Direct2Drive 24 Days of Christmas Sale - All previous daily deals active

Xealot42

CAGiversary!
Feedback
265 (100%)

Current Deal: All previous daily/bonus deals active.

Expired Deals:
(12-24-2009) Spore = $19.95
(12-23-2009) Torchlight = $9.95
(12-22-2009) Champions Online = $14.95
(12-21-2009) Machinarium = $9.95
(12-20-2009) Dawn of War II = $19.95
(12-19-2009) Civ IV Complete = $15.95 (Batman AA = $24.95)
(12-18-2009) Trine = $9.95
(12-17-2009) Resident Evil 5 = $24.95
(12-16-2009) Section 8 = $12.50
(12-15-2009) NFS ProStreet = $4.95
(12-14-2009) Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08 = $9.95
(12-13-2009) Company of Heroes: ToV = $7.50
(12-12-2009) The Sims 3 = $39.95
(12-11-2009) Dragon Age: Origins = $39.95
(12-10-2009) BF 2 Complete = $14.95
(12-09-2009) Street Fighter IV = $19.95
(12-08-2009) Mercenaries 2 = $4.95
(12-07-2009) LOTR: Conquest = $9.95
(12-06-2009) Majesty 2 = $7.50
(12-05-2009) Prototype = $19.95
(12-04-2009) Red Alert 3 Bundle = $19.95
(12-03-2009) Need for Speed SHIFT = $24.95
(12-02-2009) The Witcher = $19.95
(12-01-2009) Mirror's Edge = $4.95

Ornament List (For Name That Game Giveaway):
Mirror's Edge:
d2dornament1.jpg

The Witcher:
d2dornament2.jpg

Need for Speed SHIFT:
d2dornament3.jpg

Red Alert 3/Red Alert 3 Uprising:
d2dornament4.jpg

Prototype:
d2dornament25.jpg

Majesty 2:
d2dornament6.jpg

The Lord of the Rings: Conquest:
d2dornament7.jpg

Mercenaries 2: World in Flames:
d2dornament8.jpg

Street Fighter IV:
d2dornament9.jpg

Battlefield 2/The Complete Battlefield Collection:
d2dornament10.jpg

Dragon Age: Origins:
d2dornament11.jpg

The Sims 3:
d2dornament12.jpg

Risen:
d2dornament13.jpg

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08:
d2dornament14.jpg

Need for Speed: ProStreet
d2dornament15.jpg

ArmA II:
d2dornament16.jpg

Resident Evil 5:
d2dornament17.jpg

Rise of Flight:
d2dornament18.jpg

Section 8:
d2dornament19.jpg

Civilization IV:
d2dornament20.jpg

Torchlight:
d2dornament21.jpg

Machinarium:
d2dornament22.jpg

Champions Online:
d2dornament23.jpg

Spore:
d2dornament24.jpg

List of possible upcoming deals (with banner ad pics):

Special thanks to Kurina and bitter1961 for digging up all these images from D2D.

Last edited by a moderator:
I ALMOST bought NFS Shift when it was half off.....glad I didn't I won it in a contest yesterday!

I think their anniversary sale has beaten this one so far.... Riddick and Supreme Commander Gold and World in Conflict complete for $5 buck were big on value

[quote name='Seventh']I as a pcgamer have never resold my games... in today's pc market I do not know anyone that does especially since most games require you to link the serial number you get to some sort of online account. So when I buy games on steam digitally I own it forever, which means I can redl and install it whenever I feel like playing a certain game over again.[/QUOTE]
add to the fact that PC games are dirt cheap brand new when just a few years old.....witness GoGamer sales....I only paid a few buck for STALKER Clear Skies, a game that is STILL used for graphics benchmarking

[quote name='Seventh']I as a pcgamer have never resold my games... in today's pc market I do not know anyone that does especially since most games require you to link the serial number you get to some sort of online account. So when I buy games on steam digitally I own it forever, which means I can redl and install it whenever I feel like playing a certain game over again.[/QUOTE]

I am certainly pro digital on the PC side of things because the PC side actually knows cheaper prices. I've bought $5 games left and right on the PC while they retail $20 new. But digital for consoles is a hells no to me. Those games make better resellers and if i bought digital the best deal I would get is like $5 less then retail.

I have never seen myself reselling PC games. That just seems almost unnatural (I have done it with a few exceptions). But on everything else like consoles or handhelds it feels super normal.

Was very tempted to get Section 8, but the games achievement list was terrible and the reviews weren't all that great. I don't think I missed out too much by passing up this deal. :)

[quote name='trenttati']I passed on RE5 at $25. None of my Targets have had it in stock and Steam will have it on sale soon, right? I'm a smart CAG, right?[/QUOTE]

I believe Steam and Impulse had RE5 for $25 during BF sales. But you might get lucky with the Steam holiday sale.

[quote name='trenttati']I passed on RE5 at $25. None of my Targets have had it in stock and Steam will have it on sale soon, right? I'm a smart CAG, right?[/QUOTE]

I believe Steam and Impulse had RE5 for $25 during BF sales. But you might get lucky with the Steam holiday sale. :)

[quote name='Xerxes']Steam has Torchlight for $10 people.[/QUOTE]

People waiting for a torchlight deal (myself included :bouncy:) Get your ass on steam and get it for 10 bucks!!!!!!!

Talk about Steam going right for D2D's throat on this sale. A lot of people seemed to be interested only in Torchlight for this 24-day sale, and here Steam goes and puts it on for $10 just before D2D is presumably putting theirs on sale. Check and mate...

[quote name='ParkCarsHere']Talk about Steam going right for D2D's throat on this sale. A lot of seem to be interested mainly in Torchlight for this 24-day sale, and here Steam goes and puts it on for $10 just before D2D is presumably putting theirs on sale. Check and mate...[/QUOTE]

Indeed. Well played by Steam.

Not much left to look forward to in the D2D sale unless I win a free game. :)

Now with the world builder that was released, I was intrigued by Sims 3, but not for the $40 they had it at..

Wait, Torchlight for 10 on Steam? Hmm that may just push me over the edge, as I had a lot of fun with the demo

Are there any advantages to getting Trine for PC or PSN? I liked the PC demo but thought it would be more fun on the PS3. Anyone have an opinion on this?

Well Steam just stole the thunder from the upcoming Torchlight deal. Steam achievements, steam cloud, and also $10. Looks like D2D isn't getting my money after all. :cold:

I really liked Resident Evil 5, and that's a great price on it! When I saw that it made several "worst of the year" lists, I was genuinely shocked.

I never tried out Direct2Drive yet,vseems neat. Resident Evil 5 would be cool to get. Never heard of Trine, any good?

[quote name='Nyxaz']Well Steam just stole the thunder from the upcoming Torchlight deal. Steam achievements, steam cloud, and also $10. Looks like D2D isn't getting my money after all. :cold:[/QUOTE]
Are steam cloud and achievements only limited to games you buy on Steam even it the game you bought elsewhere is on steam?

Haven't seen anything yet that I've really wanted to pull the trigger on. However, I did just pick up Torchlight on Steam : )

Gotta say I really am enjoying Dragon Age. It really does remind me of Baldur's Gate. It's not quite as good as BG was in its time, but is very good.

Well, D2D went for the Status Quo once again, putting Trine at the $10 mark instead of $5. I passed when Steam offered it for $10, I'm definitely not biting now.

Can you do local multiplayer with Trine on PC?

[quote name='Unicorntard']Im saddened... $25 for Resident Evil 5! I was hoping it would be less.[/QUOTE]

I just picked up re5 pc and section 8 pc at target today for 13 each.

Now those are good deals. Personally, I think that, once the Gold Edition of RE5 is released, the PC version will drop considerably in value.

Give it another few months, and the PC version of RE5 will be a steal everywhere.

[quote name='EliotAndrews']Well, D2D went for the Status Quo once again, putting Trine at the $10 mark instead of $5. I passed when Steam offered it for $10, I'm definitely not biting now.

Can you do local multiplayer with Trine on PC?[/QUOTE]

Yes, up to 3 players and local only, actually. I think the developers suggested the XBLA version would gain network support, which caused some brief outrage from PC users, but I don't know what ever happened with that.

With a boxed release and availability on every DD service there is, I'd say $5 isn't too far off. I mean, it's even available on GameTap's subscription service, which is usually a sure sign of bargain bin status.

Nice. How does the multiplayer work in Trine? I played the demo, and I'm not sure how it would be implemented. Does one player control a specific character in the trio or something?

Doh, I missed the Torchlight deal. Really want to try that one...when I get finish the 7 games I'm currently half-way through.

[quote name='EliotAndrews']Nice. How does the multiplayer work in Trine? I played the demo, and I'm not sure how it would be implemented. Does one player control a specific character in the trio or something?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and it apparently changes the feel of the game into more of a The Lost Vikings thing where you have to figure out how to get all the characters through the puzzles. Haven't actually tried it myself though.

Man, I want Trine, but even though I may never play it co-op, it'd be much more likely on PSN. I think I might have to wait for it to drop to 10 on PSN before I buy it.

I'm looking at Torchlight on steam, and the possible Bioshock deal if it's around 5$. Dragon Age is impressive, but it's just too expensive for one game with all the inevitable DLC. I will wait for the GOTY edition. The majority of these games are just meh, though. I'd probably give them to friends if I won.

bread's done
Back