Discounts stacking on gamestop.com

electrichead

CAG Veteran
So in the last two days I've placed two orders on gamestop's website and managed to get multiple discounts. I got my power up rewards, the cag16 code, and a new code that was offered to me when I went to the website 15free, which offers free shipping and 15% off on orders of $29.99.

I've noticed that last night when I was on the website it quit allowing them to stack, but this morning I tried again and got it. It looks like its kind of random when it will allow them to stack. Earlier it wouldn't allow my power up discount, then when I refreshed it returned.

My first order was ff13-2, and transformers war for cybertron ps3 versions, came to $30.30 in total. Just placed one for asura's wrath and xmen destiny for the same amount.

I got all everything applied to one order and got blood drive, jimmie johnson's and kung fu panda 2 for $30 shipped (im a trophy hunter). This is WAY better than a b2g1 because you don't have to find 3 decent priced games at the same price to maximize that deal which is like almost an impossibility at gamestop.

For some reason, earlier, it let me apply cag16 and 15free together in an order but when I tried to do it now it wouldn't work. I tried adding them in a different order but it won't work anyway. =\

EDIT: Never mind, I got it to work by adding a game then removing it like a previous poster said. I just got the DBZ HD collection for 27.79 which includes the tax. Way better than paying 34 dollars for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
15free works on consoles like the Wii U.

Can't get it to stack with the GoW: Saga promo with GoW: Ascension still. It'll apply only if Saga is taken out of cart. Seems like you can only get a discount on one (15free) or the other (free Saga) and not both.

[quote name='slidecage']15FREE

even works with PREORDERS

Put a 29.99 or higher game into your cart (What you must buy)

you can add preorders and get discounts off those as well

NOW If the preorders really ship is another topic[/QUOTE]
I tried, but it didn't show the price reduction.

15free coupon states it is for instock games.

[quote name='Remoe']Add a game that 15FREE does not apply to (some random used ps2 game works for me)
Apply 15FREE or 2SAVE20 code AND CAG16 code
Add game that you want to buy
Remove first game
Viola!

2SAVE20 does not stack with 15FREE[/QUOTE]

Thanks to you and to OP.

Got three PS3 games at a decent discount (From 55 bucks to 35), thanks OP.

Basically, it was B2G1 Free, but these games (used) were all at different stores for my location, and the online price was cheaper so it works out.

[quote name='Chinese_cuisine']the 15free seems to work on the pikachu xl even though it says excludes consoles.[/QUOTE]

I tried this, it shows up as getting the discount in your cart, but when I went to check out it doesn't show the discount or the free shipping option. Same goes with the pre-orders for who mentioned it. It will show as getting the 15% off but when you go to final checkout it will know what doesn't apply.

At least on my end, maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Hmmmmm...$27 after tax for Borderlands 2. Doesn't seem that good of a deal, considering it may be $30 soon or $60 with all DLC.

[quote name='shadowkast']I can get them to stack but free shipping wont apply. Oh well, I'll live without[/QUOTE]

Use SAVER code if you have at least $25 worth combined.

Make sure you have at least a game new or used $29.99 or above to be trigger object for rest of the items in cart to work.

Just a small question - when do they restock some used games - everyday? Is there a relative time?

I need something to mix with Muramasa Wii is why I ask but it's no big deal or pressing matter at all. Thanks for any help I can get! :)

EDIT: It's there, not their.

[quote name='AsherFischell']You paid $30 for Xmen Destiny and Asura's Wrath? Ouch. Might want to cancel that order, dude.[/QUOTE]

Yea, no joke. X-men Destiny was terrible x.x

Thanks for the deal. After some fiddling, ended up with Nier, Enslaved, and Vanquish for $25.09 total.
Try first 15free with all the items you want in your cart. Then, remove one or more so 15free becomes inactive, and enter cag16. Refill your cart, and they ought to stack.
Now, hopefully I get decent case/manuals and discs that don't look like ass.

[quote name='rifftnstrings']Thanks for the deal. After some fiddling, ended up with Nier, Enslaved, and Vanquish for $25.09 total.
Try first 15free with all the items you want in your cart. Then, remove one or more so 15free becomes inactive, and enter cag16. Refill your cart, and they ought to stack.
Now, hopefully I get decent case/manuals and discs that don't look like ass.[/QUOTE]

ooh, Vanquish is really good:applause: more people should play it

I probably didn't get the greatest deal in the world but I did manage to snag:

MGS: HD Collection (360) for $17.99
MGS: Rising Revengeance (360) for $35.34

This after a couple discounts (I believe 15FREE and CAG16), although I tried so many combos/codes I could be mistaken. I had a gift card from some trades so I hardly paid any out of pocket. I had Bioshock: Infinite in my cart at one point and it was taking $9.00 off w/15FREE but I ultimately passed.

You can get 15free to apply to the WIIU console as long as you have a $29.99 or more game to go with it.
$58.50 off the zombiu bundle. Of course have fun with that tax.

Seems to work with ANYTHING

[quote name='Remoe']You can get 15free to apply to the WIIU console as long as you have a $29.99 or more game to go with it.
$58.50 off the zombiu bundle[/QUOTE]

Dammit.

I have been torn on the idea of buying a 3DS or a Wii U, this does not make it any easier.

At target you get a 50.00 gift card and you price match bestbuy for 249.00 . It's the white one but have been told that deal works on Wii u

[quote name='rifftnstrings']Thanks for the deal. After some fiddling, ended up with Nier, Enslaved, and Vanquish for $25.09 total.
Now, hopefully I get decent case/manuals and discs that don't look like ass.[/QUOTE]

15FREE is good for practically everything including preorders as blogger mention earlier in the page. CAG16 is good for used games. You can stack them both if any game is over $29.99 in stock and game(s) are used.

[quote name='hotpocket']Dammit.

I have been torn on the idea of buying a 3DS or a Wii U, this does not make it any easier.[/QUOTE]

And for pre-orders too! To make it harder for ya to decide after 15FREE:

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - Wii U $50.99
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates - 3DSPlatform $29.74
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Bla - PS3 $144.49

Just to think Dead Island, Injustice, Bioshock Infinite, Last of Us Survival...

well, if this deal works like it has in the past. you can apply the 2save20 promo to only one game in particular, meaning that if you buy 2 54.99 games, one of them will show as being around 25 ish dollars while the other is around 45 ish. return the 45 ish one and keep the the cheap 25$ one. and if it doesnt, i just return both, no big deal.

amazing, I'm still banned. it's been at least a year since I tried I think, guess it never resets.

so here's something to try:
1. add preorder game
2. add 2SAVE20
3. add 2 x 54.99 or above games

$20 should be off preorder item in final invoice.

[quote name='peruvian_001']Yea, no joke. X-men Destiny was terrible x.x[/QUOTE]

I rented X-Men Destiny for a dollar at the redbox years ago. It was worth the dollar yes :D

If you payed a dollar for X-Men Destiny, it was the best buck you'd ever spent. If you payed more than that, it'd be the worst two or more dollars you've ever spent

Debating if I want to jump on this for Fire Emblem, EO IV and Mass Effect 3.

I know I'll enjoy FE. Not sure about Etrian Odyssey and ME3 though..

[quote name='Stepith Bloodia']I rented X-Men Destiny for a dollar at the redbox years ago. It was worth the dollar yes :D

If you payed a dollar for X-Men Destiny, it was the best buck you'd ever spent. If you payed more than that, it'd be the worst two or more dollars you've ever spent[/QUOTE]
Insert soundclip from Robocop of that guy saying "I'D BUY THAT FOR A DOLLAR!" here

looks like the stacking is dead. added preowned $30+ and tried cag16 then 15free and vice versa and both times it said offer may not be combined with current applied offers.

[quote name='Duncanzits']looks like the stacking is dead. added preowned $30+ and tried cag16 then 15free and vice versa and both times it said offer may not be combined with current applied offers.[/QUOTE]

Yeah same here. Glad I got an order in last night. Btw, the 15free code makes DmC $33.99...my perfect price point.

nabbed 2 orders; and according to the website's invoice, one game in each order will be 21-something pre-tax while the other is 40-something. Return the more expensive games and get a couple new releases on the cheap! :)

[quote name='rifftnstrings']
[/QUOTE]

The stack still works. For the people that cannot get it to work.
Just follow what riffnstrings wrote.

Edit: For people that cannot get the stacking to work. Also if you buy two $54.99 games you can stack CAG16, 2SAVE20, and SAVER

[quote name='apterous']Getting the
sig.jpg
CAG16 and 15free to stack... what's the DS B2G2 free code?[/QUOTE]

thx for the codes

Damn, just realized I could've picked up Dark Souls by stacking 15FREE, but it's too late now as the code has expired.

So it looks like Gamestop.com got me... I ordered DMC for PS3 and it just arrived today. No case art, no manual (although I don't think it comes with one) and the disc is Devil May Cry 4. Wonderful. Going to take it up to my local gamestop to see if they will give me the correct game or just return it.

Edit: At least the local store swapped it out for me. Guess I just had really bad luck but I got the correct game. Thanks OP.

[quote name='galvatron2k1']So it looks like Gamestop.com got me... I ordered DMC for PS3 and it just arrived today. No case art, no manual (although I don't think it comes with one) and the disc is Devil May Cry 4. Wonderful. Going to take it up to my local gamestop to see if they will give me the correct game or just return it.[/QUOTE]

Wonderful. I got transformers and ff13-2 and both were in mint condition.

Ordered Fire Emblem, Luigi's Mansion, and Mario Kart 7.

Will see what things look like when they arrive, never ordered from Gamestop online before. Everything stacked, but obviously no PUR or CAG16 on FE and LM.

[quote name='CrazyChuy']got my games today and they came complete in mint condition (no stickers).[/QUOTE]

No shit? Mine came complete too! Ordered ninja storm 3 and metal gear rising, and Naruto came with an unused Goku costume code! First time ever ordering from gamestop where everything came complete and in near perfect condition :)

bread's done
Back