Dirt 3: Complete Edition sku converted to used at Gamestop - YMMV

argyle

CAGiversary!
Feedback
124 (100%)
Didn't see a thread on this - just left GS with a minty fresh "used" copy of Dirt 3: Complete Edition, the manager there told me they were told last night to convert the new ones to used. That makes it $24.99, and also eligible for the $10 off coupon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, CE = Complete Edition. I'll edit my post, didn't realize there was ever a collector's edition of this game.

I doubt it's the "Collectors" edition with the RC car! It's probably the "Complete" edition with the extra in-game content.

[quote name='argyle']Sorry, CE = Complete Edition. I'll edit my post, didn't realize there was ever a collector's edition of this game.[/QUOTE]
Thanks man, I hoped you were talking about the complete edition. Had my eye on it for a couple of weeks now. Maybe Ill just grab it with the credit I have left for GS.

Would this be universal or YMMV? According to their website my local GS has "new" copies but no "used" and I'm only interested if I can use the coupon...

This is great timing if true for all locations, will use my PUR coupon for $10 off $20 used game purchase when I manage to get to a store. Thanks OP!

[quote name='crunchewy']Apparently the RC car was actually a genuinely good one, though, not a cheap one. At least if I'm recalling correctly.[/QUOTE]
It was when they first announced it, but then they came back saying it wouldnt have the better engine and a few other down graded parts. Even then it was still a decent car, but not as good as it should have been.

BTW, something is screwy with the PS3 version of this game. I'm guessing. I don't know, this is REALLY messed up, and I'm tired of fighting it.

I bought this game new last Sunday. Well, it was "new but opened" per the usual w/ Gamestop. Got it home and the disk looked like the standard edition. No special markings at all. So I took it back, that was the only disk they had so I just got a refund. Bought this one today, checked it before I left the parking lot and it looks like the standard disk too, so I go back in. The manager finds a still shrinkwrapped copy of the game & opens it just to see, and it has the exact same disk in it. The 360 one, btw, has a gold ring around the outside of the disk - I've seen it myself a few times now.

So I figure if the shrink wrapped one looks the same, maybe the PS3 version just has a the regular looking disk for some reason. I get it home, boot it up and there's absolutely no sign of bonus content, nothing in the menus anywhere that says "Complete Edition", nothing. Now I'm really baffled. So I call a THIRD store and ask if they have it, the guy verifies that the do. I ask him to look at the disk & see if it has the gold ring. He comes back & says it just says Dirt 3, looks like the regular disk.

So screw it, I'm keeping the thing & moving on. No idea if I'd ever play the extra stuff or not anyway but...man, how is it possible that 3 stores would have the wrong disk in the case, and one of them in a shrinkwrapped copy???

If anyone owns the PS3 Complete Edition and can shed some light on this, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Still rang up $29.99 here. I bought it anyway because after failing to get it the regular edition at Best Buy w/ that coupon, and it being the last copy left at Gamestop, I've had enough chasing this game.

[quote name='argyle']

I get it home, boot it up and there's absolutely no sign of bonus content, nothing in the menus anywhere that says "Complete Edition", nothing. [/QUOTE]

That's just the way it is. If you look at the what the DLC is, then go to the appropriate event and whatnot, you will see you have access to the content. For example: Go to singleplayer> trailblazer and you'll see that you have the Camaro SSX Concept.

[quote name='VexxedCS']Still rang up $29.99 here. I bought it anyway because after failing to get it the regular edition at Best Buy w/ that coupon, and it being the last copy left at Gamestop, I've had enough chasing this game.[/QUOTE]

Damn. According to the stock locator on the website, no stores have any "used" copies. I guess this makes sense if the website is not updated yet. I was hoping I could go to GS and ring up a new copy and it would show up as a $24.99 pre-owed game. Should I wait until my GS converts it by putting the on the pre-owned stickers?

Ok...just called two different GameStops and both of them said $30 for a new copy. Also, this matches the current price for the website. A used copy is going for $24.99 online as well as in store. So looks like OP got lucky or my GS doesn't know anything.

[quote name='VexxedCS']That's just the way it is. If you look at the what the DLC is, then go to the appropriate event and whatnot, you will see you have access to the content. For example: Go to singleplayer> trailblazer and you'll see that you have the Camaro SSX Concept.[/QUOTE]

Well, I guess that answers my question 100% then - I went to that event, and the Camaro SSX Concept is greyed out & it has a red "BUY" circle on it. It's completely nuts that every copy of this game I come across is mixed up, but oh well - $15 is what I would have paid for the standard version from BB anyway, and I would have had to drive a bit to get to a BB that had it in stock.

EDIT: Sorry to see no one else is seeing this deal, tho I guess technically I didn't either. :p I've decided this game is somehow cursed.

I went to GS and it rang up $29.99. The manager didn't confirm or deny the "converted to pre-owned" thing I "heard" about.

I already have a new copy of the standard version I got for I think $9.99 black friday at Bestbuy.com, so it's all good. I would just like a discount on the DLC.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']I went to GS and it rang up $29.99. The manager didn't confirm or deny the "converted to pre-owned" thing I "heard" about.

I already have a new copy of the standard version I got for I think $9.99 black friday at Bestbuy.com, so it's all good. I would just like a discount on the DLC.[/QUOTE]
It was more like $14 or $15 from Best Buy when a bunch of us got in on that deal but I traded it in because I felt that gamers got screwed out of the stuff that should have been part of the main game. Seems like too much of a hassle trying to track down a converted copy so I'll just pass.

Yeah, I had the same problem as you argyle. Found one copy, got it for roughly $12 (between the coupon, the $2 off for PowerUp Rewards members) and brought it home. Opened it up and saw it was the regular Dirt 3 disc, checked on Youtube for an unboxing video, saw that the Complete Edition has a gold ring and immediately took it back.

Lost my coupon and points in the process because someone out there traded in the regular game with a Complete Edition box. Boourns.

[quote name='PublikDefender']It was more like $14 or $15 from Best Buy when a bunch of us got in on that deal but I traded it in because I felt that gamers got screwed out of the stuff that should have been part of the main game. Seems like too much of a hassle trying to track down a converted copy so I'll just pass.[/QUOTE]

You're right. It was $14.99.

It's definitely a hassle to find one. I have to remember to keep checking the stock locator. If I ever do find one, I'll make sure it has the gold ring before I purchase it. I would just give up, but now I have one of those $10 coupons to use and there's nothing else I want over $19.99.

Told there was no conversion at two stores, although one had a complete copy used for 25, 12.50 after coupon and PUR. Guy got out a scratched up disc. I noticed it looked like the regular disc and he looks again. This time he has a disc with a gold ring on it which I figured would be the complete disc. Can it really not have "complete" written on it somewhere? Luckily the disc was in better shape. Too bad the pass was used, but I was just going to sell or trade it anyway. Now to trade the vanilla copy in to BB for $16!

[quote name='argyle']BTW, something is screwy with the PS3 version of this game. I'm guessing. I don't know, this is REALLY messed up, and I'm tired of fighting it.

I bought this game new last Sunday. Well, it was "new but opened" per the usual w/ Gamestop. Got it home and the disk looked like the standard edition. No special markings at all. So I took it back, that was the only disk they had so I just got a refund. Bought this one today, checked it before I left the parking lot and it looks like the standard disk too, so I go back in. The manager finds a still shrinkwrapped copy of the game & opens it just to see, and it has the exact same disk in it. The 360 one, btw, has a gold ring around the outside of the disk - I've seen it myself a few times now.

So I figure if the shrink wrapped one looks the same, maybe the PS3 version just has a the regular looking disk for some reason. I get it home, boot it up and there's absolutely no sign of bonus content, nothing in the menus anywhere that says "Complete Edition", nothing. Now I'm really baffled. So I call a THIRD store and ask if they have it, the guy verifies that the do. I ask him to look at the disk & see if it has the gold ring. He comes back & says it just says Dirt 3, looks like the regular disk.

So screw it, I'm keeping the thing & moving on. No idea if I'd ever play the extra stuff or not anyway but...man, how is it possible that 3 stores would have the wrong disk in the case, and one of them in a shrinkwrapped copy???

If anyone owns the PS3 Complete Edition and can shed some light on this, I'd greatly appreciate it.[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me. I looked at the disc, saw that it didn't say Complete Edition and the GS employee shows me a gutted new one and it was the same so I thought it was the right version. One of the unboxing videos on youtube also shows the regular disc.

bread's done
Back