Did you score a Wii this morning?

To the people that got one at CC today, did you try the $40 off coupon? Does it still work? I am hoping to get a new digital camera today.

[quote name='Dhuk']To the people that got one at CC today, did you try the $40 off coupon? Does it still work? I am hoping to get a new digital camera today.[/quote]

I got two today. One from Target (1st in line and they got 51) and 4th at CC (they got 20). YES, the USPS CC $40 coupon works, got my Wii for $222. Now off to play with the wife and kids.

I wish I could have got one today, but I keep getting screwed because I don't buy things on Sunday. Which sucks because everytime one of these things happens it's always Sunday.

I hope some more show up this week to take advantage of the EB games $50 for Gamecube deal!

[quote name='tilcfast']I wish I could have got one today, but I keep getting screwed because I don't buy things on Sunday. Which sucks because everytime one of these things happens it's always Sunday.[/quote]

I guess it's time to start buying things on sunday :p

[quote name='Michaellvortega']I simply don't understand the problem with Nintendo making enough Wiimotes and nunchucks.[/QUOTE]

The ebb and flow is befuddling for sure. My area suffered through massive scarcity right after launch (took 3 weeks of constant scouring to find all I needed)... as soon as they'd show up, they'd sell. Now most big stores (BB, CC, Target) are totally cleaned out of all controllers again. TRU had a healthy shipment of Classics but only a handful of Wiimotes and nunchuks by the time I got there today at about 11:30.

I think one of the biggest mis-steps in the Wii launch was selling Wiimotes and nunchuks separately only. A bundle pack would've been nice.

Probably because just about everyone who buys a Wii is buying at least one controller. (646k remotes for 604k console sales in December for the Wii versus, for example, 823k controllers for 1.1 million 360 consoles sold in December)

[quote name='Michaellvortega']I simply don't understand the problem with Nintendo making enough Wiimotes and nunchucks.[/QUOTE]

No no - the real question is why they can't make enough POINTS CARDS. Like has been asked countless times, how hard is it to print up plastic cards?

RD

went to CC around 8.30, saw a long line of about 40+

decided to check out target just in case, but they were long gone when i got there.

decided to go back to CC [ arrived at around 8.45 ] and wait to see how many vouchers would be passed out knowing that they would be given out around 9 [ 1 hour before store opening ].

gave out vouchers at around 9.20, they only got 22.

mall was across the street with a gamestop inside, one of the guys i was talking to inline at CC said that they open at 10, thought i'd give it a shot.

got to gamestop, surprisingly short line [ i was # 8 ], 10 o'clock came around when i found out that they don't open till 11. thought about just going home cause i only had a 1 hr nap prior to leaving the house [ got home from a show at about 4.30 am this morn ]. but i decided to stick around. one of the workers showed up at around 10.15 and announced they had 18, at 10.30 gave out vouchers.

walked around the mall for 30 min, went back to GS, got my Wii, went home, ate some ceral, then back to bed.

WrestleCrap'sRD;2594863]No no - the real question is why they can't make enough POINTS CARDS. Like has been asked countless times said:
Strange thing is that one of my local WalMarts has remotes, nunchuks, and points cards in good supply.

This technology can't be that hard to produce.

SCORE! Got mine at BB this morning.

Got there at 5:30 and was the first one there. I was thinking they opened at 10:00 (as did alot of other people) when it was really 11:00, but everyone that showed up was polite and waited in their cars keeping warm, until at 9:00 the embargo was broken by a couple of guys that just walked up so we all bolted to stand outside the doors. I ended up #8 but didn't care as long as I got one.

By the time they opened there was 52 people in line, and they had 46 systems the manager said.

It wasn't bad at all--32 degrees out but I didn't freeze too bad until the last 20 or 30 minutes, and it was fun talking to all of the different people in line, quite a diverse group!

Congratulations to everyone that got one today!

Oh, and I already had another controller and nunchuck and Zelda from the CC sale, so I'm good on that, although I haven't played alot of Wii Sports or Zelda 'cos I wanted to watch the football games today. Total cost with GC's = $27.xx :D

[quote name='Michaellvortega']You can buy points from the console it self, so point cards are "pointless" IMO[/QUOTE]

A true cheapass knows the value of a GGC. So there is a point to buying the card. I can save $5 for every 2000 points I buy.

I got one at Best Buy this morning!:D Got there 1 1/2 before opening, and was 38/40 in line. Some little child was running around informing everyone of how many Wii's there were, employees walking out with one, and giving pieces of paper with a number on (As in, a slip of paper with a 38 written in pen on it.).

However, as soon as the door opened, they just let everyone run in and try and get one. There were 40 Wii's, and like 45 people.
Needless to say, I pushed and shoved my way into getting one.:D

Impressed that pretty much everybody was successful. Hope this doesn't mean the Wii's console sales are losing momentum though. It does sound like shipments are coming in large quantities now, so maybe supply is almost keeping up with demand now.

[quote name='ZForce915']A true cheapass knows the value of a GGC. So there is a point to buying the card. I can save $5 for every 2000 points I buy.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately I've not seen any GGC's at a local best buy in a good year.

I haven't looked lately though, haven't been buying enough games to bother.

[quote name='imacgod']Impressed that pretty much everybody was successful. Hope this doesn't mean the Wii's console sales are losing momentum though. It does sound like shipments are coming in large quantities now, so maybe supply is almost keeping up with demand now.[/QUOTE]

I'd say demand among those willing to camp/wait for a few hours is dying down as the holidays are over and the hardcore gamers are getting their Wiis.

It will continue to sell well, but another couple shipments and they should be on store shelves for at least a couple of days rather than selling out at opening to campers etc.

[quote name='dmaul1114']I'd say demand among those willing to camp/wait for a few hours is dying down as the holidays are over and the hardcore gamers are getting their Wiis.

It will continue to sell well, but another couple shipments and they should be on store shelves for at least a couple of days rather than selling out at opening to campers etc.[/quote]

Are you kidding me? Demand dying down? Have you not read the posts about being 38 out of 40 before the store opens? The stores in California going through 70 and 100 before the stores open? We are 2 months after launch and STILL huge lines before stores open. Demand is not dying down at all if this is still happening.

I would give it more than a couple shipments before you are able to find one sitting on shelves for a couple of days. Possibly in some remote locations, but if you are in the city or suburbs, don't count on that.

I find it so amazing that these things are STILL selling out so fast in mid-January, with people STILL camping out for them.

It was funny - I went by KMart today and they had a sign up that said something to the effect of "we don't even have any Wii systems to meet the ad (as in, we have zero), so don't bother."

The PS3 is so easy to get, by contrast, which adds to the amazement for me - people have said that the PS3 would be the dominant species. Now what?

Anyway, I'm just glad I sat on mine from MicroCenter - both of them. Got 'em both well before Christmas.

[quote name='AshesofWake']screw the wii, where the hell are all the ds lites :cry:[/QUOTE]

Shame on you for not having one months ago! :D

[quote name='schuerm26']Are you kidding me? Demand dying down? Have you not read the posts about being 38 out of 40 before the store opens? The stores in California going through 70 and 100 before the stores open? We are 2 months after launch and STILL huge lines before stores open. Demand is not dying down at all if this is still happening.

I would give it more than a couple shipments before you are able to find one sitting on shelves for a couple of days. Possibly in some remote locations, but if you are in the city or suburbs, don't count on that.[/QUOTE]

We'll see. With each shipment their will be fewer and fewer showing up as more and more people who are willing to wait are getting their systems with each shipment.

There were a lot more stories on here and other sites with people showing up right at opening and getting one this time than with the previous shipments. There will be even more next time (if they decide to hold for an ad again) and so on until they are on shelves for a while.

But the demand is impressive, especially with the games being pretty lackluster IMO (my Wii has gathered dust since finishing Zelda).

I posted this in the other thread about Wiis being availableat Target on the 21st, but I'll post it here as well..

I got 2 Wiis today, again. Drove around a few places after a meeting we had at work (which we gave out 51 vouchers like an hour before we opened) and just waited at an EB Games for a little over an hour. My friends met up with me so I could get 2. I sold one a few minutes after I got to someone at EB Games for $350 and the other one I brought back home.

1 Wii - $104.39 profit (craigslist)
1 Wii - gf's mom (at cost - she gave me $300, but I'm going to give her $30 back)
1 Wii - $58.81 profit (ebay)
1 Wii - $79.39 profit (at EB Games)
1 Wii - unopened; debating what to do with it

Total profit: $242.59

[quote name='oNeWiNgEdAnGeL']I posted this in the other thread about Wiis being availableat Target on the 21st, but I'll post it here as well..

I got 2 Wiis today, again. Drove around a few places after a meeting we had at work (which we gave out 51 vouchers like an hour before we opened) and just waited at an EB Games for a little over an hour. My friends met up with me so I could get 2. I sold one a few minutes after I got to someone at EB Games for $350 and the other one I brought back home.

1 Wii - $104.39 profit (craigslist)
1 Wii - gf's mom (at cost - she gave me $300, but I'm going to give her $30 back)
1 Wii - $58.81 profit (ebay)
1 Wii - $79.39 profit (at EB Games)
1 Wii - unopened; debating what to do with it

Total profit: $242.59[/QUOTE]

friends=mom

I know one of my friends had a $250 gift card for BB that his brother got him for Christmas because he couldn't find a Wii. I hope he was able to get one.

[quote name='zionoverfire']Now, now it could be his sister or a brother or possibly even his father.;)[/QUOTE]

Yeah but his mom is his "go-to" buyer, why would he mess with what's worked in the past?

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Yeah but his mom is his "go-to" buyer, why would he mess with what's worked in the past?[/quote]

True, True. I suppose once a mama's boy always a mama's boy.

[quote name='AshesofWake']screw the wii, where the hell are all the ds lites :cry:[/QUOTE]

Have you checked Costco? Mine had them about 1 1/2 weeks ago (a TON of all three colors). Thinking that maybe they sold quickly I checked it out today - they still had a ton of white, and several black ones (pink appeared to be gone). This is an area that is otherwise completely devoid of DS Lites (none at Target, Fred Meyer, CC, BB, etc for a while). Either Costco had a huge number, or for whatever reason people aren't looking there.

I definitely scored a Wii! I was even lucky enough to get a ticket for a second one, but this kid had doggy eyes I felt sorry for them so I gave them my second Wii ticket. There were 16 Wiis at my Circuit City (I was #12) and 51 Wiis at my Best Buy (I was #51) but I gave away the Best Buy ticket. So yeah. Score!

I talked to my friend who wanted one today and he was able to get one. He said that our local Best Buy had 70(!) Wiis and they were all sold out within 10 minutes of the store opening.

This was my story from Sunday...

I was going to head to CC and use the $40 off coupon but that was shot down thanks to all of the sites raping the "legit" coupon and getting it shut down. I wanted to go out this morning #1 because I had some errands to run before the Bears game and #2 just out of curiosity to see what the lines are like. We got about 4 inches of snow overnight so I was wondering how that would affect potential campers.

Last night I got an e-mail informing me that $30 in rewards certificates were ready for me to use. I also had about $100 in GC's. I decided I would try and snag a BB unit using the GC and reward zone credit then return my Target unit I bought a few weeks ago. I got to BB at 8:45AM and the parking lot was EMPTY. I was planning on going to BB then doing my errands afterwords but with nobody there I had time to get things done.

I ran across the street to Wally World, bought the groceries we needed, and headed back. I got back to BB at 9:20AM and there was one person waiting in their truck. I played EBA on the DS for about 20 minutes until two more cars pulled up and people started getting out. Walked up to the door and was 3rd in line.

By the time the doors were opened the line had grown to about 10. Went straight for the Wii section and grabbed a unit. They had gotten about 20 units and had 8 when I left.

Do BB employee's get paid bonuses for attach rates on consoles or something? They had two employees trying to cram Wii extras down customers' throats standing in the Wii isle "guarding" the systems... "What type of games do you like?" "Do you have an HDTV? You need component cables." "How bout a memory card?" (points to the storage & protection kit) "This is excellent. It protects your system and helps you organize it"

#32 of 36 systems available at the Marlborough, MA BestBuy. Sold out immediately. They opened at 11 am, i got there at 20 of.

Worked well - drove up to the door, got a ticket from the manager. Sat in my car while a bunch of wackos stood outside. Walked in when the doors opened, picked up zelda, proceeded to the checkout and now I have a wii.

yay. :)

I wonder how many of these things sold this weekend. And will this one day amount to the whole of Wii sales for the month of January?

I got one at Best Buy on the 21st. I woke up late and almost didn't stop, because the line was long. I didn't get there til' 10 am. I stood in line for 5 minutes and than the manager came out and handed out vouchers. Luckily I got one! Nobody left the line, even though the manager said we just have to be back at 11. It was a fun experience talking to everyone in line.

My wife played it last night and she loved golf and baseball. I've been trying to get her into gaming for years. She doesn't even play the DS. I hope she keeps playing the Wii!!!!!!!!!!!! I've always joked with her; that I would leave her for a gamer.

walked into target in monroe today and they had 5 so i brought all of them to sell on ebay for $3000 each...cag discount is free shipping;)

seriously though the target had 5 Wiis and i brought 1 as of 11:00 this morning...i was on the fence about getting one but since it was there in front of me with no waiting i figured what the hell:)

I purchased one on amazon today (direct from amazon, not a douche bag seller) for $258 shipped with 2-day air, no tax, no cold weather :) It sold out in about 20 minutes.

bread's done
Back