Discovery's Deadliest Catch!

[quote name='sippycupz']It seems like the win rate is down from earlier, but I think it's just coincidence[/QUOTE]

It's just a coincidence. My friend has been winning two in a row or more, and I've also been winning quite a lot, as has my other friend. It's just as slow as before, but maybe a little slower.

I was wondering the same about expiration dates, but I didn't see any in the fine print, so I'm just assuming the best.

and yeah, I just won a couple. I just made a gmail account so I wouldn't have to wait for them to come

[quote name='sippycupz']I just won twice in a row, bwa ha ha

and now using gmail it comes instantly, how refreshing[/quote]

And it organizes it for you too, Gmail rocks.

I suddenly won like 4 times in 5 minutes. So far I've won 6 or ... maybe 7 times lol. Thats like a solid hour though...but oh well I was playing internet games while doing it :p

If you're concerned about expiration dates just enter the codes ASAP and check billing.microsoft.com once a month. It'll give you a warning about any points that are about to expire starting 30 days from the date of expiration.

We're sorry, but we've given away all of our Xbox points for today! Try again tomorrow for another chance to win Catch Points!

Thanks for entering the Discovery Channel's Deadliest Catch and Xbox 360 Points Catch Points contest. To receive text message alerts for Deadliest Catch send CATCH to 52580 from your mobile. Just remember, standard messaging charges apply.

Don't forget to watch Deadliest Catch Tuesdays at 9:00 PM ET/PT on the Discovery Channel.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How odd, that I also won the last code. The second after I won, all of my friends got this message, and now I'm getting it too. Maybe someone actually found out and put a limit on it, oh well, now we just have to find out what server time they use, tomorrow could mean various times.

We're sorry, but we've given away all of our Xbox points for today! Try again tomorrow for another chance to win Catch Points!

Well guys, it's over for today. Hopefully they don't fix the email glitch. Won about 10,000.. thanks a lot!!

LOL I guess all the points are gone now. I think I got around 6000 MS points...
BTW thanks OP!...and those who found the glitch in the system heh :D
wow what will I ever spend 6k points on...maybe I'll save em to trade for 1 year subs or something

Hopefully it isn't since 12am EST (2 1/2 hours ago). We're getting a lot of wins, but I don't think we've gotten 1,250 (the daily win allowance) just yet. Perhaps they're going by Pacific Time, which means "tomorrow" is in half an hour. Or not, whooo knowwwss..

I've gotten about 6400 tonight, so awesome, thanks OP, great job.

And I'm going to watch Deadliest Catch this season, so that's my way of paying them back.

I ended up with 2,800 I think I made out good I just downloaded death magnetic for GH3 and I still got almost 1,600 pts. I may consider getting Castle Crashers or SF2THD remix

lol, I never knew that there was a point limit when it comes to redeeming points--you can apparently only redeem about 12k within one twenty-four hour period. The most I had ever entered from prior contests was about 10k at a time, and I never bumped into this limit until now... I'm sitting on 22k points now (including the points I already had from prior contests and free point sites), with another ~7k or so to redeem.

Obviously, major props to the OP :)

haha well I won't be doing this anymore in the next few days...pretty crammed with stuff I need to do. But it was pretty sweet for sure. This was probably asked, but is there some kind of deadline to actually adding the points to your account? I'd sooner not add them until I need them in case I want to trade some/give some to friends, etc.

here's some fun information from the terms at the bottom

5. INSTANT WIN/GRAND PRIZE DRAWING/WINNER NOTIFICATION: One thousand two-hundred and fifty (1,250) winners (“Daily Winners”) will be selected at random throughout each Day during the Promotion Period from among all eligible entries received for that Day, for a total of five thousand (5,000) winners over the four day Promotion Period. For each entry received, as recorded by the Sweepstakes database, the computer’s random selection program will randomly assign each entrant one number from 1-100, with a winning number(s) randomly pre-determined for each Day selected prior to the start of each Day. If an entry is matched with the winning number the entrant will be the potential winner of the Instant Win Prize. Each Day will automatically end as soon as all the Daily Prizes have been awarded on any applicable Day. In the event there are less daily entries received in any Day than Daily Prizes to be awarded, the remaining Daily Prizes will be added to the number of Daily Prizes awarded in the succeeding Day of the Promotion Period, if any. If there are less Daily Entries received during the Promotion Period than Daily Prizes to be awarded, those remaining Daily Prizes will not be awarded. Each of the Daily Prizes is randomly awarded throughout the applicable Day, regardless of the method of entry. The odds of winning a Daily Prize is estimated at 1:25. Winners who entered via mobile phone will be notified via SMS message to the phone number from which they texted the daily key word and winners who entered online will receive an email to the email address provided on their registration form and will be provided with instructions on how to claim their Daily Prize. If the notification to a Daily Winner is returned as undeliverable, or a Daily Winner does not respond for any reason the Daily Prize will be forfeited.

enter your code on the 360 there's issues with points.microsoft.com right now probably from too many people trying to enter their codes on there

[quote name='Pure Apathy']Don't forget about LegendK7ll3r too. :applause:[/QUOTE]

Haha, thanks. I think you're the only one to actually thank me, everyone else is thanking the OP. :(

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']Haha, thanks. I think you're the only one to actually thank me, everyone else is thanking the OP. :([/QUOTE]

I didn't mean any offense by failing to mention you specifically--I often use OP to refer to all the people who brought the deal into fruition, even though I realize that is not technically correct ;)

Not a problem, and thanks.

For those wondering, I made out like a bandit. I had a few hours head start (hey, I knew I wouldn't get anything if I told everyone the second I found it, haha), but in total, I ended up scoring about 25,000 MSP.

I'm not sure on the exact amount, because I wasn't keeping score at first. I ended up giving away about 4,000 points to friends and my brother, and bought a ton of DLC already. So, I'm still left with 17,200 points in unused codes.

I think this makes up for everytime I've missed out on a points contest like this, and I'm pretty sure I won't have to buy more MSP for quite some time. Here's hoping they restock again early, so I can get some more. Once I reach 30,000 in total, I'll be giving away anything else I earn to CAG's (if it does get put back up).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@bs000: That would be me, for the "flaw", and also OP for posting the link.

Also, goto https://live.xbox.com/en-US/accounts/RedeemToken.aspx to redeem your codes, using points.microsoft.com will not work with these.

[quote name='sippycupz']Holy cow, 25k? Nice :applause: You made over $400 worth of MS Points. You could buy seven Turbomen with that![/QUOTE]

Actually, just checked my e-mail, and my handy search feature did the counting for me. I actually ended up with 26,000 on the dot. It also caught a winning code I completely passed by, glad it did, otherwise I would have accidentally deleted it.

I also just checked, and wow, I was NOT expecting this much.. but the total amount of losing e-mails I received clocks in at... an astounding... 1,411 e-mails.

Also, if I could buy seven Turbo-Man Dolls with that, I'd give these up in a second for them (they actually sell them on eBay, few hundred dollars though; last I checked).

I had a Turboman doll, not sure where it went, lying around the house somewhere perhaps

I checked, and eBay does not have Booster

but that's OK, because nobody likes Booster

wow man 26k MSP. You're crazy. I found this contest last nite but I didn't know this method til few hours ago when I was trying it by myself cuz people are reporting they're winning alot lol. But yeah after 2 hours odd i ended up with 10000 MSP =). I was sick and paranoid today for some reason but this made my day so much better. I finally got Castle Crasher a game i alway wanted =p. Hopefully to score another 10-15k MSP tomorrow to save for future DLC

[quote name='sippycupz']I had a Turboman doll, not sure where it went, lying around the house somewhere perhaps

I checked, and eBay does not have Booster

but that's OK, because nobody likes Booster[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't even want a Booster doll for collection purposes.

You have made me so jealous now; but one day, I'll splurge and end up buying a Turbo Man, and it will be displayed promptly in my house, as my most prized possession. I will build a trophy cabinet specifically for it.

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']Actually, just checked my e-mail, and my handy search feature did the counting for me. I actually ended up with 26,000 on the dot. It also caught a winning code I completely passed by, glad it did, otherwise I would have accidentally deleted it.[/quote]

Must...refrain...from...dropping...jaw...in...shock. Screw it O_O *jaw drops* (Man, where's the emoticon for that?) You sir, are amazing. How long did it end up taking you?

and lol now the site says "We're sorry, but we've given away all of our Xbox points for today! Try again tomorrow for another chance to win Catch Points!

Thanks for entering the Discovery Channel's Deadliest Catch and Xbox 360 Points Catch Points contest. To receive text message alerts for Deadliest Catch send CATCH to 52580 from your mobile. Just remember, standard messaging charges apply.

Don't forget to watch Deadliest Catch Tuesdays at 9:00 PM ET/PT on the Discovery Channel."

I extend my thanks to the OP, for finding the site.

I extend my special thanks to LegendK7ll3r, who found the flaw in the site and made me a rich man in MS Points.

[quote name='Crazyglitcher']Must...refrain...from...dropping...jaw...in...shock. Screw it O_O *jaw drops* (Man, where's the emoticon for that?) You sir, are amazing. How long did it end up taking you?

and lol now the site says "We're sorry, but we've given away all of our Xbox points for today! Try again tomorrow for another chance to win Catch Points!

Don't forget to watch Deadliest Catch Tuesdays at 9:00 PM ET/PT on the Discovery Channel."[/QUOTE]

I was entering it off and on, I started experimenting with the system (with names, emails, and numbers) around 1-2, and came back to it around 4. From 4 - 6, I entered off and on (my brother came up to visit, and I let him in on what I found), and then from 8 - 10, I also entered off and on (while multitasking with RB and various other things), and then from 11 - 2:15, I was pretty much entering it non-stop (was in a party, so was talking to my brother and another friend I let know about it).

I'm more shocked by all my "losing" e-mails, 1,411 is insane.

bread's done
Back