Dirty Harry Collection $26 at amazon.co.uk

monoxide101

CAGiversary!
Saw this over at SD and thought it deserved a mention. Dirty Harry Collection.

Also of note: Black Sheep is under $10 and cinemasquid.com lists it as region free, as does the amazon uk site. (This is the New Zealand horror-comedy about zombie sheep, not the Farley/Spade comedy)

If you are a Terry Pratchett fan, "Unseen Academicals" is available in mass market paperback for ~$5. The mass market isn't due over here until Sept. 28

This is a great deal. It was 27.XX shipped for me, however shipping costs per set go down for multiples. For 3, it was 25.10 a set. I figured my friends and I could save a little money instead of us ordering seperately.

So is it not an issue that on amazon.co.uk site it says Format: PAL? I don't see a region encoding..... I really want to get this but just need a bit more info I guess.

(EDIT: I use a PS3 for my blu ray player if that makes a difference) Also, even if it will play, I want to make sure it is the same high quality as the US NTSC release. Thanks.

Saw this on slickdeals and swooped it up fast. Nice set. Definitely let this series slip through somehow.

[quote name='dsimmelink']So is it not an issue that on amazon.co.uk site it says Format: PAL? I don't see a region encoding..... I really want to get this but just need a bit more info I guess.

(EDIT: I use a PS3 for my blu ray player if that makes a difference) Also, even if it will play, I want to make sure it is the same high quality as the US NTSC release. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

According to the different blu-ray comparability sites, these movies are region free. Someone in the slickdeals thread said they had ordered it earlier and it plays fine. If it doesn't, there's going to be a lot of unhappy people.

Hi All-another resource to check if a BD from another region is unlocked is blurayregioncodes.com. If there is an issue with standard def extras being coded in PAL, there'll be a "note" next to the title. So for the UK titles you'd click on "Region B" and scroll to the title to see if if it is region free. Amazon ports BD info from SD record, so don't go by that. Amazon UK has about 20 boxsets and many BD's that are significantly cheaper than US counterpart,and many have been that way since last year. Happy deal hunting!:)

Yeah, it's weird how much cheaper some of the sets are. DVD sets too, if you have a player that can play them. Unfortunately, the Torchwood sets are region locked and they are the only ones that I'd really like to have.

bread's done
Back