Did I just fall victim to this Xbox live card scam?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='talem84']you know i was trying ot help you guys out here. You smart people should have just gotten a mod to confirm where the ips where and then that would conclude that iam not he but whatever. Im glad 42 year old men with 12 year old minds still stick around in these forums. Maybe she is a Scammer . Maybe she isnt? you guys wont know untill you get a card form her. RIght now it didnt expire for me yet. Iam wasting my time here trying to be mature and explain to you whats going on. I did in fact purchase a card from her. I did come to this forum after and read about whats going on. GOt my money back and am just watching whats going on with the acount.

Heres her AIM name : CutieH1088[/quote]

First, her AIM name is in her ebay profile, not that it does much as once you purchase a card there is no paypal recourse for digital delivery fraud and nobody can prove the cards are fake. That said the only way your card will upgrade month by month is if you pay microsoft the $7.95 for the monthly plan. Also you can hide your ip address when registering for sites or use different ips. (Sign into AOL and log on with your dsl or cable account, your IP has changed every time you do it.) When you purchase a 12+1 card it shows 13 months immediately.

I guessed I'd just weigh in on all this too...

I recently purchased one of these "only for NEW accounts" cards, but not from "Juggs" (it was also $20 though). I bought it in early August, but I can't remember exactly when I signed up, but I think it was maybe on 08/11 or something very close. I too had the stupid beginning and end dates of August of 2007, and then that changed to ending in September of 2007 yesterday. I figure, assuming it's a scam, it does that because it still has 11 or so days it owes me to total up to a month.

I sent out messages to four other ebayers who had also bought one of these cards from the same guy more than a month ago (farthest back was somebody who purchased one on 06/29), and two have responded. They both told me their's still works.

I figured I'd just add my 2 cents on this whole thing. I'd assume in a little over a week my "scam" subscription should be due to run out, so if people are still curious I'll let you know if it's still going or not.

[quote name='thedarklordxenu']I guessed I'd just weigh in on all this too...

I recently purchased one of these "only for NEW accounts" cards, but not from "Juggs" (it was also $20 though). I bought it in early August, but I can't remember exactly when I signed up, but I think it was maybe on 08/11 or something very close. I too had the stupid beginning and end dates of August of 2007, and then that changed to ending in September of 2007 yesterday. I figure, assuming it's a scam, it does that because it still has 11 or so days it owes me to total up to a month.

I sent out messages to four other ebayers who had also bought one of these cards from the same guy more than a month ago (farthest back was somebody who purchased one on 06/29), and two have responded. They both told me their's still works.

I figured I'd just add my 2 cents on this whole thing. I'd assume in a little over a week my "scam" subscription should be due to run out, so if people are still curious I'll let you know if it's still going or not.[/quote]

Just stop posting this crap already. You're not clever and you're not fooling us. Go make some more babies.

I have nothing to add, but it should be on the front page forever so that people can see the toilet paper/spoon pic.

Huh. I bought a 12+1 card from a reputable online website, and it gave me the 13 months right away. Why the fuck should it be different for all the surprise newbs or, for that matter, for any OTHER 12+1 month card?

You know how we could easily find out what it should be? Email Microsoft. See if their cards are ever designed to do this. If not, all the newbs are actually scammer associates who deserve to burn.

In fact, I think I will email their support about this. I'll post if I hear back.

[quote name='Rozz']Just stop posting this crap already. You're not clever and you're not fooling us. Go make some more babies.[/quote]
Sorry champ, I'm not that broad. I'm not trying to convince you of anything. At this point, I BELIEVE it's a fake, and assuming it is. If any of my friends asked if they should pick one of these up, I would say "HELL NO."

I registered at this website (this month) because I was poking around the internet looking for the Gamespot $10 off used game coupon, and then I noticed the blurb on the side of the front page giving a snippet of this thread. When I saw it I thought "Oh shit, I just bought one of those!" and read it (and found it hilarious).

To me, it's not that big a deal (at least money-wise), but believe you me I'll kick up a ruckus if this thing runs out. I don't know why nobody else is complaining, but I could really give two shits about my ebay account (I've bought, I don't know, three things off of there in my lifetime), so if some guy tries to neg-bomb me because I called him out, well, so what? I don't care about getting my money back, but I sure hope dude gets in some kind of hot water.

I think it's clear the guy in this pic is the scammer. The tramp is just his girlfriend he's using as a lure to attract more sales.

981919862_l.jpg

[quote name='Callandor']Huh. I bought a 12+1 card from a reputable online website, and it gave me the 13 months right away. Why the fuck should it be different for all the surprise newbs or, for that matter, for any OTHER 12+1 month card?

You know how we could easily find out what it should be? Email Microsoft. See if their cards are ever designed to do this. If not, all the newbs are actually scammer associates who deserve to burn.

In fact, I think I will email their support about this. I'll post if I hear back.[/quote]

I tried this already, but MS doesn't really answer emails anymore. They just reply with preselected answers so when you ask something like this, they give you an answer that does not pertain to the question.

[quote name='Patrick Bateman']I tried this already, but MS doesn't really answer emails anymore. They just reply with preselected answers so when you ask something like this, they give you an answer that does not pertain to the question.[/quote]

Then call them over and over

i'm puzzled about the codes that are working. MS denies the existence of new-account-only codes, but people are claiming it is working. i'm really just wondering if it is some loophole or whatever in the live sub system. if in which case it may or may not get cleaned up. or people are really ignorant about the system and really got conned into being billed monthly for live and not know it.

but you know, personally i wouldn't even give it a chance. i won a legit live card for probably even cheaper than for what some of the new-account-only codes go for. even free shipping to my door. i activated it, it shows the full 13-months on my account. \\:D/as much as i would like to test one of these new-account only things and fully expose it, school expenses is a really good reason to be even more of a cheapass.

[quote name='kaosz']i'm puzzled about the codes that are working. MS denies the existence of new-account-only codes, but people are claiming it is working. i'm really just wondering if it is some loophole or whatever in the live sub system. if in which case it may or may not get cleaned up. or people are really ignorant about the system and really got conned into being billed monthly for live and not know it.

but you know, personally i wouldn't even give it a chance. i won a legit live card for probably even cheaper than for what some of the new-account-only codes go for. even free shipping to my door. i activated it, it shows the full 13-months on my account. \\:D/as much as i would like to test one of these new-account only things and fully expose it, school expenses is a really good reason to be even more of a cheapass.[/quote]

In reality noone has or can confirm it works for anything except for the free month that is standard with a new account. Every "it worked for me" has been from the same IP address as the scammer and the accounts were all created within the same week.

Why doesn't someone ask major nelson to clear it up. Isn't he the live question guy? If it is some sort of loophole, it looks to be huge on ebay and I'm sure if it's not legit, they would be interested in knowing about it or at least clearing it up for everyone who is wondering.

[quote name='duckydan']In reality noone has or can confirm it works for anything except for the free month that is standard with a new account. Every "it worked for me" has been from the same IP address as the scammer and the accounts were all created within the same week.[/quote]

While I know all the Internet super-sleuths already know I'm one of the clones, I'm still curious to see what happens to my account come the 11th.

I've been wondering if the people saying their account still works (two people from Ebay did tell me their's are still going, but one of those said he never even uses XBL) just don't understand there's a baseline Silver membership. So when they're "12+1 month Gold Account" runs out, they think it still works because you can still log into XBL and do a bunch of stuff.

[quote name='thedarklordxenu']While I know all the Internet super-sleuths already know I'm one of the clones, I'm still curious to see what happens to my account come the 11th.

I've been wondering if the people saying their account still works (two people from Ebay did tell me their's are still going, but one of those said he never even uses XBL) just don't understand there's a baseline Silver membership. So when they're "12+1 month Gold Account" runs out, they think it still works because you can still log into XBL and do a bunch of stuff.[/quote]

Leave.

[quote name='thedarklordxenu']Suck my balls.[/quote]

C'mon, can't you at least bust out the fat jokes again?

[quote name='Rozz']C'mon, can't you at least bust out the fat jokes again?[/quote]

Let me ask you, E-Sherlock, how exactly do you KNOW I'm that broad (or one of her cohorts)?! Have you or anyone checked my IP? Do you know where I'm from? Do you see anywhere in my posts where I'm even backing her up? Or saying people should buy one of these stupid accounts?

Stop letting the Internet trick you into thinking you're smart.

[quote name='thedarklordxenu']Let me ask you, E-Sherlock, how exactly do you KNOW I'm that broad (or one of her cohorts)?! Have you or anyone checked my IP? Do you know where I'm from? Do you see anywhere in my posts where I'm even backing her up? Or saying people should buy one of these stupid accounts?

Stop letting the Internet trick you into thinking you're smart.[/quote]

The only posts you have made at this point are in this topic.

You're not the brightest bulb in the box, eh?

[quote name='Rozz']Join Date: 08-27-2007

The only posts you have made at this point are in this topic.

You're not the brightest bulb in the box, eh?
[/quote]
So that's all it takes? WOW! You have convinced "me" I'm not, in fact, "me"! Thanks for the heads-up!

i bought from this same seller about a month ago for the same type of item, i bought it recived my code and made a new acct and entered the code she gave me and it didn't work so i emailed her and within 5 min i got a new code that worked, so i got 13 months for 25 dollars, yeah i had to make a new acct which kinda sucked but it was a deal. i thought it might have been a scam also but it worked out well, she sold tons of these things

[quote name='hugamikey']i bought from this same seller about a month ago for the same type of item, i bought it recived my code and made a new acct and entered the code she gave me and it didn't work so i emailed her and within 5 min i got a new code that worked, so i got 13 months for 25 dollars, yeah i had to make a new acct which kinda sucked but it was a deal. i thought it might have been a scam also but it worked out well, she sold tons of these things[/quote]

Did you read the thread?

The scam is that you get something that *looks* like a perfectly valid 13-month account, but in actuality the account cancels out after only a month.

So don't hold your breath.

[quote name='Rozz']So many n00bs in one thread.[/QUOTE]

Every few days, another one appears.

And xenu, calm down. Consider our view of your noob status and posting record thus far. We have a right to be suspicious of you and anyone else who pops up and has only posted on this thread.

[quote name='Callandor']Every few days, another one appears.

And xenu, calm down. Consider our view of your noob status and posting record thus far. We have a right to be suspicious of you and anyone else who pops up and has only posted on this thread.[/quote]
Being suspicious is perfectly fine. In fact, I would EXPECT you all to be nothing short of suspicious. I'm not asking for anybody to out-in-out trust my words as gospel.

Rozz just felt the need to be super-bad E-hero and TELL me I'm a liar, therefore I defended myself. If he would have said something along the lines of "Sorry pal, you're new here and the situation is mad fishy, so I'm only taking what you say with a grain of salt" I would have understood that 100%. Instead, he went on the attack, so of course I did the same.

I mean honestly, look at my posts. Does it look like I'm trying to convince you guys of anything? What's the end game? What's my goal? Even if my XBL account turns out to work, I would still tell anybody I know to stay away from these "deals" as they're just too precarious.

Greatest. Thread. Of. All. Time. I just sat and read the whole damn thing. Pissed I missed the boobs, but ah well. And seriously, the pic of the spoon and the toiletpaper should be preserved somewhere on the site for all time. Is there a thread hall of fame? If not, there should be.

Normally I'd ask Rozz, xenu and the class to knock off the the idiotic bickering back and forth about who's really who. But after hledfords appearance here, the picture of his girlfriend with the spoon, and then the mini hledford clones this quickly spiraled down to the sort of thread where the arguements help to solidify any doubts a potential buyer may have had to the legitimacy of the 'deal.'

Once I'm completely back up and running, I'll take a look at IPs but masking/proxy/anon IPs are so easy, I may or may not find anything conclusive to that end. In the meantime, it makes for a highly entertaining read.

[quote name='Lou-Dawg']Anyone notice that the original seller has stopped putting cards up for sale on his girlfriend's ebay account? :applause:[/quote]Has he? If so that's great. Could it possibly be the report I forwarded to MS and the numberous CAG complaints to eBay about this scam?

guinaevere you whore stop trying to shut down legit people. just because your a fucking skank doesnt mean that you have to shut peoples ebay auctions down. i have chat w/ heather and shes nice and i buy cards from her. shes legit. check out her myspace. cant fake the pics. also, no 1s the same here. thats why we all have diff ip adresses. guinaevere your a EDITED as is every1 else who reported this. u fucking pansies go fuck urselves! esp. you tho guinavere for reporting me you whore!

[quote name='speedracer69']guinaevere you whore stop trying to shut down legit people. just because your a fucking skank doesnt mean that you have to shut peoples ebay auctions down. i have chat w/ heather and shes nice and i buy cards from her. shes legit. check out her myspace. cant fake the pics. also, no 1s the same here. thats why we all have diff ip adresses. guinaevere your a cunt as is every1 else who reported this. u fucking pansies go fuck urselves! esp. you tho guinavere for reporting me you whore![/quote]

My poor virgin ears.

Did you just admit to being the seller in your last sentence? Besides, how else would you know that all the newb accounts have different IP addys unless you made sure they did when you spoofed them?

[quote name='speedracer69']guinaevere you whore stop trying to shut down legit people. just because your a fucking skank doesnt mean that you have to shut peoples ebay auctions down. i have chat w/ heather and shes nice and i buy cards from her. shes legit. check out her myspace. cant fake the pics. also, no 1s the same here. thats why we all have diff ip adresses. guinaevere your a cunt as is every1 else who reported this. u fucking pansies go fuck urselves! esp. you tho guinavere for reporting me you whore![/quote]

Ahhh ha ha ha ha....

[quote name='speedracer69']guinaevere you whore stop trying to shut down legit people. just because your a fucking skank doesnt mean that you have to shut peoples ebay auctions down. i have chat w/ heather and shes nice and i buy cards from her. shes legit. check out her myspace. cant fake the pics. also, no 1s the same here. thats why we all have diff ip adresses. guinaevere your a cunt as is every1 else who reported this. u fucking pansies go fuck urselves! esp. you tho guinavere for reporting me you whore![/QUOTE]

:applause:

I gotta be lumped in with this guy? :whistle2:|

[quote name='speedracer69']guinaevere you whore stop trying to shut down legit people. just because your a fucking skank doesnt mean that you have to shut peoples ebay auctions down. i have chat w/ heather and shes nice and i buy cards from her. shes legit. check out her myspace. cant fake the pics. also, no 1s the same here. thats why we all have diff ip adresses. guinaevere your a cunt as is every1 else who reported this. u fucking pansies go fuck urselves! esp. you tho guinavere for reporting me you whore![/QUOTE]

:bomb:

Hey moron, don't you dare talk to Gwen that way. Damn, never wanted to beat on a poster as much as now... This fucking pisses me off, though it clears away all doubts as to this being a scam (or at least a trailer-trash seller you don't want to deal with in any case), so thanks for clearing that all up!

Yeah, the thing is, had Heather (or her boyfriend, most likely) not come in here throwing insults around people probably wouldn't have reported her (or his) auctions. I guess it actually had some sort of effect on their eBay sales according to speedracer69 (aka, Heather or her boyfriend). So kudos to the people who did that!

The toiler paper/spoon pic was a classic, but you spiraled down the toilet pretty quickly after that. Next time, quit while you are ahead. Lesson learned I suppose...

[quote name='Noodle Pirate!']My poor virgin ears.

Did you just admit to being the seller in your last sentence? Besides, how else would you know that all the newb accounts have different IP addys unless you made sure they did when you spoofed them?[/QUOTE]

PWNED! Heather, you {insert expletives}, you got pwned!!!

Sorry, but after "speedracer69"'s little tirade against Gwen, I see to reason to cuss here. Heather did enough of that for all of us.

And xenu, I choose to accept you as legit unless real evidence comes up to the contrary.

[quote name='speedracer69']guinaevere you whore stop trying to shut down legit people.[/quote]Not trying anything. Reported suspicious activities regarding cards that MS never created (ask xboxlive team, they'll tell you there are NO 12+1 cards for new accounts only). If the auctions are/were legit, you clearly have no cause for alarm.

guinaevere your a EDITED
I edited that as it doesn't quite follow CAGs pg13 TOS. I'm sure you won't mind.

as is every1 else who reported this. u fucking pansies go fuck urselves!
You have a problem with me, take it to me. No reason to try and bring others into the mix.

[quote name='speedracer69']your all just jealous. lol.[/quote] :rofl: Wow. What a zinger. To quote one of your earlier posts: [quote name='hledford87']am I talking to little kids here[/quote]

[quote name='Noodle Pirate!']Did you just admit to being the seller in your last sentence? Besides, how else would you know that all the newb accounts have different IP addys unless you made sure they did when you spoofed them?[/quote]Nice catch Noodles.

[quote name='mr ryles']:applause:[/quote]awww... I'm sensing absolutely no love from you, ryles. And just when I found a sweet little summer cottage for us.

[quote name='thedarklordxenu']I gotta be lumped in with this guy? :whistle2:|[/quote]Not at the moment.

[quote name='io']Damn, never wanted to beat on a poster as much as now... [/quote]No worries, io. I've been on gaming forums and newsgroups for a long time now. Been a while since I ran into one, but idiots like this are nothing new. Though I don't recall a guy ever accidentally exposing his own little scam charade. I gotta give him props for that.

Everytime I think this tread is dead it gets revived with better action then before. That said, as someone suggested contacting Major about the cards I tried but no response other than an automated one stating Xbox Live policies... which are exactly the same thing as posted that your expiration date appears in the account section.

My account expires 4/4/2009.

Combination of my brothers old 3 month card, getting a 12 month kit for the price of 3 month when I was still employed at EB because it was without a box, with a 3 month sticker on it, and this was the week after inventory, finding a bunch of original 3 month kits at TRU for $5, jacking a free month code from a used Live Unplugged, using my own month code from a new copy of Live Unplugged, and using one month codes when I bought Shadowrun & Halo 2 PC. I've had my account (and 360) since December.

Paid roughly $50 for 2 and a half years worth. Anyone who buys subscriptions on eBay (for anything really, not just Xbox Live) deserve to be screwed. Makes me laugh when I see 2000 Wii Points on eBay for $25.

[quote name='Callandor']PWNED! Heather, you {insert expletives}, you got pwned!!!

Sorry, but after "speedracer69"'s little tirade against Gwen, I see to reason to cuss here. Heather did enough of that for all of us.

And xenu, I choose to accept you as legit unless real evidence comes up to the contrary.[/quote]

The problem with Xenu is that everytime he/she bothers to log onto this site, he/she only posts or views this thread. Plus, they registered the same day every other fake troll did. I don't like to accuse someone of something, but this seems too fishy to me. I mean, if you registered, would you only post and view one thread?

ok sorry. im actually a nice guy + not the seller and no im not xenu. we have diff ip adresses actually we all do. im sorry for the insults. im actually a nice guy! also the cards arent scams every year its time 2 renew my xbl i buy it from her. shes very nice speak to her on aim sometime.

[quote name='io']:bomb:

Hey moron, don't you dare talk to Gwen that way. Damn, never wanted to beat on a poster as much as now... This fucking pisses me off, though it clears away all doubts as to this being a scam (or at least a trailer-trash seller you don't want to deal with in any case), so thanks for clearing that all up![/quote] if u would lay a finger on me id slug u in the gut then punch u right in ur fuckin mouth

[quote name='speedracer69']ok sorry. im actually a nice guy + not the seller and no im not xenu. we have diff ip adresses actually we all do. im sorry for the insults. im actually a nice guy! also the cards arent scams every year its time 2 renew my xbl i buy it from her. shes very nice speak to her on aim sometime.[/quote]

Damn this reminds me I need to extend my live subscription...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back