Dilemma... what would ya'll do?

360CoreGaMer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
So here's the deal...I'm going to the UK for a year to be with the Fiancee'.
I've been wanting to get a DS Lite for a while, but since the DSi came out I have wanted one of them.

When I went to Gamestop they told me that the DS Lite wasn't region specific, but reading a thread on here someone said they were. So do I get a DS here and find out if UK games work on it, or get two, one here and one in the UK. The fiancee' has a DS Lite so I'll be able to try her games if I buy one here.

I also understand that the UK, due to having free health-care and such taxes everything, like crazy or so I hear, so if I do get a US version, would it be any cheaper to get the US games, imported?

I can confirm for you that the DSLite is not region-specific. I can't speak to the DSi. I dunno about your other question.

The actual game cartridges are region-free. So if you buy any games in the UK they will work on a US unit (lol Tingle). However, DSiware is region specific. So with a US unit you can only get games from the US shop.

The US shop is usually a bit better than the EU shop and we get titles a lot earlier than they do.

Okay, so then I can still get one here :)
Now one last question, seeing as I'll have the US version, would it be easy to shop via US in the UK, as I'm guessing that would be via the Internet?

The experience will be seamless although perhaps a bit slow since you'll be hitting up the US servers. All you have to do is find an access point and you'll connect without a hitch.

Yea, the DS Lite is definitely region free.

360CoreGamer..I have about 19 extra Euro/two-pin chargers for the DS Lite on my Tradelist..i'd be happy to send you one (or two for the girlfiend) for a couple of bucks (I just want to get rid of them, it all started with a dumb idea..;)). Send me a PM if you're interested!

bread's done
Back