Digital Devil Saga or Growlancer: Generations?

mombbsmj

CAG Newbie
I am going to trade in a couple of games at a local store and they have both of these games. Which one should I start out with between Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga or Growlancer: Generations I haven't played Nocturne and I'm not sure if that will affect playing DDS.

Go with DDS! you don't need to play Nocturne...the only things they share are a similar art style and the same enemies for random encounters. I think DDS is much cooler and entertaining than Growlanser.

get DDS, but dont play it yet. It bleeds right into DDS2 which doesnt come out until at least August. Then start playing DDS closer to August.

With Growlanser you have the disadvantage of probably never being able to play I or IV.

Indeed, keep in mind that they are very different games. Growlanser is a tactics RPG, and DDS is a more traditional RPG (in terms of gameplay, anyway). They're both great, though, and fantastic examples of their respective genres (or rather, sub-genres).

Keep in mind, though, that if you buy DDS, you're probably gonna want to spend an additional $50 for DDS2 (and you pretty much have to get DDS2, otherwise, you don't get the whole story) when it hits in August (supposidly), so, you'll be in for another hit to the wallet come then. Just something to note when choosing.

another consideration: SMT: Nocturne is much better than both of those games if ya have the time to sink into it or are looking for a game you could play forever.

DDS is getting RARE and Growlanser Generation price is going down (you can get GG cheaper if you wanted wait little longer).

Growlanser was a huge let down for me as I have a huge SRPG fan.

DDS is great though.

well Growlancer: Generations has droped to $34.99 at BB. However if you are getting the limited edition than thats a different story.

[quote name='62t']well Growlancer: Generations has droped to $34.99 at BB.[/QUOTE]

The website still has it at 49.99?

Once the new price drops, so will the used price, and I'll definately pick it up using CAG15 and SAVER.

EDIT: You said BB... thought it was EB, lol. Hope an EB price drop comes soon.

bread's done
Back