Disaster Report 2 to be a Tsunami

I hope they really work out the in-game slow downs from the first one. I am really enjoying the first game and looking forward to the sequal.

[quote name='smalien1']http://ps2.ign.com/objects/703/703781.html?ui=gamefinder

I noticed this was on IGN before the tsunami, and had been tracking it, I sort of forgot about it untill now when I was looking at my IGN wishlist. Probably cancelled do to the real Tsunami, but its strange that they were going to pick that disaster.[/quote]

I don't think iit'll be cancelled, delayed maybe, and Tsunamis aren't that uncommon in Japan and surrounding areas so it's not really all that strange.

Jamba Juice stopped selling their drink "Strawberry Tsunami". At least my local one took it off the menu.

Metal Gear Solid 2 was almost not bought to america because of 9/11 as well. (It had the two towers in intro)

The 1st Spiderman trailer was cancelled for the same reason.

wtf? not bring metal gear solid 2 to america? thats a great a laugh, like Konami is really gonna lose that much marketing and marketing potential! Maybe delay it a few weeks to remove the scene but i dont think they ever wanted NOT to bring it here.

[quote name='punqsux']if they cancel this because of the tsunami, that'd be weak.[/quote]

yeah, I'd even go as far to say it would be SUPER-weak.

Funny that at the end of the first Disaster Report....

*spoilers ahead*

You have to deal with a tsunami hitting the island you are on.

Just finished it about 45 minutes ago.

[quote name='PsyClerk']Funny that at the end of the first Disaster Report....

*spoilers ahead*

You have to deal with a tsunami hitting the island you are on.

Just finished it about 45 minutes ago.[/quote]

Whoa, I guess there are different endings then, or I just don't remember.

Don't you guys know that ever since 9/11 the towers never existed! And the word "Terrorist" was never used in the movie E.T.? And now tsunamis don't happen dammit!

[quote name='62t']They did cancel a Dreamcast game because of 9/11, so it is possible they will cancel it.[/quote]

I also heard they cancelled Propeller Arena because they didn't want to release it so late in the system's life and have bad sales so they used 9/11 as an excuse. I'm not sure if it's true though.

I'm not sure they would throw away all of that work because of an unfortunate natural disaster. I'm sure the release will just be postponed to a later date. As a lot of people said, similar things happened after 9/11. where things were edited or delayed. Also, if you remember back in 1995, I believe Die Hard With A Vengance (the film) was delayed after the Oklahoma City bombing.

I mean, really, with all the time spent on development, would the developers and publishers just cancel the game because of the tsunami? Hell, Fox didn't pull "The Day After Tomorrow" DVD's and videos off the shelf after the disaster occured, so I doubt this game would be cancelled. Delayed, but probably not cancelled.

bread's done
Back