Did GTA: Vice city have graphic rape?

thorbahn3

Staff member
Feedback
5 (100%)
I'm taking a marketing class for the summer and there is a section about ethics in my textbook. One example about ethics is on GTA: Vice City. In the article it mentions that it has graphic rape in the game. "...players controlling Vercetti can earn points for raping a woman in the back of a stolen car..." Now, I've never played GTA: Vice City (only GTA3 and GTA4) so I was wondering if this actually did happen or is this article wrong?

probly referring to the "cheat" where you drive a hooker into a secluded area and then you see the car bouncing up and down so obviously sex is taking place.However, she takes your money so Im not sure if its "rape"; more so just performing a service for cash.

[quote name='BasketCase1080']probly referring to the "cheat" where you drive a hooker into a secluded area and then you see the car bouncing up and down so obviously sex is taking place.However, she takes your money so Im not sure if its "rape"; more so just performing a service for cash.[/quote]

If you move the camers, they are both sitting in their seats doing nothing :lol:

[quote name='StinkyCheese']If you move the camers, they are both sitting in their seats doing nothing :lol:[/quote]

Then GTAIV is much more advanced....

If there was rape in Vice City, I'm sure Jack T would have something to say about it.

In fact, now that you brought it up, I'm sure he'll go on another rampage and use that textbook as a reliable source.

Actually, one of the state politicians in my fine state of Connecticut believes there is rape in GTA IV as well and has stated that she'd find it herself if she was good enough to get that far in the game (I'm paraphrasing obviously). Here's the original Kotaku article about it. These politicians really don't get it...

http://kotaku.com/5019716/connecticut-senator-searching-for-rape-scene-in-gta-iv

On the behalf of Connecticut, I'm sorry we continue to vote these people in. I'm a Democrat no less and I am ashamed =P

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']oddly I thought the OP was about the graphics engine and random pop-ins.[/quote]

oddly enough I thought the same LOL!

Law and Order:SVU portrayed a GTA-like computer game that had this in one of their episodes.

GTA:VC never had it.

In sum total, I believe your marketing textbook is reporting videogame facts straight out of a network TV show.

I bet the rest of that textbook is pretty much fine...which makes it all the more odd that they would completely make up something like this.

[quote name='camoor']Law and Order:SVU portrayed a GTA-like computer game that had this in one of their episodes.[/quote]

Actually, I think the L&O:SVU episode had a Second Life type game. On CSI:Miami though, they had a case based on a GTA-clone.

...I watch too many crime dramas...:whistle2:#

[quote name='hostyl1']Actually, I think the L&O:SVU episode had a Second Life type game. On CSI:Miami though, they had a case based on a GTA-clone.

...I watch too many crime dramas...:whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

I thought I watched too many but obviously not if I havent seen these episodes >_>

fatherhood.jpg

If you pickup a hooker than kill her to get your money back, i think its THEFT and possibly murder, but not rape

[quote name='camoor']Law and Order:SVU portrayed a GTA-like computer game that had this in one of their episodes.

GTA:VC never had it.

In sum total, I believe your marketing textbook is reporting videogame facts straight out of a network TV show.[/quote]i see. so that's where the confusion lies. ishould write the senator

[quote name='goomba478']Actually, one of the state politicians in my fine state of Connecticut believes there is rape in GTA IV as well and has stated that she'd find it herself if she was good enough to get that far in the game (I'm paraphrasing obviously). Here's the original Kotaku article about it. These politicians really don't get it...

http://kotaku.com/5019716/connecticut-senator-searching-for-rape-scene-in-gta-iv

On the behalf of Connecticut, I'm sorry we continue to vote these people in. I'm a Democrat no less and I am ashamed =P[/quote]

I used to live in her district, moved one town out. Would love to be able to write her saying I was a constituent and embarrassed by her actions.

You know, for all the bs, here is one thing that wouldn't be so bad if EA bought out Rockstar.

EA is big enough, with large enough staff of lawyers (I'm sure, being a public company) that they would defend the GTA brand against this type of baseless accusations. Actually, if Rockstar was motivated, they could sue many of these people.

However, I'm sure they think the false hype only builds the mistiques of the games.

You should write the book's author / publisher and ask about it. Put some info together and ask them if its ethical to incorrectly teach hearsay as fact.

[quote name='goomba478']Actually, one of the state politicians in my fine state of Connecticut believes there is rape in GTA IV as well and has stated that she'd find it herself if she was good enough to get that far in the game (I'm paraphrasing obviously). Here's the original Kotaku article about it. These politicians really don't get it...

On the behalf of Connecticut, I'm sorry we continue to vote these people in. I'm a Democrat no less and I am ashamed =P[/QUOTE]

I love her attitude about this. She makes a completely ridiculous statement and then when asked to prove herself she reverses it and places the burden of proof on anyone who doesn't believe her ridiculous statement. Its almost like me saying the loch ness monster exists and then when asked to prove it I just have to say well go ahead and show me otherwise...

[quote name='Nolimits']
fatherhood.jpg

If you pickup a hooker than kill her to get your money back, i think its THEFT and possibly murder, but not rape[/quote]

Possibly murder?

I would write to whoever wrote the book. Presumably it's some professor who read it on fox news or something and didn't know any better. I would be nice in the email, and chances are they will fix the error in future editions (if they are made).

bread's done
Back