Direct2Drive: Rockstar Week: Grand Theft Auto IV Complete Collection ($9.99)

EliotAndrews

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
Dude, we must be slipping; Direct2Drive started Rockstar Week yesterday, and no one's posted anything.

Monday: Manhunt 2 ($4.99)
Tuesday: Grand Theft Auto Collection ($7.50)
Wednesday: Bully: Scholarship Edition ($3.75)
Thursday: Max Payne Collection ($3.75)
Friday: Grand Theft Auto IV Complete Collection ($9.99)

Monday: Manhunt 2, being an AO-rated game, is hard to come by, so the $4.99 might actually be reasonable. (Depends on how much you like your inappropriate content.)

Wednesday: At that price, I highly recommend Bully.

Last edited by a moderator:
Son of a bitch, I would've totally bought an AO game at $5 just to have it, and I've never even used D2D before. Better luck next time (if ever) I guess.

I'm passing on all of these deals since i felt like i got burned when i bought GTA:SA from GFWL for $3.50 the other day... then steam came out with the whole bundle for a better price. I'm waiting for a steam match + beat.

I ahve 2 questions:

On GFWL, you have to download the game, then do an install... on steam you download the game, and you don't need to install anything, it's already extracted and setup ready to run... how does it wourk on D2D?

Also, have we ever seen a cheaper price on bully on steam?

[quote name='[email protected]']
On GFWL, you have to download the game, then do an install... on steam you download the game, and you don't need to install anything, it's already extracted and setup ready to run... how does it wourk on D2D?
?[/QUOTE]

I have a lot of games which I purchased from D2D. You can download each game's installer from your account page directly; using their client is optional. Actually, when you place your order you get a download link to click to immediately download the installer.

I picked up Bully:SE last night and found that there's a patch available for it (below). I haven't installed the game yet, so I'm unsure if D2D offers the patched game or not already:

Via RockStarWatch.com:

http://www.rockstarwatch.net/news/753/Bully-PC-Patch-1-200-released/

28 Apr Bully PC Patch 1.200 released!
Published April 28th, 2009 at 11:39 AM PST | Posted by AJ Collins | Added to Bully: Scholarship Edition »
A while back, we reported that Bully had a few problems to do with lots of memory on 64-bit versions of Windows and suggested a temporary fix for it. Well today Rockstar has released patch 1.200 for Bully. The patch address this issue, improves the streaming for objects, and fixes random crashes and lock ups. If you have the game from Steam, it should update automatically. However, retail owners will have to download an updater file. Download the patch from the links below for your region.

Download: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish
Download: Japanese
Download: Russian

I'm hoping today is simply all the previous deals; I missed out on a few because of work.

Admittedly, my wallet's probably not going to hold out until the Steam Holiday Sale.

Not really. Besides some graphics options [as well as the ability to play with a keyboard and mouse], the experience is the same. I love the Max Payne games and Remedy's work in general, but the Max Payne series isn't one that can be revisited often. (The gameplay is quite addicting, though.)

I'd recommend heavily for people who haven't played the games before. Those that haven't played the games in about 10 years may want to revisit them. Those that want the games but can wait until the next Steam sale should do so; Steam offers this pack for the same price, usually as a Daily Deal.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Friday's deal! GTA IV Complete $9.95!! Holy crap, I've got GTA IV already on PC but that's pretty damn insane. Will be tempted for sure.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I'm in the same boat. Might the Episodes be cheaper on their own during the Steam Holiday Sale, or is the Complete Edition going to prevent any such thing?

[quote name='mokmoof']Yeah, I'm in the same boat. Might the Episodes be cheaper on their own during the Steam Holiday Sale, or is the Complete Edition going to prevent any such thing?[/QUOTE]

I think that this isn't gonna get any lower, thats a hell of a steal.

Wow, good finish to the weekly sales. Good job D2D. That will be a freaking long download. Don't wait up for it, just go to bed or out on the town.

I think Steam will probably match this during the Holiday Sale. I could be wrong, but I'm willing to take the gamble; I'm in no rush since I already finished GTAIV on the 360.

bread's done
Back