Dirt 2 (PC) $4.95 at Direct2Drive

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']If you have a wheel, that's a great price for a great game.

If you don't have a wheel, I'd pass.[/QUOTE]

While I love using a wheel, the Xbox 360 controller also works perfectly in this game and is fun to use.

It controls pretty well with a 360 controller though. Quite a good price. GFWL though so if you have a history of issues you may wan't to avoid it.

What's with the hate in here? "If you don't have a wheel, don't buy it. It has GFWL, don't buy it." The only caveat I'd offer is that you want a beefy PC to really get the pretty out of it. I played the heck out of it before I got bored of the limited track selection in some locations (e.g. London), but it's definitely worth $5. You'd pay more at McDonald's for lunch and have less fun with it.

Got it through Steam's holiday sale for the same price and it's the best rally game this generation, period. However, it still can't compare to the last gen king RalliSport 2 on the original Xbox, but what can. ;) and there's no sequal for it so Dirt series will have to do. It runs fine on my Radeon 5670 at 1920x1200 with all effects on high with decent framerate (40-45). I'd like 60fps on racing games but not with my hardware. At least it's on par with console versions for framerate but much prettier. There are occational frame drop during rallycross but it's ok. 360 pad works just like it should. Don't really need wheel. As for GFWL, I have few games on it, including this one, and still have yet to see what the fuss is all about. It works like a pre NXE Xbox Live and actually works with the 360 wireless headset, unlike Steam.

bread's done
Back