Dirt 2 (360) 14.99 at Amazon w/FSSS

bruceg

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MPoWeRM3']Decent deal but to be honest, there really hasn't been a very fun rally game since RalliSport 2. It was such a fun rally game both offline and online and was the game that got me signed up on Xbox Live some 7 years ago. It's also one of the last rally games that ran at 60fps. I don't understand why all the current rally games all run at 30fps. It's just an eye sore when playing racing games at 30. Even though this game and its price is decent right now, I'd save and use the money on the upcoming GT5 next month. Sure it's not a fully blown rally game but has rally segments + many other motorsport segments, and it will run at 60fps at 1080p.[/QUOTE]As a big rally fan Dirt 2 is OK, but the lack of alot of pure rally, the looser controls and the lack of hillclimb are bummers, but for a racing fan in general I really recommend it. Despite the lacking elements for pure rally I really enjoy this game and still play it offline and online.

RSC2 was really awesome. I wish someone would include Ice Racing like RSC2 did. Also, I'm interested in GT5's rally segments as they were good in previous games, but don't forget that there is a new WRC game coming down the pipe. First looks have held promise so let's just hope Black Bean or whoever it is does a good job.

If anyone wants to race in Dirt2 add JDawgg77 on live.

I think rally games sell better in europe. Specially on PS3, so I think codemasters are going by that in their pricing structure.

I did a quick scan but didn't see it mentioned; I saw Dirt 2 at Kmart yesterday for this same price. Must be a universal drop. If you've got some Kmart's gaming coupons, it could make this an even sweeter deal.

Everyones dropping the price on this game but its no where to be had... No gamestops in a 100 mile radius has the game and none of my best buys have it in stock... I am not buying from Amazon... Not doing it.

[quote name='titanzguard']Everyones dropping the price on this game but its no where to be had... No gamestops in a 100 mile radius has the game and none of my best buys have it in stock... I am not buying from Amazon... Not doing it.[/QUOTE]

Isn't it usually the other way around for retailer preferences? :lol:

I would usually take Amazon but in this case id like to play it tonight and have both Reward coupons at BB and have game coupons for KMart.

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']Nice. DX11 game and .... wtf, core2quad minimum?[/QUOTE]

well the game runs at over 40 fps on my system and I only have a core2duo @ 3.2 Ghz

so I dont think the minimum actually has to be a quad.

(THEN AGAIN I HAVE ONLY PLAYED THE DEMO SO FAR)

[quote name='Hardware']From my Amazon Order. Delivery Estimate: October 27, 2010 - November 3, 2010

I'm so glad I paid $79 for Prime.[/QUOTE]
You're two days late on the deal and they don't have it in stock and you're bitching?

I got it the first day posted and it's out for delivery right now

so if you find a copy of dirt 2 new at gamestop will it still be $15?

weird that the website doesn't let you check stock at local stores.. will do some sleuthing today.

[quote name='jiggawhat']This is 14.99 (PS3) new at GoHastings.[/QUOTE]

And... already OOS!

if anyone is contemplating on whether to get this game for console or PC I must say that is fucking beautiful on the PC !!

Direct X 11 is da shit.

EDIT: plus it is only $9.99 and you dont have to wait for shipping.

[quote name='Brother Daz']$14.99 at bestbuy.com also (PS3)[/QUOTE]

Yes, but for store pickup only and, just as an example, not available at the 6 stores within 30 miles of me - so probably not too common anywhere else either. It does seem that the PS3 version is pretty scarce.

[quote name='io']Yes, but for store pickup only and, just as an example, not available at the 6 stores within 30 miles of me - so probably not too common anywhere else either. It does seem that the PS3 version is pretty scarce.[/QUOTE]

The online checker does not show items if they only have 1-2 copies left. So your stores may have one or two, but they may not. Doesn't hurt to call and make sure.

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']if anyone is contemplating on whether to get this game for console or PC I must say that is fucking beautiful on the PC !!

Direct X 11 is da shit.

EDIT: plus it is only $9.99 and you dont have to wait for shipping.[/QUOTE]

PC version will not work with my Xbox 360 Wireless Racing Wheel so I went with the console version. I agree it looks a lot better but I would rather have the functionality of a wheel than better graphics. Codemasters support sucks. Basically told me it "should" work. Seems a lot of poeple had the same problem.

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']if anyone is contemplating on whether to get this game for console or PC I must say that is fucking beautiful on the PC !!

Direct X 11 is da shit.

EDIT: plus it is only $9.99 and you dont have to wait for shipping.[/QUOTE]

Beautiful yes, if you have a gaming pc that can run it well. I dont have that problem and grabbed it for $6 during the direct2drive sale, but with no controller it sucks.

Even if I went out and got a wired 360 controller or wireless adapter I'd still be playing it on my 24" screen, albeit at 1920x1080.

I've been waiting for a good deal on dirt 2 for 360. Most frys in OC have it in stock. The anaheim store had 2, I got one for $14.99 plus tax though. Maybe doesn't look as good on the pc but I'd say the experience is much better on a console when it comes to racing games. Unless you hook your pc to your hdtv and get a wire controller.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']The online checker does not show items if they only have 1-2 copies left. So your stores may have one or two, but they may not. Doesn't hurt to call and make sure.[/QUOTE]

True, but in this case I checked RSS and it indeed shows no copies at the 20 or so stores in the region. It's dead, Jim.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']This game is dropping 15 all over and it's rare. This is insane.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't call selling 730k+ copies alone on the 360 rare (World Wide) and a price drop of this stature means it wasn't in very high demand. Though at $15 I am tempted for sure (though my friend said Dirt 3 is already in the works for next year, so I'm holding at $10 or even less or not getting it at all.)

http://pc.ign.com/articles/111/1110842p1.html Yeap, Dirt 3 preview posted by IGN in August. It's out next year.

If you want it for $10 or less don't forget it's 9.99 used at Blockbuster. You could also keep an eye on it at TRU. It's currently 24.98 and there's 25% off all clearance items thru 10/17 and a B2G1 soon. Getting three 24.98 games with both deals makes each game around 13 or wait for a price drop.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']I wouldn't call selling 730k+ copies alone on the 360 rare (World Wide) and a price drop of this stature means it wasn't in very high demand. Though at $15 I am tempted for sure (though my friend said Dirt 3 is already in the works for next year, so I'm holding at $10 or even less or not getting it at all.)

http://pc.ign.com/articles/111/1110842p1.html Yeap, Dirt 3 preview posted by IGN in August. It's out next year.[/QUOTE]

I don't recommend you passing up what is possibly one of the BEST racers on the 360. At $15, this is damn worth it.

Just my .02. :)

Glad I checked out this thread. All the Fry's stores in my area have it in stock. I just ordered it for in-store pick up. I remember playing the demo and game reeked of quality and fun.

bread's done
Back