.

bread's done
Back