Disc repair machine?

evilmrhenry

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
I'm in the market for a machine to repair discs. My budget is very roughly $100ish. I'd like the consumables cost to be low, as well. Recommendations?

Good luck with that as the JFJ company makes an Easy Pro model, which is about $50 OVER your budget.

http://www.jfjeasypro.com/

Most times I think you only get small 'starter' bottles of the various buffing agents and such too.

Here's the supplies you get with the machine I listed above:

(1) Repair Machine
(2) Easy Pro buffing pads - White
(1) 4oz. Easy Pro Solution #1 - Blue
(1) 4oz. Easy Pro Solution #2 - White
(1) Disc plate
(2) Easy Pro black sanding pads
(3) Coarse sand Paper - Black
(3) Soft sand paper - Gray
(1) Anti-static spray
(1) Cleaning cloth - 3 pcs

If you don't mind a swirled pattern on your discs(which these pro buffing machines ALSO leave on discs 90% of the time)I'd just go with a Disc Doctor for $20-30 or so.

*Very* approximately. There appears to be a ~$30 market, a ~$100 market, and a ~$500+ market, and I'm not looking for a ~$500 machine.

The only thing you really should know about the disc 'repair' machines(if you don't know it already) is that they don't actually fill in the scratches but rather take layers from the disc until the disc looks like it's scratch free.

If you intend on using the machine you get on Blu-Ray discs, be warned that removing the top protective coating that makes them pretty scratch resistant makes them EASIER to scratch than even a normal CD.

Alright, I got the SIMO machine, and tried it out. The center half of the disc gets repaired alright, but the outer half still has scratches, even though I'm treating both disc buffers the same. Is there some secret to this?

EDIT: The outer pad is recessed an extra 1/16 of an inch from the inner pad.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back