Did you get any non-gamers to play your Wii?

My mom sat down the night I got it and not only made a Mii for herself, but also played a bit of bowling. She seemed to be really having fun with it.

I have only once gotten her to game before, and that was when my sister came over to try out my DDR pads and borrow one of the games. She didn't like DDR because she couldn't keep up with it, sadly, but she had fun trying.

I seriously think that Wii Sports is the only game that is made for the "Non-Gamer" appeal. Yes, lots of these games like Monkey Ball and Rayman have simple mini-games or just simple motions.. but it's Wii Sports that is more realistic then simple. Everyone is familiar with a tennis racket (whether you played tennis or not) then say squirting carrot juice in a bunnies mask.

My dad really likes golf on Wii Sports... my mom hasn't tried any games on it yet, but yeah... the system does seem to appeal to people outside the core market... which is amazing.

My Mom (turning 60 in a few month) had the family over for dinner got my mom to play Wii sports bowling and tennis with my nieces and my brother she did pretty well bowling had a hard time with tennis, but everyone had fun.

Yup, and they've loved it.

Not much of a limb to go out on, but I'd say Nintendo very well may be BACK.

I can't remember the last time things have looked this rosy in my eyes as a gamer having fun, and watching non-gamers enjoy the gaming experience.

With more and more software that reaches out to EVERYONE - stuff EVERYONE can enjoy (you, me, our parents, our neighbors, etc) - gaming will be headed in the right direction.

Love it.

I tried all the sports games with my dad, and all he did was mess around because i dont think he wanted to look silly. I dont think he really liked any of them.

Got my dad, who hasnt liked video games since the Genesis, playing Bowling and Golf, and loving it.

Got my friend, who has a PS2 solely for the DVD player, hooked on Wii Tennis and Excite Truck

My mom played some bowling the other day and she enjoyed it. I bet she'll play again at some point. My dad played some tennis but he had some problems at first (I think he was looking at the wrong character), but he got the hang of it in the second game and almost beat me. I doubt he'll play any more though, he just doesn't have time for videogames.

I got my older brother(age 26) to play and he seemed to have a great time with it. He has never really been into games. I also got a co-worker to get into Wii Tennis and he was also having the time of his life. He also is not a gamer. The Wii is definately a platform for everyone. I think its the fact that you don't need to know button combinations or be too familiar with controlers because its just so natural feeling. I mean, almost everyone knows the motion to swing a tennis racquet, so there really isn't that much of a learning curve when it comes to learning the controls. This is perfect for non-gamers and gamers alike.

[quote name='JOELPATRICK']I mean, almost everyone knows the motion to swing a tennis racquet, so there really isn't that much of a learning curve when it comes to learning the controls.[/quote]I had one guy over. It took a while to explain that you need to hit the ball with a backhand sometimes. At first he wouldn't do it and kept whiffing every ball that went on his left. Then he kept trying to switch hands. Also, he keeps pushing buttons while he plays.

I got my Wii on Saturday at midnight and brought it to my in-laws (who are big gamers) on Sunday afternoon. They all enjoyed Wii Sports, but since they are gamers, I expected that. What I didn't expect was that my brother-in-law and his girlfriend, who are both not into games at all, would be battling it out in boxing, baseball, and tennis.

They had a great time and I heard his girlfriend telling him that they should get one.

bread's done
Back