Did the VITA ruin the 3DS for you?

jkam

CAGiversary!
Feedback
260 (100%)
I hope this doesn't start a flame war as it's not meant to. This is really strictly about the hardware and the menus on each system.

Since I've had my VITA I've noticed even more that the 3DS feels cheap and flimsy. I never felt that way with the DS, DSi, or XL. The VITA just feels way more solid in my hands. The screen size, brightness, and clarity is also a big plus for me on the VITA. I know the 3DS is 3D but...the screen is much more dim...even more so than the DSi (different tech I know) but it's hard not to notice.

The menu system. Although both need work in general usage I can't get over the slowness of the 3DS menus especially when compared to how fast the VITA works. Has anyone else noticed this or felt this?

I bought both systems within a few days of launch and I'm glad I own both of them, but I've clocked around 200 hours on the 3DS and probably 10 or so hours on the Vita.

The biggest reason I have put so much more time into the 3DS is that there are a lot of 3DS games that appeal to me and not so many for the Vita.

Both systems have their pros and cons, but so far I've gotten a lot more enjoyment out of the 3DS.

I bought both around launch and while I like the 3DS it doesn't serve any purpose for me other then playing games. Consdering there are quite a few I enjoyed that may sound like a compliment but what I mean is the browser is horrible and the screen is too small to make it useful for much else.

The vita is a much more well rounded machine and I'm confident that once it's been around as long as the 3DS its library will be much more appealing to the masses (it's already good enough for me).

[quote name='pippin']

Both systems have their pros and cons, but so far I've gotten a lot more enjoyment out of the 3DS.[/QUOTE]

After Gravity rush I have nothing to look forward to until AC3 in October. I dont even play my 3ds that much, but it still gets more playtime out of me. Nothing on Vita has really hooked me in yet. As soon as the PS1 support kicks in then I will be all over my vita, with my PS1 games.

Personally I would buy a system made entirely of horseshit with a napalm screen with 5x7 pixel resolution if I could play a Disgaea game on it. :) So, never had any interest in 3DS.

Ever since I purchased and used my Vita since launch, the 3DS does feel cheap. Not just physically but more importantly the systems' capabilities and operating system. I do enjoy how easy it is to message and add friends on PSN and the whole party chat thing is cool too. That and the Vita is an awesome mp4 device as well. It's also really easy to download music, videos, and images from the browser. Then there's the super sensitive touch screen which makes a variety of tasks so much easier to accomplish. I prefer the hardware and system software over the 3DS and the Vita is already miles better than the PSP.

Of course I still love the 3DS and think it's Nintendo's best handheld yet. The 3D is awesome to me and a reason I became so interested with the system ever since it was announced. There are plenty of excellent games to choose from and that's what really makes a portable game system worth owning right? Vita's library is slowly but surely expanding into something that looks great and I can't wait to see more games announced for this thing. So, I'm proudly rocking a 3DS and Vita combo much like when I used to own a DS Lite and PSP Slim a few years back. I want the best of both worlds.

[quote name='Gamehead']After Gravity rush I have nothing to look forward to until AC3 in October. I dont even play my 3ds that much, but it still gets more playtime out of me. Nothing on Vita has really hooked me in yet. As soon as the PS1 support kicks in then I will be all over my vita, with my PS1 games.[/QUOTE]That the biggest issue Sony needed to have at least 3 1st party titles from their big guns. UC, GOW, a better FPS that Unit 13, MGS that wasn't already released...Even if they just had a monster hunter game or monster hunter collection LE bundle would've carried the Japan market for months. Not having cross play on alot of games has hurt too.

But more OT,
the system "feels" great I would've purchased it already since I have tons of credit but the lack of titles has put me in wait mode for a better deal/offer and/or LE console bundle. Would love to get a unique color-GOW theme would fit in since I have both PSP versions already but blue would be good too.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I don't think I've turned my 3DS on since I've got my Vita. I'm actually plannin on sellin it.[/QUOTE]

Same here, although I'm more stubborn and will hold on to it. I will probably give it to my son once he's old enough. No way he's getting my Vita. :lol:

[quote name='pob14']Personally I would buy a system made entirely of horseshit with a napalm screen with 5x7 pixel resolution if I could play a Disgaea game on it. :) So, never had any interest in 3DS.[/QUOTE]

It would be so fucking awesome if they released Afternoon of Darkness for the Vita. They'll probably eventually put d4 out, but Laharl and co's game is still my favorite yet. D3 on Vita is perfect.

[quote name='jkam']I hope this doesn't start a flame war as it's not meant to. This is really strictly about the hardware and the menus on each system.

Since I've had my VITA I've noticed even more that the 3DS feels cheap and flimsy. I never felt that way with the DS, DSi, or XL. The VITA just feels way more solid in my hands. The screen size, brightness, and clarity is also a big plus for me on the VITA. I know the 3DS is 3D but...the screen is much more dim...even more so than the DSi (different tech I know) but it's hard not to notice.

The menu system. Although both need work in general usage I can't get over the slowness of the 3DS menus especially when compared to how fast the VITA works. Has anyone else noticed this or felt this?[/QUOTE]

I would say no. Both are fun. I really like the 3D in the 3DS but the OLED screen is pretty awesome on FPS on the Vita. So imo they both fill a nitch

Vita is definitely a better made, better feeling, better looking, and more powerful system but it doesn't have any games people really want. I sold mine but will probably pick one up if they ever drop the price $50 and include some memory.

I just like the 3DS because I can still play the few DS games I liked, it's got Mario, and Luigis Mansion should be coming this year sometime.

can't comment since i don't own a 3DS but i will say that when i hold my Vita and examine it, i understand why it costs so much.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Vita is definitely a better made, better feeling, better looking, and more powerful system but it doesn't have any games people really want. I sold mine but will probably pick one up if they ever drop the price $50 and include some memory.

I just like the 3DS because I can still play the few DS games I liked, it's got Mario, and Luigis Mansion should be coming this year sometime.[/QUOTE]

Well with the recent offer of $50 credit/gift cards from Amazon and other retailers, you basically already have the $50 price drop . . . so you're holding out because of a $20 memory card? Memory card prices are dropping as well, you can easily get by with a 4gb though until they drop lower, if you don't intend on buying a lot of downloadable games.

bread's done
Back