Direct2Drive Summer Sale: July 1-July 31 (starts at 10 AM tomorrow)

avwjase

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Summer Sale Page

Highlights 7/26

Tales of Monkey Island $17.45
Hector Ep 1 $4.95
Back to the Future $12.50
Tropico 3 $5.95

So, with the Steam summer sale starting today it was easy to forget about Direct2Drive's summer sale. They posted this on Facebook to confirm they will be having one again this year.

Direct2Drive
D2D's Summer Sale will kick off tomorrow at 10 am. We will have 31 days of killer deals. Over 150 games up to 75% off. New deals every day.
The sale starts at 10 am tomorrow and will run for the entire month of July. I have made this post wiki-enabled so that anyone can edit this first post and list the games/deals if they want as it is unlikely I will be able to post them every single day.

With the Steam and D2D summer sales, it is definitely a nice time to be a PC gamer. :)

http://www.direct2drive.com/

Deals for 7/7/11

Fallout 3 GOTY - $9.85 (still - there is uncertainty whether FOSE mods work with this)
F.E.A.R. - $4.95
Koham Warchest - $7.95
Kohan: Immortal Sovereigns- $3.95
Kohan II: Kings of War - $4.75
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - $3.95
Far Cry - $4.95

Oh, my. Competition seems intense between all of the digital distributors. I wonder who will be able to claim king of the hill once it's all said and done. :eek:

@OP: I think your sig is broken. :D

[quote name='immanewb']Oh, my. Competition seems intense between all of the digital distributors. I wonder who will be able to claim king of the hill once it's all said and done. :eek:

@OP: I think your sig is broken. :D[/QUOTE]

Do you mean between the two digital distributors,Steam and the rest?

What I hate about these sales is I have to inventory the games I have on Impulse, D2D, GG, and Steam (maybe even GoG for some) so I don't double dip!

[quote name='Doomtime']I've been buying a lot more from D2D lately so bring on the deals![/QUOTE]

Yeah me too, I like Steam and all but I'm not one of these people who only buys games on Steam.

[quote name='danstabbingworth']I've never used this service before. Do you have to download a client? Or, if I buy an EA game, do I have to use Origin?[/QUOTE]

It's a great service. Just dl the game and activate it with their key. I bought ME2 there and activated it on origin just because I wanted to. but it wasn't necessary.

[quote name='danstabbingworth']I've never used this service before. Do you have to download a client? Or, if I buy an EA game, do I have to use Origin?[/QUOTE]

-No client
-Doesn't require third party software unless mentioned (Titles like New Vegas or Brink only work on Steam)
-All EA games can be downloaded either from D2D, or activated on Origin

I love that everyone is bringing their A-game at Steam's sale time. D2D has had good prices in the past but never as consistently and for such good games as they've had in the last few weeks. Bring it on baby.

Edit: I take it back. What a load of crap for day 1. C'mon D2D! Try harder! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Meh Some of these titles has been cheaper on steam as well as D2D. But I still have hope they may have some decent deals.

Is that how their sale is gonna be. A few games on sale for a week? I thought they might try and compete with steams sale.

[quote name='loomis1975']I don't think they work any more, but you can try the one in my signature.[/QUOTE] I tried yours from another forum. It said it was expired. Man, that sucks if they don't work anymore.

I've seen these cheaper on Steam. Thanks for the post though, will have to continue checking to see what else they offer.

[quote name='Ogami Itto']Yeah me too, I like Steam and all but I'm not one of these people who only buys games on Steam.[/QUOTE]

I go where the deals go, as long as I can basically back-up installers (GOG, Amazon download, G4WL - just do it before you tell it to install) or archive entire game files (Impulse, Steam).

Does anyone know if the D2D version of KOTOR works with the widescreen patch/fix? I know it works on steam, but I just wanted to buy the D2D copy so I don't have to worry about screwing up my steam account/getting it banned.

[quote name='airwalke']Will Civilization 5 be able to be activated under Steam? I noticed Civ 5 was under Steam's list of games can be activated, but only with a certain CD key format. D2D has it for $16.95

http://www.direct2drive.com/9611/product/Buy-Sid-Meier’s-Civilization-V-Download[/QUOTE]

Yes. Civ 5 is a steamworks title and the "3rd Party DRM" on the D2D page just confirms it further -- you simply put your code into steam and it activates on there.

FWIW, I have Civ 5 through D2D and it worked fine for me.

For those that,missed KOTOR on steam yesterday, it's 3.95 today only. http://www.direct2drive.com/496/8380/product/Buy-Star-Wars:whistle2:Knights-of-the-Old-Republic--Download

D2D won't let me buy Civ5 without placing a call to them. What kind of deal is that? I'm using the internet, who requests a phone call to enter a PIN?

I'd pay someone the $17 via PayPal for a Civ 5 steam code since they won't let me buy direct.

D2D was just sold. They don't care, they're not in it to win it now. They're in it to coexist peacefully. And Origin knows they'll soon be the exclusive location for certain digital content, so they know they don't have to try very hard, either.

[quote name='BGriffith']lame deals are lame...at this rate im never going to get rid of my remaining ~$20 credit.[/QUOTE]

It appears they are matching some of the Daily Deal and sale prices found on Steam. I picked up Singularity when they matched the $7.49 daily deal price. I also saw VtM:Bloodlines currently having the same price as Steam.

At this rate it will be quite a while until I get rid of my ~$40 credit.

[quote name='wankerjr']It appears they are matching some of the Daily Deal and sale prices found on Steam. I picked up Singularity when they matched the $7.49 daily deal price. I also saw VtM:Bloodlines currently having the same price as Steam.

At this rate it will be quite a while until I get rid of my ~$40 credit.[/QUOTE]

Yup, especially when your specifically looking for games to add to Steam to have them all in one place! lol

[quote name='BGriffith']Yup, especially when your specifically looking for games to add to Steam to have them all in one place! lol[/QUOTE]

That's true.

Picked up Defense Grid: The Awakening for $4.99 (current Steam sale price) after missing out on the Steam Daily Deal price of $2.50. Figure since I paid "half-price" for the credit, I got it for about the same (minus tax) after cashback. Activated it on Steam too!

Wiki updated.

There was a time I prayed FO3 GOTY would get below $20. I've got 4 of the DLC packs - two pairs at $8 each - to go with my vanilla copy I paid $50 for on launch day, but I'm sorely tempted to get this to have it all. Maybe I could get a few bucks for my DLC discs since I never opened them.

It's a good price and I almost jumped on it myself except did some research and found out that the Fallout Script Extender is not compatible with the D2D version since the .exe are encrypted. The Script Extender is required by many mods to work properly.

http://fose.silverlock.org/

Unfortunately the same goes for Oblivion as well.

http://obse.silverlock.org/

There are likely "circumventions" around this but do so at your own peril.

If you're thinking in dipping into the mods I'd wait for a Steam daily or buy the retail. If you don't care for mods then carry on. :)

Shoot, if FO3 GotY is on sale on D2D, it'll probably go on sale on Steam. But for how much? Maybe it'll even cost more on Steam?

EDIT:

[quote name='Pajama_Man']It's a good price and I almost jumped on it myself except did some research and found out that the Fallout Script Extender is not compatible with the D2D version since the .exe are encrypted. The Script Extender is required by many mods to work properly.

http://fose.silverlock.org/

Unfortunately the same goes for Oblivion as well.

http://obse.silverlock.org/

There are likely "circumventions" around this but do so at your own peril.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that, deal breaker for sure. Will wait for Steam to have it.

bread's done
Back