Dig Dug on XBLA ffor only 200 MS points

Thanks for the heads up! I loved this game as kid on atari. Just bought it. Is this the only game that people know of that dropped to 200?

Unless you are really into dig dug, I would recommend the Namco Museum Virtual Arcade instead. It includes the game, 2 other dig dug games and like 50 other Namco classics. Last seen on Amazon for 20 bucks.

[quote name='crazy blain']No, it's an easy 200.[/QUOTE]

Nope. Short Round was correct. The Achievement for digging out all the ground is quite challenging and possibly bugged (though I know some people have it).

I got the Namco Collection a few weeks back when it was on sale at Amazon for around $16. I agree it's a good deal if you want to get all those classic games and the achievement points as well in one package.

I had never seen this before. Anyway, I bought it in case MS jacks the price back up. All these old ports like Pac-Man and Rally X should be 200 points at the most.

[quote name='eastx']Nope. Short Round was correct. The Achievement for digging out all the ground is quite challenging and possibly bugged (though I know some people have it).[/QUOTE]

This is the bane of my existence I have tried this off and on since I got it. Which was the last time it was 200 points.

[quote name='eastx']Nope. Short Round was correct. The Achievement for digging out all the ground is quite challenging and possibly bugged (though I know some people have it).[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I tried to dig all the dirt but failed after about 10 tries. I really thought I had a shot at it.

i did it, i think the trick is doing it methodically, left to right then up to down. You even need to dig the pre dug tunnels.

Yeah, that last achievement is glitched but some people have been able to get it.

Personally, its glitched for me and I have done it perfectly 8 or more times.

[quote name='Logg']This is the bane of my existence I have tried this off and on since I got it. Which was the last time it was 200 points.[/QUOTE]

This. The dig everything out achievement refuses to unlock for me. Great game otherwise.

[quote name='freshzen']I'm half tempted to get the fantasy draft sports tracker for $1, now there is an easy full 200 points.[/quote]

Live Score Tracker is not an easy 200 points anymore. Many of the achievements are based on logging in during game days, and since the season is now over you must wait an entire year to get all 200 points. One of the achievements you could only get on ONE day of the entire year. If you missed it, you're S.O.L. - and you know what that means.

As for Dig Dug, I managed to get the Dig achievement on my 2nd try. The tip to die on the first level seemed to help me out.

Thanks for the post! I went ahead and got it. This was actually my first time playing this game and it's not that easy for me, lol.

[quote name='GunstarRed']One of the achievements you could only get on ONE day of the entire year. If you missed it, you're S.O.L. - and you know what that means. [/quote]

Haha, yes! "Above Average" Mike Sanders forever!
I still say that line way too much, and sadly (luckily) no one ever really knows what I'm talking about.

Oh, and DigDug is great, too. I think I'll wait 'til I can score the Namco collection for 20 again, though.

It's not bugged. When they say you need to dig everywhere, they include the tunnels that were there when the level began. You need to cover every inch of the screen yourself. When you go for this achievement, first go up and down all the tunnels, then work on clearing the dirt.

[quote name='eastx']Nope. Short Round was correct. The Achievement for digging out all the ground is quite challenging and possibly bugged (though I know some people have it).[/quote]

I remember i got that achievement on the 2nd or 3rd try. It wasn't hard at all and it wasn't bugged for me. Never played dig dug in my life but it was an easy 200

Dig Dug is fun (Mr. Do! is WAY better) but I'll be playing it on my arcade machine only - these types of games feel so weird to me any other way...

[quote name='nick_fazekas']Haha, yes! "Above Average" Mike Sanders forever!
I still say that line way too much, and sadly (luckily) no one ever really knows what I'm talking about.

[/quote]

go new blood!

[quote name='guyver2077']go new blood![/QUOTE]

Technically Sanders was never a member. He debuted on something other than WCW Worldwide and (at the time already gone) WCWSN in July/August (after they broke up the team of Sanders and Allan Funk -- The Re-Enforcers~!).

The team he was apart of (and where the phrase came from) was actually the NATURAL BORN THRILLERS~!

One could argue they were New Blood, but they were mentored by Nash starting in August (just after New Blood Rising) and he was definitely "Millionaires Club". Palumbo and Stasiak were originally New Blood members, but by the time Jindrak/O'Haire (and then later Sanders) debuted on TV proper, they'd diluted the main event angle.

[such a nerd, apologies]

[quote name='Scoop24']glad ps3 gave it to us for free[/quote]

do what now? when was this? (and please keep the fanboy cr@p out, if that's where this was headed...)

[quote name='javeryh']Dig Dug is fun (Mr. Do! is WAY better)[/quote]
QFT, even though I enjoy both Mr. Do! and Dig Dug.

Digging out the entire board on Dig Dug wasn't too difficult. It took me two tries to get it, as I lost my last guy as I was trying to make downward holes at the surface.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Technically Sanders was never a member. He debuted on something other than WCW Worldwide and (at the time already gone) WCWSN in July/August (after they broke up the team of Sanders and Allan Funk -- The Re-Enforcers~!).

The team he was apart of (and where the phrase came from) was actually the NATURAL BORN THRILLERS~!

One could argue they were New Blood, but they were mentored by Nash starting in August (just after New Blood Rising) and he was definitely "Millionaires Club". Palumbo and Stasiak were originally New Blood members, but by the time Jindrak/O'Haire (and then later Sanders) debuted on TV proper, they'd diluted the main event angle.

[such a nerd, apologies][/QUOTE]

A friend of mine down here in Atlanta knows him from some gym he works out at. Looks like he's doing stand up comedy now among other things which is probably best for him since he was always good on the mic. He's got a myspace page as well if you're really interested - http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=120857324 lol.

bread's done
Back