Direct2Drive "Scary Digital Treats" Sale! (Titles range from $4.95 to $19.95)

[quote name='Burchamj']too bad these companies aernt on some kind of price matching kick[/QUOTE]

I know. The Fallout games are cheaper on GOG than they are on Steam, and the reverse is true of the Unreal games.

BTW, one question before I bite, doesn't Direct2Drive only do limited downloads, and no backup?

[quote name='Full Metal XL']Thanks BMXJouster...got the patch and got it going. Fantastic game...can't believe how faithful they were to the pen and paper version. I always wished this came to a console though...I'm so used to console gaming, playing with a mouse & keyboard feels so weird to me. :twisted:[/QUOTE]

No problem. I've never played the P&P version before (heck, I didn't even know it was based on a P&P series until a year after I first got it), so I can't comment on that. But ever since I picked the game up on a whim from Best Buy back in 05 it's been my favorite game of all time (I'll be honest, the cover with Jeanette kind of influenced my decision). Sure it was buggy as hell, but everything else made up for that. I love the characters, the atmosphere, the story, and especially the gameplay (I like how you don't earn XP by killing enemies, but rather by accomplishing objectives). It completely did away with the whole grinding aspect some RPGs can have at times.

I'm glad you enjoy the game though (I'm a mouse and keyboard guy, so the controls don't bother me in the least). Anyone who hasn't played it really needs to pick this one up. ;)

[quote name='cartman414']I know. The Fallout games are cheaper on GOG than they are on Steam, and the reverse is true of the Unreal games.

BTW, one question before I bite, doesn't Direct2Drive only do limited downloads, and no backup?[/QUOTE]

No, with Direct 2 Drive the games are tied to your account. Once you download them, you can back it up onto a blank media for later use. You can also redownload them again if you need to. Check the site's FAQs or Support page for more information.

With bloodlines, the 6.5 patch includes the widescreen patch. If it works, you will see widescreen choices in the options. If widescreen resolutions are not there, you have to manually add those choices in.
A hassle, but a one time deal.
Instructions are here:

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11899

They boil down to:
1. locate the engine.dll and open with a hex editor (free ones are at download.com)
2. Search for a certain string (when using ctrl-f make sure datatype is hex values or it won't search where you want it to)
3. replace your desired resolution or resolutions per the instructions
3a. The instructions are for 1600x1200. My own gaming is 1680x1050, so I would input 90 06 (that's 1680) and then 1A 04 (1050) For other resolutions, use dogpile or whatever to pull up hexadecimal values, remember they need to be flipped when typing in.
4. Save
5. Start the game and your new resolution(s) should be available. If they are not, reread those instructions and make sure you typed the right numbers.
Now the view has to be fixed since it looks distorted
6. Right click on the Vampire shortcut and click on Properties
7. In the target field, at the very end type in -console (on my computer it would look like this: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Vampire - The Masquerade - Bloodlines\vampire.exe" - console
8. Start the game again, and press ~ if the console doesn't automatically pop up
9. enter r_anamorphic 1
10. then enter fov 69
anamorphic is a global chang, fov stays with the saved game, so once you start playing, save a game and load it later, it will still be there. You can remove the -console from the shortcut since you no longer need it or keep it if you prefer.

VAMPIRE THE MASQUERADE: BLOODLINES is a steal for $5! I lived and breathed that game back in Oct-Dec '07 when I got it off Steam for $10. lol I know the year because I still have save files dated back that far.

As for patches, I use Tessmage's True VTMB Patch version 5.04AT, though due to the, uh, "nature" of his other patches/mods I won't link to the site. Just Google it. ^_^

[quote name='Alien Spider']VAMPIRE THE MASQUERADE: BLOODLINES is a steal for $5! I lived and breathed that game back in Oct-Dec '07 when I got it off Steam for $10. lol I know the year because I still have save files dated back that far.

As for patches, I use Tessmage's True VTMB Patch version 5.04AT, though due to the, uh, "nature" of his other patches/mods I won't link to the site. Just Google it. ^_^[/QUOTE]

Those ladies were very, very nude.

bread's done
Back