Direct2Drive - 30 Days of Deal$: Two Worlds II - $24.98

seamoss

CAGiversary!
Feedback
166 (100%)
Direct2Drive is having a 30 Days of Deal$ sale, with one deal per day.

I'll try to keep this post updated with each day's deal as the sale progresses.

Current deal:

Two Worlds II - $24.98

From the game's page:

"Get Two Worlds: Epic Edition for FREE when you purchase Two Worlds II today!!!"

Some of these offers may also be available through the IGN PC Store with an additional 10% off using the coupon code: PCSTORE

This is 30th day so this sale should end tomorrow morning.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Gep88']Question, so Civilization V is supposed to be 40% this week, but the digital deluxe edition is only 29.99, so is it better to get the deluxe edition instead of waiting for the normal edition to go on sale.[/QUOTE]

Seemed to be a pricing error; it was $29.99 for a couple hours last night then went backup to $49.99 this morning. Luckily for me, I snatched it up at the $29.99 price - the 15% off refer coupon + the weshop coupon for around ~$16 after everything.

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']Seemed to be a pricing error; it was $29.99 for a couple hours last night then went backup to $49.99 this morning. Luckily for me, I snatched it up at the $29.99 price - the 15% off refer coupon + the weshop coupon for around ~$16 after everything.[/QUOTE]

crap, I really wanted it, guess you snooze you lose

Hrm, since I paid $8 for my $20 code, I might finally get Sims 3, and then regret it when something awesome comes along on a deal and I don't have my code anymore.

[quote name='seamoss']Magicka - $4.98[/QUOTE]

Says 3rd party DL required. Is this steam activated? Doesnt reference it on the D2D page or steam list of retail games.

I'm 99.9% sure you can (i.e. will have to) activate it on Steam. The game has Steam achievements, leaderboards, valve anti-cheat, etc like other Steamworks games. Also the Amazon page says that it requires Steam and there are plenty of reviews complaining about that fact.

you can absolutely activate it on steam. That is what I did when I bought it from them a while ago. Check my sig for all steam activatable d2d games.

[quote name='pROvIs']Says 3rd party DL required. Is this steam activated? Doesnt reference it on the D2D page or steam list of retail games.[/QUOTE]

Direct2Drive almost never directly references Steam. What you're looking for are these words:

"This title installs and requires a 3rd party download to play."

And there's a little icon that says "3rd Party Download Required".

You see these things on all software D2D sells that require Steam, including Magicka, and today's deal Empire: Total War.

Are they serious with that price? Its a great game yeah, but its old and has been on sale for way cheaper than that before.

[quote name='Terlan']Are they serious with that price? Its a great game yeah, but its old and has been on sale for way cheaper than that before.[/QUOTE]

Yeah and to have it on sale again? I was worried I wouldnt play it after spending 2.50 for it on Steam, but that was an amazing price I guess. Got 12 hours out of it so far.

Does anyone know if Civ V has been cheaper than that before? I really don't have the time to play it right now, and I'm debating whether I should pick it up or wait for another sale.

[quote name='jezz.torrent']Does anyone know if Civ V has been cheaper than that before? I really don't have the time to play it right now, and I'm debating whether I should pick it up or wait for another sale.[/QUOTE]

I don't think so.

[quote name='xdudeboy']I'm not home right now, but can d2d's civ5 be activated on steam?[/QUOTE]

Yes. I bought mine on D2D and downloaded it via Steam. The Steam version is also a dual PC/Mac title.

I see there are number of download packs that cost more. I think I'll wait for a more complete CIV 5 pack so I can ignore a more complete game.

[quote name='sevast']I see there are number of download packs that cost more. I think I'll wait for a more complete CIV 5 pack so I can ignore a more complete game.[/QUOTE]

So your basically saying your going to never buy it? :lol:

Anyways, this is a great deal on civ 5, best I've seen yet. As for the DLC, I don't own any, but I play with a friend who does and you CAN'T, I repeat can't, play the DLC with people online without out it. So basically unless you have a whole bunch of friends with the DLC or like playing with strangers or alone, then you can probably for now skip the DLC stuff. Which is sad, because Civilization 5 is so freaking amazing I would totally buy the DLC for it.

In for Civ 5, forgot to get it from Green Man Gaming a few weeks back. This with the Bunny coupon is close enough and it has to end up on Steam anyways. Will keep my eye on Bulletstorm on Sunday and Napoleon Total War later.

[quote name='littlebigphallus']Eschalon Books 1 and 2 are on sale as well, if anyone's interested ($7.50 and $10 respectively).[/QUOTE]

I just tried Eschalon Book 1 Demo - wow, this feels so old-school...in a good way.

EDIT:
Is Book 1 DRM-FREE from D2D?
I see Book 2 is listed as DRM-FREE.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ogami Itto']So when does Bulletstorm go on sale? It's the 24th already.[/QUOTE]

I think deals change around 9 AM Pacific or so.

So I've only bought stuff from them that works on Steam. Will this work through the GFWL client? I don't want to have to use more than Games for Windows Live, Steam and Impulse. I'm done with keeping track of three.

Its a GFWL game, so yeah. I made out pretty good, Section 8 Prejudice, Bulletstorm, and Witcher 2 for $73.01 after taxes. BUNNY rules today.

[quote name='seamoss']OP updated with today's deal:

DC Universe Online - $24.98
[/QUOTE]

Very tempted on this. I buy all my stuff on steam but for an MMO I guess I could make an exception. Not sure if I should just wait for the steam summer sale though.

[quote name='mikespit1']Very tempted on this. I buy all my stuff on steam but for an MMO I guess I could make an exception. Not sure if I should just wait for the steam summer sale though.[/QUOTE]

I'd say buy it. The steam summer sale might not put this on sale or it might cost the same then since this game came out this year.

The game itself is very fun if your looking for something different in an mmo than all the wow killers that are out there, wish i bought it today then a few days ago so i could save a few extra bucks

DC universe worth it? Never done an MMO before really that hadn't gone Free to Play. Is it still popular? And glaring bugs or problems still?

[quote name='Spyder187']Its actually showing up as 9.99 when i click on the link. Makes it an even better deal IMO.[/QUOTE]

Cool - OP updated with new price - thanks for letting us know. I guess they weren't selling at $19.99...

bread's done
Back