Direct2Drive 24 Days of Christmas Sale - All previous daily deals active

Xealot42

CAGiversary!
Feedback
265 (100%)

Current Deal: All previous daily/bonus deals active.

Expired Deals:
(12-24-2009) Spore = $19.95
(12-23-2009) Torchlight = $9.95
(12-22-2009) Champions Online = $14.95
(12-21-2009) Machinarium = $9.95
(12-20-2009) Dawn of War II = $19.95
(12-19-2009) Civ IV Complete = $15.95 (Batman AA = $24.95)
(12-18-2009) Trine = $9.95
(12-17-2009) Resident Evil 5 = $24.95
(12-16-2009) Section 8 = $12.50
(12-15-2009) NFS ProStreet = $4.95
(12-14-2009) Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08 = $9.95
(12-13-2009) Company of Heroes: ToV = $7.50
(12-12-2009) The Sims 3 = $39.95
(12-11-2009) Dragon Age: Origins = $39.95
(12-10-2009) BF 2 Complete = $14.95
(12-09-2009) Street Fighter IV = $19.95
(12-08-2009) Mercenaries 2 = $4.95
(12-07-2009) LOTR: Conquest = $9.95
(12-06-2009) Majesty 2 = $7.50
(12-05-2009) Prototype = $19.95
(12-04-2009) Red Alert 3 Bundle = $19.95
(12-03-2009) Need for Speed SHIFT = $24.95
(12-02-2009) The Witcher = $19.95
(12-01-2009) Mirror's Edge = $4.95

Ornament List (For Name That Game Giveaway):
Mirror's Edge:
d2dornament1.jpg

The Witcher:
d2dornament2.jpg

Need for Speed SHIFT:
d2dornament3.jpg

Red Alert 3/Red Alert 3 Uprising:
d2dornament4.jpg

Prototype:
d2dornament25.jpg

Majesty 2:
d2dornament6.jpg

The Lord of the Rings: Conquest:
d2dornament7.jpg

Mercenaries 2: World in Flames:
d2dornament8.jpg

Street Fighter IV:
d2dornament9.jpg

Battlefield 2/The Complete Battlefield Collection:
d2dornament10.jpg

Dragon Age: Origins:
d2dornament11.jpg

The Sims 3:
d2dornament12.jpg

Risen:
d2dornament13.jpg

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08:
d2dornament14.jpg

Need for Speed: ProStreet
d2dornament15.jpg

ArmA II:
d2dornament16.jpg

Resident Evil 5:
d2dornament17.jpg

Rise of Flight:
d2dornament18.jpg

Section 8:
d2dornament19.jpg

Civilization IV:
d2dornament20.jpg

Torchlight:
d2dornament21.jpg

Machinarium:
d2dornament22.jpg

Champions Online:
d2dornament23.jpg

Spore:
d2dornament24.jpg

List of possible upcoming deals (with banner ad pics):

Special thanks to Kurina and bitter1961 for digging up all these images from D2D.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been pretty happy with D2D. I've used Steam, too, but like D2D better, although they are pretty much the same.

Awww I missed out on Tales of Valor... I wasn't sure if it would be compatible with the steam version of CoH: Opposing Fronts.

I'm on the fence about buying Trine and Torchlight. Torchlight seems to have solid gameplay, but the demo has a few annoying bugs. The demo crashes whenever I change the resolution. There's a thin blue line on the left side of the screen when I open the inventory window or any window for that matter. And sometimes items will drop where my character can't reach them.

Here's hoping they have a sale on Bioshock or Max Payne 2 in the next couple months. :)

Trine plays alright on the PC, I wasn't crazy how the character switch is mapped to 123 by default, but I was able to change that up on the PC. It should probably be factored in that I've been playing SMB lately. So compared to most platformers Trine probably controls better than alright.

Osmos probably at most is worth $5. I picked it up from Steam for $2 and that is more of a sweet spot.

Yes! I have recently been hoping for a deal on DoW II. I hope for at least 50% off at 20 dollars. 15 bucks though and I am all over that.

Updated OP. I was a little late because I lost track of time playing Dawn of War 2 Last Stand.

I'm curious if it will just be a deal on DOW2 or another bundle deal.

Kicking this sale off with Mirror's Edge was pretty awesome. I paid $20 for it and only slightly regretted it, but $5 is enitrley fair.

I would love to get my hands on civ IV, maybe I can get my dad to play that one. he is still playing Heroes of Might and Magic III... X_x

I have nothing against D2D, but I love that steam is pulling up great deals too. would rather spend my money with steam than D2D. Plus they won't let my cc go through oh well

I didn't like Dawn of War 1. I'm guessing I won't like Dawn of War 2 then. Also, I'm thinking of jumping the gun on Civ 4. Should I? I only liked Blizzard RTSs so far.

I, too, want to see what becomes available on Christmas Day. However, I'm haunted by Cyber Monday's single game deal.

If only D2D knew how to break away from the Status Quo.

[quote name='looski']I have nothing against D2D, but I love that steam is pulling up great deals too. would rather spend my money with steam than D2D. Plus they won't let my cc go through oh well[/QUOTE]
Exactly.

One of the huge problems that I can see with digital distribution is forgetting what games you own years down the line. With Steam, everything you bought from them is saved in the same client, allowing you to download and install the games as many times as you want on as many computers as you want (well, in my experience that's the case. There may be a limit out there somewhere).

And that's only the first part of it. Steam also has community features, insane deals on a regular basis, constant streams of updates for their own games, AND achievements for some of the games they sell.

I was planning on getting Torchlight from D2D, but when Steam's deal came up, I jumped on it. I much prefer having everything from them rather than a few different digital distribution services. I'm sure they are all great in their own way... but I got into Steam first :p.

(Yes, I do also use Impulse. I think that is another great service that just needs some more time / deals / games to get a step closer to Steam).

./end random rant

If only I had my graduation money a few days earlier! Missed RE5, Red Alert 3, and a few others. Still a few more days of deals to go.

and I'd be all over Civ 4 today if I didn't buy it during their 5th anniversary month a while back (not the bundle tho, so this is still tempting).

[quote name='Default09']I didn't like Dawn of War 1. I'm guessing I won't like Dawn of War 2 then. Also, I'm thinking of jumping the gun on Civ 4. Should I? I only liked Blizzard RTSs so far.[/QUOTE]

Dawn of War 2 is actually very different from the first. It's smaller scale and more squad based with light RPG elements.

[quote name='JUDOHAWK']Civ4 is a good deal, but I already have vanilla and I'm not rebuying it just for the Expansion packs.[/QUOTE]

Wow! Clearly you've never read anything on the expansion packs. Swords alone is worth the price of admission. It's practically a whole new game of Civilization with the additions to gameplay. Not only that but it has Firaxis made mods that ARE whole new games, including a Master of Orion-style strategy game that is incredibly polished. CivIV feels incomplete without having that expansion on it.

Plus, the collection includes Colonization, which is $20 by itself.

If you enjoyed the first one at all, you should be downloading this collection pronto.

Wasn't Civ4 on sale for $5 at Best Buy on Black Friday? Of course if you missed that sale, this is probably your best bet anyway.

[quote name='MagicChicken']If you download Torchlight on D2D when the sale comes, will that version be compatible with Steam and its achievements?[/QUOTE]

Torchlight is on sale at Steam right now for $10 this weekend.

[quote name='MagicChicken']If you download Torchlight on D2D when the sale comes, will that version be compatible with Steam and its achievements?[/QUOTE]
As mentioned before my post, Torchlight is $10 on Steam, so I would highly recommend getting it there this weekend. Who knows, D2D might pull Torchlight at the last minute in favor of another game, so you may as well get it now for the same price D2D will (most likely) be selling it for.

As for Steam compatibility, I don't believe you can activate Torchlight on Steam and therefore get the achievements. They want you to buy from them, so I don't think you'll get much help there. I'd say just pick it up on Steam and you have everything there for the same price.

[quote name='Default09']I didn't like Dawn of War 1. I'm guessing I won't like Dawn of War 2 then. Also, I'm thinking of jumping the gun on Civ 4. Should I? I only liked Blizzard RTSs so far.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='xHOJUx']Dawn of War 2 is actually very different from the first. It's smaller scale and more squad based with light RPG elements.[/QUOTE]

Yeah DOW2 is fairly different from the first. Base building was almost completely removed and it focuses on smaller squad based tactics. I really like the RPG elements they added with the experience, wargear drops, and upgrading your squads stats and abilities. I've been playing a lot of the Last Stand "Horde Mode" that they added in one of the updates. Three heroes vs. waves of enemies = fun!

Steam has a demo if you want to give it a try.

I've heard DoW 2's multiplayer sucks. They mentioned that the unit caps were small so it was slow-paced and boring, the lag was bad, and that it just felt small without the base building.

[quote name='mousebites']torchlight seems worth it. But 10 bucks will go to something else. My comp sucks anyway.[/QUOTE]

From what I heard (I haven't bought/played the game myself), there's some good options for lower-end PCs. I think there's even a "Netbook mode" for it.

bread's done
Back