Did the January Update Brick your 360?

Milkyman

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I'm kind of nervous about turning on my 360 right now, i keep coming across people who's systems have been bricked. As far as I know MS doesn't seem to "fix" their system patches so people who update later wont brick. It seems like they just go "Go ahead and update, if it bricks call 1800 4my xbox" rather than fix whatever is causing them to brick in the first place. Please vote in the poll.

nope

ah the joys of the internet....one story about a bricked system that was probably not caused by the patch and then people go crazy saying not to update or else.....

Mine is still chugging along just fine.

[quote name='tholly']

ah the joys of the internet....one story about a bricked system that was probably not caused by the patch and then people go crazy saying not to update or else.....[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way with the intercooler. 4 people say it "blew" up their system now everyone doesn't like what has been to me one of the greatest accessory.

[quote name='CitizenB']Mine is still chugging along just fine.

I feel the same way with the intercooler. 4 people say it "blew" up their system now everyone doesn't like what has been to me one of the greatest accessory.[/QUOTE]

i had an intercooler and returned it after 10 minutes of use....but for different reasons....i was just way too noisy for me...i know the 360 is loud, but with that on, it sounded like an airplane, so i got some store credit and used it towards a wii game.....

[quote name='tholly']
ah the joys of the internet....one story about a bricked system that was probably not caused by the patch and then people go crazy saying not to update or else.....[/quote]

QFT. The guys problem sounded strictly like a hard drive failure and probably has very little to do with the update. He can still boot up the system if he takes the drive off as far as I remember.

[quote name='mtxbass1']QFT. The guys problem sounded strictly like a hard drive failure and probably has very little to do with the update. He can still boot up the system if he takes the drive off as far as I remember.[/QUOTE]
How would a firmware update mess up a HDD?

I hate reading these posts about updates bricking 360s, and this is from someone that had a firmware brick my 360. If the firmware bricks your system it will send an error after the system reboots after firmware update. You will never be able the get past the splash screen before the error code pops up. A firmware brick is all or nothing and it won't give you the 3 red lights but it will give you one red light.

Hahaha, it looks like you're just the one person, sucks man. Maybe you'll find a $20 on the floor or something to make up for it...

Mine is working fine, No problems after the update. Seriously, How can a software update make a system explode?

Worked fine here.

I think if the power went out while it was installing the update you could get hosed that way.

nothing got broken but I had to reboot a couple of times and reset my vga output because the video got all wonky

bread's done
Back