Digimon Season 1 (DVD) - $59.99 @ RightStuf w/ FS ($36.83 + tax - Walmart.com)

Vigilante

CAGiversary!
Feedback
67 (100%)
EDIT (10/3): Walmart.com has probably the best deal: $34.86 + tax + $1.97 shipping.

-----

I cannot believe no one posted this yet.

http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/X4DsD0bcf0-Kt8ASRs/browse/item/95929/4/0/0

Date Available - Oct 9 2012
1260 Minutes
Contains episodes 1-54 plus a 40-page booklet featuring the original seven characters.
Special Features: Photo Gallery with Over 200 Images and Sketches.
Spoken Languages: English.

That bold part might be the bad news for some people, but I'd think for most, the nostalgia factor would be enough. There's free US Economy shipping for orders over $49 at RightStuf, so this qualifies for it.

By comparison, Amazon has this for preorder at $71.96.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, when Funimation releases 13-episode "collections" for $50-$60 (admittedly, they're dubbed and subbed), $59.99 for 54 episodes of a 13-year-old dub can sound like a pretty good deal.

Digimon, digital monsters, Digimon are the Champions.

Digimon, digital monsters, Digimon are the Champions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJvpOrzcGbI

I agree with you, I would prefer a complete set rather than a bunch of volumes which are pretty hard to come by. ;/

[quote name='Rogueleader17']I hope yugioh gets this treatment some day.[/QUOTE]

^Agreed.

But back to Digimon. This is a good deal. You don't get the sub version, but its still 54 episodes for $60. Being as rare as it is to officially get all of these episodes, this would be the cheapest way to get them.

I hope Best Buy gets this in, so I can use my gift card.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Perhaps the greatest season of this show.[/QUOTE]
Well there WAS that one season where a guy ran around punching digimon...

If amazon hits $60 I'll foolishly preorder. Only thing that's getting me here is nostalgia. This reminds me that I need to get PKMN season 1 sometime

[quote name='WTK']This S1 DVD set is currently mispriced @ Walmart.com for $34.86 (~56% off). The correct MSRP is $79.95 and Walmart.com listed as $49.96. It remains to be seen if Amazon.com (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008L5FFMO) will be pricematching this.[/QUOTE]:shock: DANG. Does anyone know if Walmart.com charges you for preorders right away or when they ship?

[quote name='Vigilante']:shock: DANG. Does anyone know if Walmart.com charges you for preorders right away or when they ship?[/QUOTE]

I would like to know too.

I used to love this show.

I remember me and a friend went in to Toys R Us and both bought a case of the collector series cards so we could make sure we got full sets.

Sweet! The adult Digimon! (From the walmart checkout page)

"This title is intended for mature audiences. You must be 17 or older to purchase. It may contain intense violence, blood and gore, sexual content and/or strong language. By ordering this item, you are certifying that you are at least 17 years of age."

Thanks WTK for the heads up!

Did anyone notice the run times are different between Rightstuff (1260 minutes) and Walmart (1140 minutes)?

Think I might be tempted to grab that walmart deal and hopefully walmart will honor their likely mistake.If not, with a refund still have it as a gas card at least.Still a little unsure if I'd buy it, but maybeeeeeeeeeee.

bread's done
Back