Did I miss the thread on NFS: Carbon? How is it?

simplygriff

CAGiversary!
Is it any good? I haven't seen a single review or anyone talking about it other than a couple people here mentioning they got it. How's the control? Can you use the steering wheel attachment thingy with it? I want a driving game but I don't like SUV's so excite truck is kinda out for me. This was the next best choice.
-G

i have only heard that the pc version is lame. not as good as most wanted or any other nfs games for that matter.

T. Foolery

I've got it, and I've played it for about half an hour. Only reason why it's been so little is because I've been trying to choose the control scheme and the sensitivity that I like the best.

You have the ability to choose between 4 or 5 different control schemes, from one similar to Excite Truck to one using both the nunchuk and the remote.

I'll post more once I've gotten through the game a bit more.

Does it look like Underground? What I mean is, does it have a lot of night racing with that particular graphical style?

Speaking of racing games, does anyone know if the Wii is getting a sim? Sony has Gran Turismo, MS has Forza Motorsport...I hear GT Pro Series is shit.

[quote name='rickonker']Does it look like Underground? What I mean is, does it have a lot of night racing with that particular graphical style?

Speaking of racing games, does anyone know if the Wii is getting a sim? Sony has Gran Turismo, MS has Forza Motorsport...I hear GT Pro Series is shit.[/quote]I only have the 360 version, but aside from controls, I'm assuming it's the same game, save for the lesser graphics. That said, NFSC is styled a lot more to that of NFSU. Every race is in the nighttime. There are areas where there's lots of lights and neon. Another territory is more industrial akin to NFSMW, but on the whole the game is visually a lot less grungy and industrial than the previous NFS game.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']I only have the 360 version, but aside from controls, I'm assuming it's the same game, save for the lesser graphics. That said, NFSC is styled a lot more to that of NFSU. Every race is in the nighttime. There are areas where there's lots of lights and neon. Another territory is more industrial akin to NFSMW, but on the whole the game is visually a lot less grungy and industrial than the previous NFS game.[/QUOTE]

Sounds good to me, I kind of liked the NFSU style. If the reviews are good I think I might pick this up.

I played it on 360 and I found it to have no distinguishing qualities. It feels like every other racer around. I imagine the Wii version only differs in control and graphics.

[quote name='j_factor']I played it on 360 and I found it to have no distinguishing qualities. It feels like every other racer around. I imagine the Wii version only differs in control and graphics.[/quote]The canyon races are actually pretty exciting. It's a mix between the NFS controls (minus Speedbreaker and nitrous, which is good) and Tokyo Extreme Racer's duels.

[quote name='j_factor']I played it on 360 and I found it to have no distinguishing qualities. It feels like every other racer around. I imagine the Wii version only differs in control and graphics.[/QUOTE]

Those are the parts I'm wanting to know about. :D

Has anyone seen any reviews of the Wii version anywhere?
-G

I saw screenshots for the different control setups which might be nice to try, but other than that I haven't seen much.

I bought this game on a whim and ended up hating it, mainly because the whole illegal street racing theme is getting old in my opinion. For that reason, I had a hard time getting past the learning curve for the controls (in spite of the customizable settings I never did fine a configuration I liked) and the disappointing graphics. (The framerate stutters and the textures has a muddy look. Underground 1 on Xbox looks better, in my opinion).

Of course, if you're still into the whole Fast and the Furious thing then you might be able to give this game a chance, but it wasn't for me. The cutscenes had me groaning.

bread's done
Back