Disappointing news for N64 Virtual Console games

Yeah. :( SF64 has the best rumble moment in any game. Hit the switches, train into the fuel depot! New set of batteriest required to continue!! ;)

Question: Does the classic controller have rumble?

Also: If you are using your Wavebird, then it wouldn't of mattered. Your regular GCN controller.. then, that's a different story.

Essentially the rumble is lacking only for people using the standard GameCube controller. Neither the Wavebird nor the Classic Controller have rumble.

That's a little dissapointing, not for games that enhance it but for games that sometimes required it like Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

Edit - Well, no N64 game really required it. But for completeness (finding every nook and cranny), OoT needed it for the Stone of Agony.

I thought everyone used a Wavebird with GC anyway. I haven't used the original controller since...can't even remember.

who fucking cares? all the rumble is for are you lame asses who play games with your controller in your lap so you can get off on playing video games.

[quote name='porieux']I thought everyone used a Wavebird with GC anyway. I haven't used the original controller since...can't even remember.[/quote]

I've never used a Wavebird before. I was never that hard-pressed for a wireless controller.

um quick question because it probably doesn't need its own thread, will the cube controller work with virtual console games? Because if so I may as well pick up a hori digital controller and save myself a few bucks or something.

[quote name='SpookyD']um quick question because it probably doesn't need its own thread, will the cube controller work with virtual console games? Because if so I may as well pick up a hori digital controller and save myself a few bucks or something.[/QUOTE]

Supposedly. Now we are reading about that some games/"Systems" won't be able to use the GCN controller. We'll see.

I think they might be saying this so we all dish out the extra $20 for a Classic Controller. Oh oh, also I wouldn't be surprised when we ALL get a few classic controllers..that Nintendo decides to release a wireless classic controller.

And then in 4 different colors after that.

[quote name='lilboo']Supposedly. Now we are reading about that some games/"Systems" won't be able to use the GCN controller. We'll see.

I think they might be saying this so we all dish out the extra $20 for a Classic Controller. Oh oh, also I wouldn't be surprised when we ALL get a few classic controllers..that Nintendo decides to release a wireless classic controller.

And then in 4 different colors after that.[/quote]And it'd be expensive as hell, no thanks.

Actually, nevermind. They won't make a wireless one. It would suffer from similar problems as the PS2 Guitar Hero controller. Yeah, there's an adapter to use that on the PS3, but you have to switch it to a PS2 controller in order to do the start-up things, and then it doesn't recognize it when you switch it back to the guitar. Something goofy like that. Essentially, to have a wireless classic controller, the classic controller would have to be usable in place of the remote to START the VC game in the first place; or some goofy configuration where it's sync'd to the second controller spot.

Unless they introduce some unimaginable wireless communication between attachments and the remote, which is just bordering on silly.

[quote name='White-Wolf']hell, emulaters for the n64 rumble via force feedback plugins, thats lame.[/QUOTE]

Yeah... and those roms are free too... Nintendo is just screwing us by charging us for things that the internet provides for free... anyway....

I'm just trying to remember how many N64 games that had rumble that really mattered, like OoT. In the case of that game, you can try to track down the Zelda collection disc for the GC, and that supports Rumble... so other than games like Star Fox and the like... I don't think we're missing out on all that much.

[quote name='stnkygrngo']who fucking cares? all the rumble is for are you lame asses who play games with your controller in your lap so you can get off on playing video games.[/QUOTE]

Yes.

Yes, that must be it.

Sans a couple games, I don't mind too much that the rumble feature won't be supported for 64 games.

[quote name='stnkygrngo']who fucking cares? all the rumble is for are you lame asses who play games with your controller in your lap so you can get off on playing video games.[/QUOTE]

Found me out. Nothing gets me off like Slippy's vaguely homosexual musings....

[quote name='psunami']Yeah... and those roms are free too... Nintendo is just screwing us by charging us for things that the internet provides for free... anyway....

I'm just trying to remember how many N64 games that had rumble that really mattered, like OoT. In the case of that game, you can try to track down the Zelda collection disc for the GC, and that supports Rumble... so other than games like Star Fox and the like... I don't think we're missing out on all that much.[/quote]

"The internet provides for free"... illegally.
You're a fool if you actually believe Nintendo isn't going to sic the lawyers on of every single site, server, hosting company, etc hosting NES, SNES and N64 images after this launches and they become a worthwhile commodity again.

[quote name='JSweeney']"The internet provides for free"... illegally.
You're a fool if you actually believe Nintendo isn't going to sic the lawyers on of every single site, server, hosting company, etc hosting NES, SNES and N64 images after this launches and they become a worthwhile commodity again.[/QUOTE]

I was being sarcastic.

I don't think it's fair for people to compare emulation to titles that you're actually purchasing from the vendor. If someone takes the time to figure out how to emulate rumble support in N64 titles... bully for them.

[quote name='simplygriff']Isn't the classic controller already wireless? It connects to the Wiimote correct?
-G[/QUOTE]

Yep. Just like the Nunchuck.

That's lame, I fondly remember getting excited everytime the controller rumbled in Zelda OoT... I knew I had found another secret... now I'll never find them. :(

[quote name='JSweeney']"The internet provides for free"... illegally.
You're a fool if you actually believe Nintendo isn't going to sic the lawyers on of every single site, server, hosting company, etc hosting NES, SNES and N64 images after this launches and they become a worthwhile commodity again.[/QUOTE]

Quick, get your romsets now!. In all seriousness though, I'm excited about the VC. So much more convenient to play on the couch w/ a controller than on the PC w/ a keyboard or gamepad. Multiplayer will be easier to play on VC also.

[quote name='stnkygrngo']who fucking cares? all the rumble is for are you lame asses who play games with your controller in your lap so you can get off on playing video games.[/quote]

Ignore list +1.

bread's done
Back