Different files download at different speeds from PSN?

blitz6speed

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
I finally sold my last remaining phat ps3, so i slapped on 3.66 onto a slim ps3 today, and redid all my accounts and activations. Once i did, i queued everything up and let it download. I noticed that on a few games, the download would be PUTRID slow, im talking 10k/sec. Arcana Hearts 3 is one of them. If i just pause it and it moves onto the next item say SSF4 AE DLC or Calladoody map packs, its back to crazy fast again.

Does anyone know if certain games are on different servers? perhaps im just getting unlucky? I dont know how to explain it!

Disabling media server in settings helps with download speeds since it will no longer reserve that bandwidth for streaming.

I've noticed that doing a good ole pause-then-resume tends to kick things back up to full speed and especially if you have something else on the network sucking bandwidth during a PS3 download session.

Why everyone hasn't followed the peer-2-peer torrent model along with high speed servers is beyond me. It makes sense, it's faster than servers alone, and it's fucking free.

Well, i just unpaused the slow games and left it there, infamous, arcana hearts 3, mortal kombat 2 and hustle kings all installed in under 2 hours so i guess just leaving it there it actually went quick at some point. Very weird tho.

bread's done
Back