Digital River/Square Enix Store Clueless

jimbofluffy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
About a month ago I bought Battlestations Pacific from a sale on the Square Enix website (the cheapest I have seen it online), which uses Digital River for all the checkouts.  I didn't get around to installing it until a couple days ago, and realized that they did not provide a 25 character GFWL code.  I e-mailed the Digital River support and this is the response I got.

Thank you for contacting the Square Enix online store.

We can see here that your order is complete and it is ready to be
downloaded and we have tried to check for a GFWL key. Unfortunately, we
are unable to locate a key like that in this order and it a ppears that
it is not included in your purchase.

If you are referring to the serial and unlock numbers, they are: (not GFWL codes)

They don't even know they are not selling people a complete product.  Won't be buying from them again.

Digital River is horrid.  They ripped off everyone that bought FF7 only offering a 30 day download.  Square-Enix is apparently working on a solution thankfully.  Most of us are hoping they offer Steam codes.

I bought some games from them (not PC) last winter and after 5 months of waiting, getting generic form responses, etc, they cancelled my order out of the blue.  I'm done ordering from anyone who uses them.

I know this a late response but I am glad other people feel the same about Digital River. I had problems ordering from UBI, EA (at times), and Namco|Bandai because all of them use Digital River for their financial transactions.

Thread bump!  Just kidding.  Not sure if this my first post here or at least first in a very long time.  I have been so egregiously screwed over by Digital River I'm beyond angry, I'm like postal.  I saw your forum post when I was doing a search on Square Enix Digital River

So leading up to Final Fantasy 14 release I was a big cheerleader for the game and very excited as I was an active beta participant.  I was so gung ho I even ordered (through Digital River) the limited edition bluray soundtrack of Final Fantasy 14 music and in game pet you got with the package.

So as the later beta stage showed Square losing everyone's account information and things just going really badly I decided I wanted to cancel my order.  Keep in mind this is a month before the product shipped.  I go to log into my square account and weirdly I'm logged on to the european store front.  I manually put myself into the north america store and there was no trace of my order a few months back they took my credit card information for no problem.

So I think to myself given Square's clusterfuck of a lead up to FFXIV and losing account info chances are the store has my credit card info I just can't access my order to cancel it.  So I send several contact emails through the website explaining the problem and that I am canceling my order weeks before it ships.  Don't send it.  Don't charge me.  Cancel.

I get several auto replies saying we rec'd your message and your log on info is being worked on with respects to FFXIV.  Not my store problem, not my order problem, the email that went out from Square to all butthurt kids wanting to get back to farming Gil.

So of course at this point I know they're going to send it.  I tried to call them and phone lines didn't work because of the FFXIV disaster.  At this time I'm about to board a flight to Costa Rica literally in the rainforest for a few weeks so I can't do anything then.  So on the rare wireless internet I got there I saw of course the charge for the fucking soundtrack, douchebags.  I immediately rage emailed them the entire situation and said they need to refund the money immediately I didn't want it, product is going back immediately, to be refused if at all possible etc.

So they jerked me around for weeks with misinformation and finally refunded me part of the amount after telling me they refunded a completely different order.  They literally have no clue about anyone's account info apparently.  So today after they finally get it straightened out that they did in fact refund me a couple weeks back even though they said it was something else, it did not include Tax and it did not include shipping.  They think they can make me eat tax for a product I did not keep, pay shipping on a product I canceled (both ways) and then tell me I'm confused.

I'm pretty sure working in the analytical field I do that I'm not confused.  I'm really not confused at all.  So we'll see if after countless emails where I told them to get a manager involved (which they never did) if they will give me ALL my money plus credit for time wasted.  I'm so pissed lmao. 

Then excited about Dark Souls 2 Collectors Edition I happily went to Namco Bandai then saw..... digital mother fucking river.  shit.  Won't be buying it from Namco obviously.  Bitches.

Anyway hopefully I'll feel better and maybe some other poor sucker will read these few posts and refrain from buying from square or namco or anyone else cheap and/or dumbass enough to use digital ripoff river.

Good night and good luck.  --Jeremy

bread's done
Back