difference between rockband 1 vs 2 on the wii?

exar khun

CAG Veteran
Feedback
4 (100%)
what's the main difference in regards to the hardware (drums and guitar) between the new rockband 2 and the old rockband for wii system?
are both versions wireless? is the rockband2 equipments much more sturdier? aside from that, what else is the difference?
coz the current price difference between the 2 rockband versions is about $100 and i can use the extra $100 to buy another wireless guitar...

Given the choice, I'd get the Rock Band 2 bundle. It's well worth the 100 buck different, especially for the songs that come on the RB2 disc and all the extra features you'd get (online play, downloadable songs, character creator, 30 more songs than RB1, etc etc)

Both versions are wireless, but there's a few advantages to the RB2 kit. The guitar's frets are quieter and the strum bar doesn't have the "squish" feeling that the RB1 did. The drums have quieter pads and a metal-reinforced pedal.

Dunno about instrument quality since I never played either, but Rockband 2 is actually specced for the Wii as a toned down 360/PS3 version (and without optical audio support) whereas RB1 is merely a (passable) PS2 port. The PS2 version of RB2 is just that, the worst one.

Also from what I hear, there's support for RB1 songs for RB2 Wii, but I can't remember if it's on a separate disc or it's as download content.

Why not just buy the Rockband 1 with all the instruments and then just buy Rockband 2 disk itself. It would be cheaper and you'd have both?

bread's done
Back