Digital Cameras

SOLDIER

CAGiversary!
Feedback
91 (100%)
I own a Kodak EasyShare CX4200 (2.0 megapixels), but I've been looking to upgrade my camera. Having turned 25 today, I acquired some birthday money that I would like to use for that very purpose. Originally I was hoping my parents would take advantage of last week's OfficeMax deal, which was an Olympus SP-310 7.1 megapixel camera for $199.99, but they didn't.

So first I'd like some recommendations on a really good, yet afordable brand-name camera, which contain some or all of the following features:

6-8 megapixels

Able to edit the pictures on the spot (via the viewscreen)

Quick shutter speed (my old camera has like a 10 second delay between every shot; I'd like to be able to take fast shots)

Less than $300

So with those features in mind, I'd appreciate if someone could recommend a good deal that is currently going.

Dell often has some good deals on Canon Powershot cameras. Go to Fatwallet hot deal forum and search for Canon. You can easily score a Canon 7.1MP camera for under $300 shipped.

Canon digital cameras kick ass. I own 2 of them myself :)

[quote name='eau']Dell often has some good deals on Canon Powershot cameras. Go to Fatwallet hot deal forum and search for Canon. You can easily score a Canon 7.1MP camera for under $300 shipped.

Canon digital cameras kick ass. I own 2 of them myself :)[/QUOTE]
canons are very good, my dad swears by them.

i have a nikon and am looking to upgrade as well.
a buddy of mine just bought the 7.2 mp sony from circuitcity.
it has the features you mentioned, however im not sure of the shutter speed.

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Sony...16669/catOid/-13062/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

its $266 right now, it was $222 last week i think.

[quote name='paz9x']canons are very good, my dad swears by them.

i have a nikon and am looking to upgrade as well.
a buddy of mine just bought the 7.2 mp sony from circuitcity.
it has the features you mentioned, however im not sure of the shutter speed.

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Sony...16669/catOid/-13062/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

its $266 right now, it was $222 last week i think.[/QUOTE]

That camera is the Sony P-200. It's pretty good for the price (7.2mp, Li-ion battery, 2" screen, Zeiss lens). However, it is not the fastest camera out there and has no edit functions. Most cameras are only going to allow for after shot cropping except for HP, but I'd stay away from those. BTW, the P-200 is only $229 at Best Buy, but it's sold out online you'll have to go to B&M.

Ripped from SD:

DELL Home deal
  • Canon PowerShot SD500 7.1MP $349 - 20% NNJPCVQDNHX9CT - $35 coupon = $244. Cheapest on PriceGrabber is $296
  • Canon PowerShot SD450 5.0MP + $1 filler - 20% NNJPCVQDNHX9CT - $35 coupon = $205. Cheapest on PriceGrabber is $244
  • Olympus Stylus 710 7.2MP $349 - 20% NNJPCVQDNHX9CT - $35 coupon = $244. Cheapest on PriceGrabber is $280
The $35 coupon can be bought from ebay for a couple of bucks.

the kodak z760 is a hella tight camera, you can take a look on ebay if interested. Its a 6mp camera that comes with dock, and is pretty sweet for my needs. I got it a while ago for about 150.

well i went in to best buy to pick up one of the sony's the guy has me sold on the canon 450.
its kinda lame but one of the things abotu the sony is it uses pro duos. so i can use the mem card for the psp as well.

im buying one of them in themorning.

My sony cybershot dsc-p8 was recently stolen, and I get to replace my camera as well.. (wheeee) I really liked my old sony, great body style and all that..

[quote name='jonlubbe']My sony cybershot dsc-p8 was recently stolen, and I get to replace my camera as well.. (wheeee) I really liked my old sony, great body style and all that..[/QUOTE]

i keep hearing that the picture quality on a sony wont be as good as a canon (for competitive models)

also the sd2 cards are no cheaper than the pro duo cards, so those cant be the deal maker.

I'll vouch for the Canon SDx00 series as well (x=2,3,4,5,6). Those really are remarkable cameras, lightweight, and take amazing pictures and movie clips. You can also scope out bensbargains.net daily. Ben frequently posts the Dell camera deals as well.

im way to indecisive. im going to buy the sony w50 play with it for the weekend and if i dont like it im exchanging it for the canon sd450 (i think the sd600 is the model for me but its $70 more than the 450 and just out of my range)

Dammit, I waited too long. The camera no longer comes with a free SD card. Does anyone know a similar deal? I suppose I'll still buy it, but I'd like to see a few more deals before I make a final decision.

[quote name='SOLDIER']Dammit, I waited too long. The camera no longer comes with a free SD card. Does anyone know a similar deal? I suppose I'll still buy it, but I'd like to see a few more deals before I make a final decision.[/QUOTE]
I'm still seeing the free 1 GB card with the A620 at Newegg. It's an A-DATA card though, the free one I got was PNY. But I'm sure it will work just as good.

My A620 came today and I've been playing around with it a little. I'm pretty impressed so far. I've been taking shots in auto mode at various resolutions and all look really good. Can't wait to start messing with the manual settings.

[quote name='SOLDIER']I own a Kodak EasyShare CX4200 (2.0 megapixels), but I've been looking to upgrade my camera. Having turned 25 today, I acquired some birthday money that I would like to use for that very purpose. Originally I was hoping my parents would take advantage of last week's OfficeMax deal, which was an Olympus SP-310 7.1 megapixel camera for $199.99, but they didn't.

So first I'd like some recommendations on a really good, yet afordable brand-name camera, which contain some or all of the following features:

6-8 megapixels

Able to edit the pictures on the spot (via the viewscreen)

Quick shutter speed (my old camera has like a 10 second delay between every shot; I'd like to be able to take fast shots)

Less than $300

So with those features in mind, I'd appreciate if someone could recommend a good deal that is currently going.[/quote]
i dont know to much about cameras but i would recomend the one i have its a Concord 5345z it is 5.0 mega pixel with 3x zoom its really a sweet camera it has all kinds of diff settings and you can rcord video on it 2:bouncy:
i got mine for cheap cause abunch of stuff was missing like the lanyard and other things that dont really matter but it was going for 199 but i got it for $120

bread's done
Back