Directors Label Series Box Set

m0nkeybl1tz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey, has anyone watched these? They're basically a collection of all the short films/music videos directed by the people at the top of this field, including Spike Jonze (Being John Malkovich, Adaptation) and Michel Gondry (Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind), plus documentaries about all the directors. It looks very cool (I'm into film), but they're normally very expensive ($40 for vol. 1 and $60 for vol. 2). However, at the DDD 20% off sale, they'd only be $25 and $40. Anyone seen these? They any good?

The first set is excellent. Particularly Gondry's documentry.

The second set was complete shit. When I looked at Anton Corbijn (vol. 6)..I thought to myself that of the material I have seen, I was impressed. So why wouldn't his other material be great?

I was mistaken. Completely mistaken.

I agree, the first set is amazing. Unfortunately, the second set was not nearly as entertaining. I'd strongly encourage you to get the first set, and only the first set.

[quote name='m0nkeybl1tz']Ok, now this is irksome: they say neither of them are out until Nov. 22. Think this is something I should contact them over?[/QUOTE]

yes. and tell me when you get them to fix the website.

bread's done
Back