Direct2Drive Two Worlds II 75% off

thanks I almost did the steam version. How is the multiplayer? That is the only thing I'm interested in.

been out for awhile on pc. fun game but very similar to other wrpg's (divinity II, gothic 3, arcania, etc). expansion just came out too but its 25$ so i'll wait on that.

never put too many hours into it myself since i've played so many, but someday i'll return and pick up the expansion on the cheap.

[quote name='KrizB']I was a video once, -snip-[/QUOTE]

God dammit, I didn't want this game, but after watching that, it looks rad. I see it dropping even further even quicker though, so I may wait this one out.

[quote name='danh920']does anyone know if this will activate on steam or not?[/QUOTE]

No. Usually only Steamworks or Valve games and this is neither.

[quote name='Zorba3']thanks I almost did the steam version. How is the multiplayer? That is the only thing I'm interested in.[/QUOTE]

Seriously? The campaign is terrific!

[quote name='AwRy108']Seriously? The campaign is terrific![/QUOTE]

Ya I get lonely without the multiplayer interaction... Haha. Is it co-op campaign?

If it was Steamworks I'd be on this. $25 is still too much for me to snag it (Steam sale currently) but I refuse to buy PC games that can't be tied to my Steam or Origin accounts at this point.

[quote name='Zorba3']Ya I get lonely without the multiplayer interaction... Haha. Is it co-op campaign?[/QUOTE]

I don't think the campaign is coop, though I do believe that the game does have some type of coop mode; not. 100% sure.

The online multiplayer component is entirely separate from the single player game, meaning that upon first entering online play, players will create an entirely new base level character purely for use in multiplayer modes. Unlike at the start of the single player campaign, players are given the opportunity to choose the race and gender of their character, in addition to the smaller changes allowed in the single player character creator. The main multiplayer component is the Adventure mode; seven unique maps for up to eight players to accomplish given objectives cooperatively. Like in single player, characters can gain experience and skill points to improve their attributes and skills. After the player has accumulated 10,000 auras(the in-game currency), they can participate in Village mode, which allocates them a portion of land in a separate map, in which they can build and upgrade various structures to create a functioning village that can further generate more currency for use in both the Village and Adventure modes.

The other multiplayer modes are based on various player versus player objectives, in which a player's character can be brought into a wide range of maps and game types to compete against other human players online. These include; one on one duels in a small arena, team death matches where two teams of players must reach a certain kill count to win, and “crystal capture” where two team of players must collect a certain number of blue crystal that appear across the chosen map, along with other pickups that can remove or add crystals.

Just bought me a copy of the game. You can burn the .exe to a disc right? Just wondering because my internet is shitty and I would rather have it on Disc.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Just bought me a copy of the game. You can burn the .exe to a disc right? Just wondering because my internet is shitty and I would rather have it on Disc.[/QUOTE]

Um, yeah. I don't see why not. The installer is smaller than a singled DVD, so you could do that. Just make sure you check back for patches available at Direct2Drive before you install each time.

bread's done
Back