Digital Devil $41 shipped pre-order at overstock (Now with 10% off coupon link)

blueweltall

CAGiversary!
Feedback
168 (100%)
http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2.cgi?PAGE=PROFRAME&PROD_ID=1392563

Game cost $46.55, shipping is $1 dollar but you can sometimes get free shipping if you update your cart. First they charge me $47.55 shipped but when I press the update button somehow I got free shipping. So if you want free shipping keep on clicking the update button or add and remove the item from your cart until you get free shipping. You can aslo get this game at ebgames but thats like $8 more for a sticker.

Edit: I just talk to a overstock rep and he was cool enough to give me a link to get the 10% off coupon, but hurry it ends today. So you can get digital Devil for $41.90 shipped. Just use the coupon link below and do the free shipping trick.

http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2...w&PAGE=STATICPAGE&PAGE_ID=1998&cid=65378&fp=F

Actually, doesn't every new copy of this game come with the controller sticker? FWIW: If you take advantage of this offer, be prepared to wait at least a week or two to ship. It took forever to get the shipping confirmation for Kessen III. For some, it might not be worth the $8 to have to wait.

Yeah, I'm looking for a deal on Digital Devil Saga, but I'm not ordering anything important from Overstock again. They'll take a month just to ship it, and it'll take another couple weeks with Media Mail.

If anyone finds a deal from somewhere else, or at least one with a free shippnig offer, let me know.

[quote name='dafoomie']Yeah, I'm looking for a deal on Digital Devil Saga, but I'm not ordering anything important from Overstock again. They'll take a month just to ship it, and it'll take another couple weeks with Media Mail.

If anyone finds a deal from somewhere else, or at least one with a free shippnig offer, let me know.[/quote]

my order of GT4 with overstock came within days, I guess they're not always bad.

the thing I love is that they take paypal.

[quote name='jerfgoke']Actually, doesn't every new copy of this game come with the controller sticker? FWIW: If you take advantage of this offer, be prepared to wait at least a week or two to ship. It took forever to get the shipping confirmation for Kessen III. For some, it might not be worth the $8 to have to wait.[/quote]

The sticker is a preorder only with EB and Gamestop I believe. I wonder if the overstock copy even comes in the box set form? Either way, I'm sticking with my GS preorder on this...

[quote name='Starky27'][quote name='jerfgoke']Actually, doesn't every new copy of this game come with the controller sticker? FWIW: If you take advantage of this offer, be prepared to wait at least a week or two to ship. It took forever to get the shipping confirmation for Kessen III. For some, it might not be worth the $8 to have to wait.[/quote]

The sticker is a preorder only with EB and Gamestop I believe. I wonder if the overstock copy even comes in the box set form? Either way, I'm sticking with my GS preorder on this...[/quote]

same here

It should be out on the 8th. The 22nd date was a speculative guess before because Atlus just made note of a mid-late March release before from what I understand. It changed on EB and Gamespots sites a few weeks ago to the 8th so I trust that date.

[quote name='Starky27']The sticker is a preorder only with EB and Gamestop I believe. I wonder if the overstock copy even comes in the box set form? Either way, I'm sticking with my GS preorder on this...[/quote]
The box set is the only version there is. EB, maybe Gamestop I don't know, gives you a different version of the "battle armor" stickers for preordering. So you get two of them; one in box and one from EB.

[quote name='Zennousha']It should be out on the 8th. The 22nd date was a speculative guess before because Atlus just made note of a mid-late March release before from what I understand. It changed on EB and Gamespots sites a few weeks ago to the 8th so I trust that date.

[/quote]

Its getting a little close to the 8th to hear no new news about the release. I mean, usually Atlus is pretty good about offering CD covers, updated site info, et al prior to the release. I'm playing it safe and sticking with the end of march.

Thanks for the deal, I preordered. Hell I could care less about the extra crap but I'm sure it'll come with it.

No Tax + Free Shipping + Cheaper Price = teh win

r1s3n

[quote name='zionoverfire']Dammit and I preordered from EB, oh well luckily it was with giftcards or I would really be ticked.[/quote]

You'll hate it and trade it anyway the second day it comes out. Tick...tick...tick. :lol:

[quote name='masha'][quote name='zionoverfire']Dammit and I preordered from EB, oh well luckily it was with giftcards or I would really be ticked.[/quote]

You'll hate it and trade it anyway the second day it comes out. Tick...tick...tick. :lol:[/quote]

TOD :shock:

[quote name='JaytheGamefan']I just got this today from Atlus, and it's a marvelous game, definitely worth $47.[/quote]

:shock: How might I ask?

[quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='masha'][quote name='zionoverfire']Dammit and I preordered from EB, oh well luckily it was with giftcards or I would really be ticked.[/quote]

You'll hate it and trade it anyway the second day it comes out. Tick...tick...tick. :lol:[/quote]

TOD :shock:[/quote]

GM :shock:

Yeah all version of the game come in the box set so you shouldn't be worried. I never pre-order anything from overstock before but I ordered Nocturne a few weeks back for $40 shipped and it only took them about fours days to get to my house even though it was with media mail. The only place that I have bad experience was with outpost and they took three weeks to ship my RE4.

[quote name='masha'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='masha'][quote name='zionoverfire']Dammit and I preordered from EB, oh well luckily it was with giftcards or I would really be ticked.[/quote]

TOD :shock:[/quote]

GM :shock:[/quote]

Gimmie Gimmie. :twisted:

[quote name='prismic']I assume this is the game with the soundtrack and the slipcase?[/quote]

Yep, all the copies come that way, it makes this deal especially good since the normal price tag is $55.

For people wondering about the release, Atlus's offical comment a few weeks ago was that this would be releasing at the end of March; expect the 22nd or 29th, and definitely not next week.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']For people wondering about the release, Atlus's offical comment a few weeks ago was that this would be releasing at the end of March; expect the 22nd or 29th, and definitely not next week.[/quote]

IGN Hands on

:arrow: http://ps2.ign.com/articles/592/592848p1.html

Ign release date is March 29, 2005

...and it looks like NOONE is making Strategy Guide :shock:

[quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='prismic']I assume this is the game with the soundtrack and the slipcase?[/quote]

Yep, all the copies come that way, it makes this deal especially good since the normal price tag is $55.[/quote]

The only thing that bugs me is they have the list price as $49.99 not $54.99, plus no mention of it as the Deluxe Box Set. I haven't seen any official announcement from Atlus saying that all copies will be as such, just that there is a box set and the extras are packed external from the game (so if there was a standard edition, they just need to not put it in the 2 DVD box). I dunno, good deal if it's the Deluxe Box Set... Anywho, here's a trailer with the English voices...

http://gametrailers.com/player.php?id=4962&type=wmv

[quote name='JaytheGamefan']Jrunt20x, it's a review copy, essentially the final game, minus packaging. Standard stuff from Atlus.[/quote]

Oh, I see. How is the game so far? When I was living in Japan I it was released but I didn't pick it up.

[quote name='JaytheGamefan']I haven't gotten too far into it, but I love what I've seen thus far.[/quote]
How does it play compared to Nocturne? I really liked the story and design in it but it just seemed to play, I don't know a proper term to get across what I mean, slow. Turning corners, running around and talking to people just didn't seem fluid to me. I didn't find myself really caring about the characters either. Does it have the same over world design? Nocturne has left me kind of half fulfilled so part of me wants to really care about DDS but another part of me feels like I'm buying just because there is a severe lack of other RPGs (without horrible flaws like Shining Tears is said to have) for awhile. I already have it paid for so I'm just wondering if it was well spent. The videos I've seen so far make it seem a lot more up tempo and the characters seem to have much more personality to care about.

Sorry to bug you about it it's just there is pretty much no direct information anywhere about it it's all just general overview stuff. Thanks.

I fear ordering this one because the special box will likely be crushed when I get it. Nothing against online retailers, but that's just my luck.

[quote name='Starky27'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='prismic']I assume this is the game with the soundtrack and the slipcase?[/quote]

Yep, all the copies come that way, it makes this deal especially good since the normal price tag is $55.[/quote]

The only thing that bugs me is they have the list price as $49.99 not $54.99, plus no mention of it as the Deluxe Box Set. I haven't seen any official announcement from Atlus saying that all copies will be as such, just that there is a box set and the extras are packed external from the game (so if there was a standard edition, they just need to not put it in the 2 DVD box). I dunno, good deal if it's the Deluxe Box Set... Anywho, here's a trailer with the English voices...

http://gametrailers.com/player.php?id=4962&type=wmv[/quote]

Nice trailer! I've looked very hard for a nonboxset and haven't been able to find one, I think they were all produced this way to promote the idea of buying both 1 and 2 the 2nd which comes out only a few months later. Well we will see how the preorders turn out, hopefully it won't be like the zelda 4 swords deal.

Zennousha, I don't have Nocturne to compare it to, but I like the battle system thus far. The interface for it is simple, very traditional, and you can do some neat combo attacks. Here, non-battle movement is swift, and the camera works well, especially since you can control it if you need to. The floor plan used for for the corner display can get confusing though, since it's partially based on your camera position.

Thanks for the reply.
One last thing if you would to clear something up for me... In Nocturne the camera makes the character stop and you look around from their perspective which was my main beef with it because you couldn't really look around on the fly. Is the perspective look around in this too or is it a free camera that you can shift around the character?

I just checked out some previews, digital devil looks awesome, especially the storyline.

IMO, big budge rpgs like starocean, xenosaga just can't compete with rpgs like shadow hearts.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']I fear ordering this one because the special box will likely be crushed when I get it. Nothing against online retailers, but that's just my luck.[/quote]

From what I can tell from the mockups on Atlus' site, the DVD box contains the case for Avatar Tuner 1 and then a Bonus Materials case that has the Soundtrack and controller shield most likely, so the case shouldn't get crushed...

http://www.atlus.com/images/DDS Artbox.jpg

According to VyersLives, an Atlus employee and mod on their boards, the game will only ship with the box and extra materials.
Sweet link, Starky27. I watched it in conjunction the one at Atlus' site, and that stoked some interest for me.
And it's cool that JaytheGamefan is a reviewer. Who do you work for?

I write for: VGPub.com, Digitalbackspin.com, and Hardcore Gamer Magazine. I've knocked out my review of this, and it'll be on VGPub when the game is finally released (which is the earliest I can legally have it up). I might end up buying a copy of this game anyway, as the soundtrack is just that good.

I am not sure i like SMT: DDS or not but i really like Maki Kingdom is look AWSOME ;)

Still have to pickup SMT: DDS whenever it hit the shelves ;)

[quote name='JaytheGamefan']I write for: VGPub.com, Digitalbackspin.com, and Hardcore Gamer Magazine. I've knocked out my review of this, and it'll be on VGPub when the game is finally released (which is the earliest I can legally have it up). I might end up buying a copy of this game anyway, as the soundtrack is just that good.[/quote]

Sweet, thanks for responding. Nice to know that the extra soundtrack will be worth it too (meaning it's a buy, not a rental).

Insidepulse.com has a really thorough review on the game you might enjoy (although I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being pulled). The main theme is one of the catchiest game themes I've heard in quite some time. I think there's a web trailer with it on there.

[quote name='defiance_17']I just ordered one, hopefully it ships.[/quote]

My order was cancelled because they weren't able to determine when it would ship, so they sent me a 10% off coupon for my next order. I searched for the game, and sure enough, it's still on the site. Now I got it, shipped free, for about $41. Again, hopefully it ships.

[quote name='defiance_17'][quote name='defiance_17']I just ordered one, hopefully it ships.[/quote]

My order was cancelled because they weren't able to determine when it would ship, so they sent me a 10% off coupon for my next order. I searched for the game, and sure enough, it's still on the site. Now I got it, shipped free, for about $41. Again, hopefully it ships.[/quote]

Cool thats a sweet deal if it actually ship. I think the release date is the 29th but I'm not sure about overstock.

[quote name='blueweltall'][quote name='defiance_17'][quote name='defiance_17']I just ordered one, hopefully it ships.[/quote]

My order was cancelled because they weren't able to determine when it would ship, so they sent me a 10% off coupon for my next order. I searched for the game, and sure enough, it's still on the site. Now I got it, shipped free, for about $41. Again, hopefully it ships.[/quote]

Cool thats a sweet deal if it actually ship. I think the release date is the 29th but I'm not sure about overstock.[/quote]

I believe it said April 6th.

[quote name='defiance_17'][quote name='blueweltall'][quote name='defiance_17'][quote name='defiance_17']I just ordered one, hopefully it ships.[/quote]

Cool thats a sweet deal if it actually ship. I think the release date is the 29th but I'm not sure about overstock.[/quote]

I believe it said April 6th.[/quote]

Haha, I forgot that I cancel my order and order it again when they where runing the 10% off coupons last weekend. I just checked and the total is $41.90. It also show as April 6 for me. :D

bread's done
Back