Director Moore Quotes Goss on Lack of CIA Credentials

The sad part is that he will probably be confirmed without much opposition because the Democrats don't want to be accused of blocking an important intelligence position right before the election. I'm not convinced he's the most qualified candidate.

[quote name='Quackzilla']I think that the CIA is going to "find" chemical and nuklear weapons in Iran now.

Ain't politiks the darndest thing?[/quote]

dubya-clapboard.jpg

I don't have the language skills. I, you know, my language skills were romance languages and stuff. We're looking for Arabists today. I don't have the cultural background probably

My god, did this guy go to the same elementary school as Bush or something? His eloquence is staggering.

I really don't trust Moore at all and everyone should take wahtever he says with a huge grain of salt. As for his language the story seems to have bad grammar in all his quotes for some reason. "I couldn't get a job with CIA today"
I don't believe I've ever seen a quote like that without "the" in front of CIA. I think these wuotes from Moore were probably slightly paraphrased to make him sound more unintelligent.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']I really don't trust Moore at all and everyone should take wahtever he says with a huge grain of salt. As for his language the story seems to have bad grammar in all his quotes for some reason. "I couldn't get a job with CIA today"
I don't believe I've ever seen a quote like that without "the" in front of CIA. I think these wuotes from Moore were probably slightly paraphrased to make him sound more unintelligent.[/quote]

Go to www.michaelmoore.com

There is a quick video clip interview with him and all the quotes in the article are accurate. The quotes do sound better spoken rather than written out. And by better, I mean less Bush-like.

Yeah he sounds more knowledge in the interview. It's hard to tell if he says Arabics or Arabists (does sound a lot like Arabists however) though and writing out the word "uh" in the article makes him sound unintellignet as well. Most journalists would probably omit that in attempt to make the quote easier for reader if nothing else.

Seems to me that this is still just some mudslinging attmepts by Moore and I'm sure there is a big chunk of deception involved (I noticed we got about a whole 10 seconds of interview there). I like how Moore starts his quote at the end with "The reality is"...seeing how what he does typically involves little of what really happens.

Personally, I think its a whole lot better when the people in charge know what they don't know. He sounds like he's capable of a realistic assessment of his skills, so when he's dealing with a situation outside of his expertise, he'll be willing to get outside help. There's nothing worse than a boss who thinks he knows everything - they usually wind up screwing everything up because they're too arrogant to ask for advice from those who actually do know.

[quote name='Drocket']Personally, I think its a whole lot better when the people in charge know what they don't know. He sounds like he's capable of a realistic assessment of his skills, so when he's dealing with a situation outside of his expertise, he'll be willing to get outside help. There's nothing worse than a boss who thinks he knows everything - they usually wind up screwing everything up because they're too arrogant to ask for advice from those who actually do know.[/quote]

That was the mentality in the 80s - hire a manager with an MBA to manage a bunch of engineers. The manager didn't have to know anything about what the engineers did. That later turned out to be a bad idea, and now we're back to having managers who know something about what their employees are doing.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']Yeah he sounds more knowledge in the interview. It's hard to tell if he says Arabics or Arabists (does sound a lot like Arabists however) though and writing out the word "uh" in the article makes him sound unintellignet as well. Most journalists would probably omit that in attempt to make the quote easier for reader if nothing else.

Seems to me that this is still just some mudslinging attmepts by Moore and I'm sure there is a big chunk of deception involved (I noticed we got about a whole 10 seconds of interview there). I like how Moore starts his quote at the end with "The reality is"...seeing how what he does typically involves little of what really happens.[/quote]

Did Michael Moore write the quotes down or did the reporter transcribe the video clip? It's unclear from the article so I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that MM was trying to pull one over on everyone (especially considering he has made the clip available for anyone to see).

Well either way Moore supplied said clip. Yeah the reporter may have been going for completely direct quotes and transcribed them exactly, it's very possible. But neither in the clip nor the story do we ever learn what the actual question was or if there was anykind of followup statement. Whether or not the reporter transcribed the quotes, doesn't clear up any attempt at deception or manipulation on Moore's part. It just doesn't make for unbiased, reliable newsworthy info IMO, then again little does anymore.

bread's done
Back