Die Hard Collection

moviewizguy

CAGiversary!
Well, as you all know, there's a misimprinted price on the Die Hard Collection in Best buy for $7.50. Well, I'm a freak of bonus features and those are just the 1-disc sets. For those of you who have the 2-disc sets, are they worth it? If not, I'll just match the price in Circuit City.

I've watched most of the bonus features via rentals(Hollywood video normally has the 2disc ones) and they are pretty lackluster like most older films.

Yes, I know that, which is the reason I said Best Buy mispriced it which is the reason I'll price match it on Circuit City.

I'm betting they release a super-duper box set when Live Free makes it to dvd. So you might wanna hold off until then.

i think this Die Hard Collection is similar to those we see over at Target and Wal-Mart. they have DVDs that have 2 or 3 movies in 1 disc and they are priced at $9.99 and $14.99 respectively.

this is kinda similar to that Steven Segal DVD that i bought weeks ago with 3 movies is just 1 disc and it cost like $14.99.

the one at best buy was priced at 50% off, just like the rest of those DVDs that were originally $14.99 movies.

I have the old Special Editions of both Die Hard 2 and Die with a Vengeance and don't think the special editions are that great, but I'm rarely a big fan of any special features. The new set does have a new "Yippee Ki Yay bonus disc" with all new bonus features that I haven't watched yet.

For videophiles that think the new sets will have either better or worse quality video, you're wrong. The new set have the exact first discs that were in the old sets. Either way $7.50 for all three movies and a ticket for Live Free or Die Hard (expires 7/21) is an excellent deal.

Couldnt get CC to price match. They looked at the BB site and saw the $34.99 price for the collection.

But they were confused....

[quote name='JokerCard']Couldnt get CC to price match. They looked at the BB site and saw the $34.99 price for the collection.

But they were confused....[/QUOTE]

Circuit City wouldn't price match for me either, but Best Buy honored the price.

Don't know about walmart, My BB Raleigh NC has a notice up in store saying it was a mistake in the ad. CC wouldn't PM me because she actually called the BB and it was out of stock there. Might try another CC later, how much success is everyone having and where at?

Best Buy would not honor the price for me even though they had no signs voiding its ad's price. I took the ad to Circuit City and got it price-matched there for $7.50.

[quote name='kosmos13x']will walmart price match this if i bring the ad in? Also how good is Best Buy honoring their own ad?[/quote]

Wal*Mart matched it for me.

[quote name='Jlong1002']Don't know about walmart, My BB Raleigh NC has a notice up in store saying it was a mistake in the ad. CC wouldn't PM me because she actually called the BB and it was out of stock there. Might try another CC later, how much success is everyone having and where at?[/quote]

We're listing lot's of success at CC & Wal*Mart.

Sears apparently thinks it's a new Tuesday release.

Thanks speedy, I'm gonna try another CC tomorrow. The cashier called the BB across the street today and said it wasn't in stock so they don't have to PM. I check online and the BB near the second CC has it in stock so hopefully my luck will be better tomorrow. Sick deal if I can get it.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Waiting for when Live free... comes out on DVd because you just know there'll be some super uber duper boxset of them all.[/QUOTE]

I can't imagine that they can add anything else to the 2 disc editions for the first three..... okay.... "Die Hard With A Vengence" could use a new transfer (way too much edge enhancement).

better hurry with those pricematching, guys!

one BB nearby has already posted the "price error"signs.

it came down to...each movie was actually $7.50 and not the boxset. :lol:

Is there anyone that could actually get this box set for me, i've tried at all my best buys and even got to the point of telling them even if it was a mistake that it clearly shows the Collection on top of other dvds. Hell the woman even told me i was stupid and there was no damn way she was going to sell it to me at that price. If you would get this for me i'd gladly pay 15 dollars for it. Thanks.

Evil, If I can get an extra one, I will certainly send it your way, but no promises. Like the thread suggests if you have a Circuit City or Walmart you might wanna try price matching. Best Buy caught on the day the ad came out, the other stores don't all know it was a mistake and that Best Buy isn't honoring it. Good Luck.

yes, try price matching. i just price matched today at CC. lady gave me funny look but I showed her the ad and the fine print that says "collection" on the box and she said, "well, ok." I told her that i thought a new box set would be out soon because of the new movie, that was why they were getting rid of it at such a good price, lol.

Anyone know if these are coming out on a HD medium at all? I'd love to add them to my collection and at $7.50 it'd be worth it for sure :) BUT if there's a hope of HD-DVD or BlueRay than I'll just wait it out a bit longer and go for that version of the films.

HD or blueray (depending on which company makes it but dont know the details) is a questionable thought. IMO my bets will be that it will have a hd or blueray collection of the 4 movies (when live free or die hard comes out) instead of the 3 movies released now. I think it would make more sense in doing that.

off topic but I heard/read a rumor that live free or die hard is actually the first part of another 3 movie series that the actors signed on for (die hard movies being the first 3 movie series if you know where Im getting at). Anyone else heard anything on this? I for one REALLY REALLY enjoying LForDH a lot when I saw it 2 weekends ago.

The end of the documentaries on the bonus disc says "coming soon to Blu-Ray" for the original trilogy.

I was able to get a pricematch at the Circuit City in Hagerstown, MD, thanks for the heads up OP! I don't regularly check the Best Buy deals, since the closest one to me is 30 miles away, but luckily for the Circuit City here they still pricematch to there. I didn't get the additional 10% off, but the girl at customer service didn't ask any questions, so fair trade (she did look closely at the ad a few times, lol). However, one thing to watch out for, when I got in the car and looked at the set more closely, I noticed the copy I had picked up had two copies of Die Hard 2 in it, and did not have the Yippie Ki Yay bonus disc. I went back in to exchange for another copy, and noticed there was at least one more like that before I picked up a copy with the correct discs in it.

PM'd this today at CC as well. $5.25 before tax is a sweet f'n deal!

I just checked out the movie cash and it expires this Saturday so snag this set this week with a PM soon so you can take advantage of it. For that price, if you use it you basically made money on this deal.

BTW guys, if you get turned away at Best Buy, make a complaint to the Better Business Bureau online at bbb.com. I did so for the 7.50 Pinky & The Brain set they wouldn't let me buy and and had advertised...got a gift card for the difference between 7.50 and the full retail price.

no luck here, CC went to BB's site and shot me down, and Wal-Mart has a totally different cover than the one in the ad

I scored 4 box set at CC for $5.25 each plus taxes. Also, get Donnie Brasco EX CUT version for $5. It rangup $15 but i show them the ad and they adjusted down $5. I'm very happy :)

I PM'd the die hard collection at CC just now, and they looked it up on bestbuy.com and I they were about to deny me when one of the managers there said "oh no, give him the sale because the man that comes in here every sunday did it on sunday."

So I got it for $5.25 plus tax LOL! :applause:

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Waiting for when Live free... comes out on DVd because you just know there'll be some super uber duper boxset of them all.[/quote]

They will most liekly release a 5th movie in 4-5 years, are you gonig to wait that long for an untra, huge, omega mega special collection edition fanboy set?

[quote name='Graystone']The new one is shit its just single disc with the movies only. The older set is better and its worth it IMO especially since you said your a fan of bonus stuff.

This is the older set which you can find on ebay for cheaper.
http://www.amazon.com/DIE-HARD-ULTIMATE-COLLECTION-MOVIE/dp/B00005K3LX/ref=pd_bbs_2/105-3750799-9073243?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1184560997&sr=8-2[/quote]

Thanks for the tip, just listed mine after seeing this post and it sold for $45 on Amazon. :D

I prob paid less than that when it first came out, and im trying to clear out for HD stuff

Picked up a set @ CC. I PM'd it. The 1st cahsier said it was a crazy deal, the second one just asked for the ad. :)

[quote name='Masterkyo']I scored 4 box set at CC for $5.25 each plus taxes. Also, get Donnie Brasco EX CUT version for $5. It rangup $15 but i show them the ad and they adjusted down $5. I'm very happy :)[/quote]

I almost copied you to a tee!
Picked up 2 sets of Die ($5.50 each) to get two movie tix and one Donnie XCut ($5!) and one Wii Cars for ($8 PMd the Microcenter ad!) What a night!
Thanks CAG! the staff member was great....:bouncy:

Oh, and I would trade one Die set for a Season or two of Roseanne! (all but Season one...)

I would just wait until the new die hard comes out. Im sure they will have the complete die hard collection with many features. Just a thought.

bread's done
Back