DISGAEA 26.99 AT BJs CLUB!!! Sadly, YMMV.

MauMauProductions

CAGiversary!
Today I went into BJ's today to get bulk food with my mom and while she was shopping, I went to look at the games. Low and behold in a standard Plastic protector (Not even in the glass case) was a few copies of Disgaea. This is YMMV but an extremly good deal.

it's like sams club...EXACTLY like sams club..and if u dont know wut that is its like a warehouse w/ things to buy in bulk....

does anyone know where i can get a free trial membership or a one day pass kinda thing?

thanks if anyone can :D

oh right on, we have sams club and costco out in cali (they are the same thing). maybe sams club might have it...my cousin has a membership. i might go tomorrow to try to get one

[quote name='PsyClerk']I'm scared to ask what it takes to get a membership in BJs.[/quote]

lol.

Would anyone care to pick me up a copy? no BJs around here. I'll be very grateful. :D

To get a membership at BJ's you just gotta give good BJ's. On a more sereious note, I was at my local BJ's (philly) and they too had Disgaea for I think 28.99, anywho, I already have it , so I didnt get it.

[quote name='Nasfive0']To get a membership at BJ's you just gotta give good BJ's. On a more sereious note, I was at my local BJ's (philly) and they too had Disgaea for I think 28.99, anywho, I already have it , so I didnt get it.[/quote]

Give's new meaning to where's the nearest BJ to get a cheap copy of Disgaea.

Heheheh. My friends and myself constantly make fun of the name but great deals pop up occasionally another one I saw was Wild Arms 3 for 12.99 but luckily I scored the $7 copy CAG had earlier.

Anyone else seen this game cheap elsewhere? I live in CA so no BJ's for me. Man what were they thinking with that name...

[quote name='Nasfive0']To get a membership at BJ's you just gotta give good BJ's. On a more sereious note, I was at my local BJ's (philly) and they too had Disgaea for I think 28.99, anywho, I already have it , so I didnt get it.[/quote]

Is that the one in Red Lion or somehwere else?

I have one near me in MD. I will give it a shot and pick up as many as possible if you guys want. (That is, if they have it..)
Thanks,
Matthew

bjs also has POP packaged with the guide for 39.99
other 2 packs also
shadow hearts 17.99
dragon quarter breath of fire 17.99

BTW folks, the game is gonna be re-released later this month

[email protected]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Atlus U.S.A., Inc. to re-release Disgaea?: Hour of
Darkness, the critically acclaimed strategy RPG of 2003

Irvine, CA (May 12, 2004) - The critically acclaimed strategy role-playing game, Disgaea: Hour of Darkness, will have a unique, one-time re-launch on May 25, 2004. After that date, the gold disc will be put in the vault. This Disgaea relaunch leads up to the release of its spiritual sequel, Phantom Brave, on August 31, 2004.

To accompany the re-release of the game, the PDF version of the Official Disgaea Strategy Guide can be downloaded for free at Double Jump Books online store at http://djbooks.easystorecreator.com/store.asp

Story

The Netherworld ? a place darker than a pitch-black cave, located deeper than the depth of the seas. It is a cursed land where evil reigns and foul beings dwell. Nobody knows its whereabouts, but everybody fears its existence...

The story takes place two years after the death of King Krichevskoy, the ruler of the Netherworld. His son Laharl slept for two full years, unaware of his father's death, while demons fought for supremacy over the Netherworld. With the help of his subordinate Etna and her underlings, the egocentric, megalomaniac Prince Laharl fights his way to become the next king.

"Disgaea: Hour of Darkness combines a compelling gothic narrative with a comical twist." said Yu Namba, Project Leader at Atlus. "With its breathtaking spells and innovative new strategy elements, Disgaea will be the must play strategy RPG game of 2003 on the PlayStation 2."

Disgaea: Hour of Darkness Key Features:

Unleash over 100 mind-blowing spells and special skills to lay waste to your enemies!
New Formation Attack System allows up to 4 of your characters to do quadruple the damage on one enemy!
Customize your army with over 150 character classes and monsters!
Dynamic battle system allows you to actively switch your characters in and out of battle to take on the toughest opponents!
Never before seen gameplay elements add a new dimension of strategy! Throw enemy or friendly characters to achieve a tactical advantage over your adversaries! Use the environmental Geo Panels to decimate an entire army!
Open a dimensional portal into the Item World and do battle there to increase the power of your weapons!
Over 40 Hours of gameplay with multiple endings!

Media Coverage

"?Disgaea is a masterpiece?" ? 10 out of 10 ? Gamesarefun.com
"?an instant cult-classic-Disgaea is so creative, challenging, and funny that it totally deserves the attention of RPG gamers." ? EGM
This is one of the best strategy RPGs to come down the pipe in a long time. It'll keep you engrossed for months." ? Game Informer
"?good, solid fun." ? Play Magazine
"Combining a level of depth rarely seen in games, along with a fun story and quirky cast, Disgaea is definitely worth it." - 95% - Gamevortex.com
"?Disgaea: Hour of Darkness is a fantastic game that's worth every penny." ? 9.4 out of 10 ? GamingWorldX.com
"Said simply, Disgaea is one of the best new PS2 RPGs on the market." - 96% - Just RPG.com
"Disgaea: Hour of Darkness is the best strategy game on the PlayStation 2?" ? 9.2 ? Video Game City
"The Next Generation of Strategy RPG" ? San Gabriel Valley Examiner
"Disgaea is simply the best SRPG I've seen since Final Fantasy Tactics. ? MysticCollector.com
"?a top-notch tactical game that fans of the genre will be please with." ? 4.5 / 5 Stars - etoychest.org
"?just the thing to put a smile on a strategy RPG fans' face..." ? Gamers.com

Disgaea: Hour of Darkness has a suggested retail price of US $49.99 and has been rated by Teen by the ESRB. For more information, visit the Official Disgaea Website at http://www.atlus.com/dis.

© 2003 NIPPON ICHI SOFTWARE INC. Licensed to and published by ATLUS USA. PlayStation and the PlayStation logos are registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. All rights reserved.

Yupe, the re-release just means that there will be more copies available at retail prices. It just means ebay prices will drop, not retail prices.

and yes cag1000, go for that Shadow Hearts one.

Damn Re-release...I just paid 44.99 for it and was mad enough seeing it for 26.99 (weird I would get mad but I did) and now you'll be able to pick it up cheaper than 40 Preplayed soon. Fiddlesticks.

Abingdon, MD BJ's doesn't have it but they do have Summer Heat Beach Volleyball for $11.90 for those of us that missed out on the TRU/Amazon deal.

the only thing that matters in that press statement is "Disgaea: Hour of Darkness has a suggested retail price of US $49.99 "

but i bet after the supply goes back up it will force lower prices, much like skies of arcadia legends

So... anyone w/ a BJ's around would be kind enough to buy one for me and ship? =)

I'd pay 35 shipped. Should work out right? PM me! =D

I have 2 BJ's around me. Haven't checked them yet, but I don't have a pass anymore. :cry: I'll go check if they have any though for some of you cheap bastards. :p

Actually make that 3 since I am going to Long Island this weekend. :D

-Morpheus

I have a BJS near me but they never have games even close to that good for that cheap, the best ive seen at my BJS is armored core 3 for 18.99

I went to the BJ's in Paramus on 17N right across from GSP. They had none. I did find Intellivision Lives PS2 & XBOX for $8.99. That's not a bad deal for over 50 games that I grew up with. Anyway, gonna check the BJ's in Long Island next and on Monday will check the others around Paramus.

-Morpheus

[quote name='Brimrand']Abingdon, MD BJ's doesn't have it but they do have Summer Heat Beach Volleyball for $11.90 for those of us that missed out on the TRU/Amazon deal.[/quote]

thanks for saving me the trip....im in edgewood

I have never heard of sam's club, and am well aware of BJ's (seems backwords for everyone else)
mine is about 5 minutes down the street.
Gonna check it out! Thanks so much!

Riverhead, Long Island BJ didn't have it either. :cry:

-Morpheus

But I did manage to pick-up a few things at the Best Buy here. :D

Interesting, the sequel will be out in August? But the prequel supposively just came out! Either way I'm also suprised this game is "rare", I read NPD sales awhile back and thought I read it sold over 50k copies each month, meaning theres atleast 100k copies out there. I would say It's rather in high demand as opposed to truly rare.

Morpheus, If you're willing to take a ride, the BJs I saw it at was was in Islandia (I think thats the town)its right by Hooters ^_^. Its on or around Motor Parkway.

Your welcome trustcompany1013. Nice to know there's a local on the list. I grew up down the road in J-town and live in B A.

[quote name='zewone']anyway to get a free trial pass to sam's club? one day or a couple monthes[/quote]

Go the following link and fill out the form. They'll email you a link to print out a one day pass. I went there yesterday with one and they offered me $10 off their membership. I turned it down stating that I wanted to look around and make sure I liked the store, so they gave me a 2 month membership for free. :)

http://www.bjs.com/general/checkusout

I checked the BJs in Queens/Brooklyn NY for this, but no dice at Whitestone, Middle Village, or Gateway Plaza.
While at the Middle Village one, I stopped in at Toys R Us around the corner and got a copy for $50, which is a hell of a lot more, but I have been looking forever and didn't want to wait for the re-release.

bread's done
Back