Did I screw myself???? (Deactivating PSN via SonySupport)

zenithyoda

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
I called the Sony customer support line, and tried to get my systems deactivated.

My account was stolen, and the other 3 shares are with friends of friends who I can't seem to contact (been trying for months).

I made up a bs story about how I sold my ps3 and forgot to deactivate it, but accidentally let it slip that I shared with friends. They guy on the phone was a moron, but he said I would have to get one of them to deactivate it.

Now, if I call back, will they have that in my file? I really wanna get my account back so I can share it here and recoop some of they money that I spent on the account.

Have you guys ever sucessfully gotten Sony to deactivate all your accounts? How did you do it?

Thanks!!

They won't just deactivate it for you if you forgot to deactivate. They will say it's your resposbility. What you have to do to get them to deactivate it for you is tell them you gameshared and got scammed. They will deactivate your account but you will take penalty of being banned for a couple or week or so.

I agree with saying that the account was hacked. Now, as far as whether they have your statement on file or not depends on the csr.

Hmmm..... I will think about it this weekend and call them Monday morning telling them my account was hacked. and if they still have my old story on record, I will say I was embarrassed or something.

If you have all the details for the account, DOB, answer to secret question, original name & address and you knowyour original system info (id - serial # etc) you should be able to tell them it got hacked/stolen someone changed it and took stuff and ask them to reset it if they can

Hmm... I actually got 1 one of my gameshares back, but would like the other 3 as well. I will be calling them over the next few days when I get some time and let you all know what happened.

bread's done
Back