Did I just fall victim to this Xbox live card scam?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Rozz']Yes, but I dunno... it's fucking Pepsiman. Did you read the feedback he got? He had a negative for lying about computer specs on a computer he sold and responded to it by saying "people are too damn picky". His blatant stupidity makes him villan of the year for me :lol:[/quote]
Don't pick on Pepsiman. He's just a misunderstood individual :lol:

[quote name='io']I hear you Gwen, but it sure seems odd that with all the feedback she has not a single person has gone back and amended their positive with a note saying the code stopped working after 30 days. I mean, if this happened to me I'd make damn sure to bring her down. Yeah, I see the few negatives there but those are well within the "noise" of typical eBay buyers (some will neg you just 'cause). It just all seems odd to me. I sure wouldn't consider buying them though (for one thing, I wouldn't want to create a new account).

In any case, the OP of this thread ought to be able to fill us in soon on whether his account is still good or not.

Edit - Just to be sure, I went back to her feedback from July and I can't see any comments added to the feedbacks. However, I'm not sure it would matter as I had to go back TWENTY pages of feedback to see those. No buyer is going to look that far back. DAYUM - she sells a lot of these things! I am highly suspicious of her method of procurement but I doubt even if she went into a store naked she could secure that many of them :lol:.[/quote]
I initally thought the same (that she was innocent and nobody was complaining because it was legitimate). But, after her little escapade on CAG trying to manipulate opinions and facts ("LOL, here's my loyal card-buying fanbase!") and the sheer number of orders she can put out each month, something is amiss.

I'd like to believe that these powersellers who bought cards from her would know eBay well enough to turn a rating around, or enough would be ticked to shut her down via complaints, but nothing's happened yet. It's an odd predicament indeed.

Maybe since eBay has no real policies with digitally delivered goods she can get off scott-free?

I have been contacting past buyers from her list, that date up to more than a month past when we think the code might expire. SO far everyones code is still working. SHes Legit i believe.

[quote name='talem84']I have been contacting past buyers from her list, that date up to more than a month past when we think the code might expire. SO far everyones code is still working. SHes Legit i believe.[/quote]
Odd, you joined around when this thread started, and your only posts are in it. Are you them or their friend? *cough*

[quote name='talem84']I have been contacting past buyers from her list, that date up to more than a month past when we think the code might expire. SO far everyones code is still working. SHes Legit i believe.[/quote]

Once another CAG or two who have been here for several months to a year verify this as well, maybe I'll believe. Until then, though, this smells fairly fishy.

I don't think these codes are from simply being stolen from stores, since no one selling these "non-renewal" cards has any cards. No matter where you look, they all only email the codes. Even on Amazon. All the pics they use on Ebay are generic. There is not one shred of proof that these people have the cards.

[quote name='talem84']I have been contacting past buyers from her list, that date up to more than a month past when we think the code might expire. SO far everyones code is still working. SHes Legit i believe.[/QUOTE]
I highly doubt that everyone would reply to some random person that contacted them through ebay

This is how I saw it...

God damn, such drama... I LOVE IT I LOVE IT! It starts with supafly being all like wha the pho?! I think I'm being scammed! And then everyones like oh snap! Everyone becomes suspicious of hledford87 and then BAM out of no where she/he/shemale COMES OUT OF NO WHERE AND POSTS A REPLY! Daaaaymmm... And then Pooky made a decisive move and DEMANDED A PICTURE WITH A SPOON and ROLL OF TOILET PAPER!

Surprisingly! Hledford accepts the condition and not only does the spoon and roll of toilet paper show up.... her TWO FRIENDS as well!

The fight continues, Rozz remains to be skeptical even after seeing the two friends. How does he do it!? Hledford senses that she's losing the battle, so she summons up multiple clones to help her!

Everyone remains quiet, a duel between Rozz and Hledford ensues! Why just a duel? Because the 'multiple clones' spews crap.

Couples days later...

The battlefield is silent and foggy... a shadowy figure emerges from the fog and it's DUN DUN DUN DUNNN Guinaevere! With his technicalities to finish the blow... aided by Wizard!

The End!

Note: This is entirely fictional. The story does not necessary represent the views of the user that posted this message. Have a nice day.

JAjaj moce how everyone automatically thinks im her.

No i mentioned that there was a scam going on and woundered how long and if there card was still working. SImple as that.

I will report back when this month is over to confirm that if it works or not. SInce the experation date is 8/2007. ANd dont you guys have ways to check whos ip ius being logged in under the acounts.. wouldnt that clarify if im her or not?

[quote name='talem84']ANd dont you guys have ways to check whos ip ius being logged in under the acounts.. wouldnt that clarify if im her or not?[/QUOTE]
Proxy much?

[quote name='supafly1824']This girl is good.

But I have no doubt in my mind this is a scam.[/QUOTE]

The picture is likely not of her. I had friends in High School who would routinely sell things and put pictures of "hot" people in them because (1) it increased traffic and (2) if they sold clothing (especially female) they'd get 10-200 times more for it. Disturbing, yes--- but true.

I'd be insanely shocked if "Hottie Heather" is really that woman. Just because a person creates a MySpace, an AIM name, and posts a picture on eBay (all free, mind you) does not indicate that it is actually that person. So when speaking of the "woman", I question that. ;-)

[quote name='MrNEWZ']
I'd be insanely shocked if "Hottie Heather" is really that woman. Just because a person creates a MySpace, an AIM name, and posts a picture on eBay (all free, mind you) does not indicate that it is actually that person. So when speaking of the "woman", I question that. ;-)[/quote]

You must not have read the whole thread ;)

Reading feedback on her ebay only 1 person has gone back to state that the card expired after a month (Way back on May 31, 2007). That said in response to the guy who bought the card and is waiting... ebay has no recourse for digital delivery and paypal will require you to prove you were scammed, which will be hard to do unless you took a picture of yourself entering the code, the code being submitted under your Live ID, and then where it said "1 Month Expires 08/2007" and finally when the card expired and your account was locked and kicked back to silver status. She can always say "He didn't follow the instructions" or "he must have entered the code wrong and now it expired"

I will say I wouldn't purchase anything where you don't have the card in hand and also this is the best thread I've ever read lol.

[quote name='Pookymeister']You must not have read the whole thread ;)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I just caught up. My bad. ;-)

However, despite the picture--- it's not hard to have a friend help you. I stand by my story. Someone has a stripper friend that helps them out. ;-) (seriously, who greases them up to shoot a bird holding a spoon and toilet paper?)

[quote name='Ubivin']
The battlefield is silent and foggy... a shadowy figure emerges from the fog and it's DUN DUN DUN DUNNN Guinaevere! With his technicalities to finish the blow... aided by Wizard!
[/QUOTE]

Just like to mention that Gwen is a she ;)....that is all

[quote name='Ubivin']The battlefield is silent and foggy... a shadowy figure emerges from the fog and it's DUN DUN DUN DUNNN Guinaevere! With his technicalities to finish the blow... aided by Wizard![/quote]I'm liking the shadowy figure imagry, but I'm not a guy. And unlike hledford, I can prove it; I've met other CAGs in person.

[quote name='talem84']JAjaj moce how everyone automatically thinks im her.[/quote]You signed up the same time as Heather and you guys have the same type names.
hledford 87
talem84

Granted, one would think there'd be more imagination involved but then, we have higher expectations.

[quote name='mrelusive']Proxy much?[/quote]:applause:

[quote name='MrNEWZ']However, despite the picture--- it's not hard to have a friend help you. I stand by my story. Someone has a stripper friend that helps them out. ;-) (seriously, who greases them up to shoot a bird holding a spoon and toilet paper?)[/quote]Friend, daughter, girlfriend, sister, roommate, dormmate. Not hard at all.

[quote name='Link927']Just like to mention that Gwen is a she ;)....that is all[/quote]Thanks, Link. =)

[quote name='guinaevere']I'm liking the shadowy figure imagry, but I'm not a guy. And unlike hledford, I can prove it; I've met other CAGs in person.
[/quote]

If you ever want to get rid of the comics, you'd be able to add me to the list to vouch. ;-)

[quote name='guinaevere']Friend, daughter, girlfriend, sister, roommate, dormmate. Not hard at all.[/QUOTE]

No love for the comment that she's greased herself up? I've lost faith in you Gwen. My wife always notices stuff like that and thus, now I do--- and then get yelled at for pointing out.

So I will pose the question again: Who greases their boobs up to take a picture with toilet paper and a spoon?

[quote name='MrNEWZ']If you ever want to get rid of the comics, you'd be able to add me to the list to vouch. ;-)[/quote]Are you still interested? I can't tell you how many people said they'd buy them all and then just dropped off the face of the planet. Gonna be out of town next month, but drop me a line in October. Cuz they needs to go.

No love for the comment that she's greased herself up? I've lost faith in you Gwen. My wife always notices stuff like that and thus, now I do--- and then get yelled at for pointing out.
Don't think less of me. I honestly didn't even see that comment till you just scolded me for missing it. :lol:

So I will pose the question again: Who greases their boobs up to take a picture with toilet paper and a spoon?
ITruth be told, I'm not sure I understand the phrase. Do you mean literally? Because if so that's just... yuck.

She does have a baby. Maybe she's sore from feeding and... and... I'm going to stop right there. I really have no desire to be thinking about this floozys boobs.

How does she even find the time to get knocked up when she's so busy selling Xbox Live cards all day? ;)

[quote name='hledford87']
4xw0qc8.jpg

Anything else?[/quote] Anybody can take a picture of a spoon and toilet paper, if thats really you you'll take one holding up all those Live Cards like you just got paid! Then we have 2 recent photos to compare.

handmoney.jpg

[quote name='guinaevere']Are you still interested? I can't tell you how many people said they'd buy them all and then just dropped off the face of the planet. Gonna be out of town next month, but drop me a line in October. Cuz they needs to go.

Don't think less of me. I honestly didn't even see that comment till you just scolded me for missing it. :lol:

ITruth be told, I'm not sure I understand the phrase. Do you mean literally? Because if so that's just... yuck.

She does have a baby. Maybe she's sore from feeding and... and... I'm going to stop right there. I really have no desire to be thinking about this floozys boobs.[/QUOTE]

Yes, bug me when you return then. I figured most people would drop off--- which is why I said "get with me when you've sold off what you can." It's my experience that many people will mention wanting tons of comics, then back off when they total the dollar amount--- which is why I offered to take just what I needed OR take the package off your hands at whatever rate. (/ end thread hijack )

In other news, yes--- but most people I know of who've had babies don't have time to grease them up and paint on their face. The picture is rather hilarious given the "back story". It's highly unlikely and illogical given the circumstances, nevermind the hooker-ific style stuff showcased.

Your floozy comment is generally why my wife grumbles about it, but also why I get in trouble when I mock as well--- alas! It's lose-lose!

To settle this, the only way we will know it's her is if we see her tits with the writing of "CheapAssGamer" on them and CheapyD's face on one of her shirts.
Anyways I don't think she'll be back on CAG

This is the greatest topic ever. It had doubt. Then defenses. Then the best picture I've seen in the past 4 months. 5.... 6? ....9. >_> And a half. Which I'm saving to photobucket because I need it when I'm going to tell this story to others(which I've already started to do). Anyway, then it had accusations! And Lil Jon. Then Gwen comes to the rescue... Though it would have been better if we had a cat fight over the topic. But from the short time I've been here, I've noticed Gwen seems to be too level headed to do that. :( And now we have come to the end and it seems that we have found out it was all a scam. If this topic were made into a movie, I'd definitely watch it. Not a real feature film though.... more like a movie for cable tv.

Now this brings me to the question.... Does CAG have a topic purge for inactive topics? Because this just can NOT be eaten by a hungry purge monster.

This is all so freaking wierd. If she was scamming I have no idea why she'd bother to come in here and defend herself, unless she was simply trying to buy more time before she got shut down. If that were the case I'd expect her to make a flurry of posts and then disappear. Oh, wait... #-o

[quote name='Ubivin']lol my apologizes Gwen, I ususally assume everyone is a guy especially on a games forum unless it's blatantly obvious.[/quote]

girls name + girl avy not obvious? ;)

[quote name='Chronis']This is the greatest topic ever. It had doubt. Then defenses. Then the best picture I've seen in the past 4 months. 5.... 6? ....9. >_> And a half. Which I'm saving to photobucket because I need it when I'm going to tell this story to others(which I've already started to do). Anyway, then it had accusations! And Lil Jon. Then Gwen comes to the rescue... Though it would have been better if we had a cat fight over the topic. But from the short time I've been here, I've noticed Gwen seems to be too level headed to do that. :( And now we have come to the end and it seems that we have found out it was all a scam. If this topic were made into a movie, I'd definitely watch it. Not a real feature film though.... more like a movie for cable tv.

Now this brings me to the question.... Does CAG have a topic purge for inactive topics? Because this just can NOT be eaten by a hungry purge monster.[/quote]

/agree

CAG needs a "Best of" section or something. This would be a good start. Just make it a Trading and/or Auction child forum!

Well I was bored at work and it seems that heather is her real name... she has quite the myspace fetish:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=123125637

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=68123197

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=152129382

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=152128140

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=91974146

Theres lots of pics of her on one including a bikini (to the gent who wanted to see more)... also a pic of the man behind the camera (same guy shown on all of the sites with pics... note the one where he is playing the 360...)

[quote name='drfunk85']File a claim with paypal immediately, but then contact her and let her know that you filed a claim for your protection, and if she refunds your money or gives you a code for the full amount you will withdraw the claim and leave her a neutral instead of a negative.

I find her listing practices to be pretty questionable. Putting up a picture of yourself? Why do you do that? Oh right, because you are a cute girl and your auction item is geared towards geeky 16-24 year old males. My bet is she really is a 35 year old dude.

However, she does have a LOT of positive feedback on these, so maybe it was just a mistake on her part getting a card that wasnt activated. Under no circumstance would I leave a positive, but if she fixes it quickly, I would leave a neutral saying "she fixed it, but I would beware before leaving her more positive feedback to check the date it expires"[/quote]
I check those feedback and who ever leaves neutral she leave negative on them
just dont leave feedback at all

[quote name='Chronis']Though it would have been better if we had a cat fight over the topic. But from the short time I've been here, I've noticed Gwen seems to be too level headed to do that. :( [/quote]I've said before, the level head is not my fault. I was dropped two floors onto a tile floor as a child. We've tried plastic surgery, but it made no difference. :lol:

And I've never been in a cat fight in my life. Is this something I should look into? I'm just not terribly agressive, and I really don't like confrontations. =\

Now this brings me to the question.... Does CAG have a topic purge for inactive topics? Because this just can NOT be eaten by a hungry purge monster.
No worries. Once in a great while Cheapy will go to clear out ancient threads to clear out the server a bit, but when he does he asks for any older threads that ought to be saved for posterity.

[quote name='guinaevere']And I've never been in a cat fight in my life. Is this something I should look into?[/quote]

Yes, definitely. :p

And the motorboat pic = WIN!

Alright hewres the deal. WHen i bought the acount it said it was going to expire 8/2007. I just checked it and now it says its going to expire 9/2007. It looks like it renews itself every month.... odd

[quote name='hledford87']
4xw0qc8.jpg

Anything else?[/quote]

I'm a bit late to this party just heard bout this in the Buy.com live card thread......

HEATHER KICKS ASS TOOOOOOO DAMN FUNNY! :applause:

[quote name='talem84']Alright hewres the deal. WHen i bought the acount it said it was going to expire 8/2007. I just checked it and now it says its going to expire 9/2007. It looks like it renews itself every month.... odd[/quote]

I have to wonder how many times she signed up for an account... it seems a lot of people signed up on 8/27/07... thats a dedicated troll if ya ask my opinion

[quote name='talem84']Alright hewres the deal. WHen i bought the acount it said it was going to expire 8/2007. I just checked it and now it says its going to expire 9/2007. It looks like it renews itself every month.... odd[/quote]

this makes no sence at all. i just recently bought a 12+1 month free card at the store. and when i entered it in guess what happen they gave me the 13 months. and it should my account was going to expire 13 months after not no one month shit.
Your probably just that ebayer scammer making new accounts. we should all report ebayer on this scammer and she should get arrested and raped in prison.

[quote name='lilchubz11']this makes no sence at all. i just recently bought a 12+1 month free card at the store. and when i entered it in guess what happen they gave me the 13 months. and it should my account was going to expire 13 months after not no one month shit.
Your probably just that ebayer scammer making new accounts. we should all report ebayer on this scammer and she should get arrested and raped in prison.[/quote]

That user is the ebay scammer. 3 accounts with posts that only occur in this discussion all about how it is a good card. The 13 month card does add 13 months under your account status it does not do month by month (how the hell would they even write a program to figure that one out if they did)

[quote name='duckydan']I have to wonder how many times she signed up for an account... it seems a lot of people signed up on 8/27/07... thats a dedicated troll if ya ask my opinion[/quote]

you know i was trying ot help you guys out here. You smart people should have just gotten a mod to confirm where the ips where and then that would conclude that iam not he but whatever. Im glad 42 year old men with 12 year old minds still stick around in these forums. Maybe she is a Scammer . Maybe she isnt? you guys wont know untill you get a card form her. RIght now it didnt expire for me yet. Iam wasting my time here trying to be mature and explain to you whats going on. I did in fact purchase a card from her. I did come to this forum after and read about whats going on. GOt my money back and am just watching whats going on with the acount.

Heres her AIM name : CutieH1088

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back