Disgaea 3 $29.99 @ Amazon.com

10 bucks more and I'm on this one. Been wanting it for a while now. Huge fan of the series but I can't justify this price anymore.

Very very tempting. I've been eying this game for a long time and.. what's this? I just received a $25 gift card in the mail from my Amazon CC?

In for one.

Isn't there a version of this coming with all or most of the dlc included on the disc? I swear I heard that somewhere, and it's probably worth waiting if true. I'm pretty tempted though.

I may get it later down the road, I don't think copies are going to dry up too soon. PS3 is in the mail, but I have enough for the system to keep me occupied.

[quote name='Ordoabchao']Isn't there a version of this coming with all or most of the dlc included on the disc? I swear I heard that somewhere, and it's probably worth waiting if true. I'm pretty tempted though.[/QUOTE]

I'd be very interested to see where you read that, if you can remember. This is one of the games I plan on getting when I jump on the PS3 Slim, but if there is a version with all of the DLC included I might just wait for that.

I know they have a bundle pack on PSN currently, but it's not more than a few $$ difference IIRC.

After extensive googling, I am going to have to assume that I mistook the release of the "Complete DLC" pack as news of an actual rerelease of the game. I can't find anything to support my original claim. Which means I can jump on this I suppose.

good deal on this, i may be forced to bite.
151l1259.jpg

[quote name='silent h3ro']LOL @ the $50 price on complete DLC on PSN. Are they serious? Anyways I think I'm going to bite, I'm a sucker for SRPG games.[/QUOTE]They're just trying to push the boundaries and seeing just how much money a hardcore gamer is willing to spend. IMHO, the chance to push DLC was the sole reason they put D3 on PS3 when it could have been almost the exact same game on PS2 and found a larger audience in the process. Unfortunately it looks like they went off on the deep end on this one. They've somehow managed to make EA's approach to DLC seem modest in comparison.

It looks like they're taking the same approach towards Cross Edge as well. :bomb:

The DLC for D3's been a bit ridiculous.

Only ones worth it, imho, are the Raspberyl Chapters (Yes, the D/L is tiny, but all of the data came from patches, not a disc unlock.) and the Adell/Rosy character pack.

Cause I'm pretty insane and thought D2 was the best of the series.

[quote name='mis0']Looks good. I advise everyone who hasn't jumped on it yet to do so now. mis0 approved.[/QUOTE]

HAHAHAHAH. Too funny.

Don't forget Disgaea 3 now has trophy support via a patch.

I only ran into a used copy at Gamestop once and I should have nabbed it via the B2G1 deals. Nonetheless its a good buy at $30 new.

[quote name='seanr1221']Is this game difficult?[/QUOTE]

story mode isnt difficult. i got through it with very little leveling. if you find it too easy, you can pass a bill that makes the enemies stronger.

the post game stuff is where it gets more complicated and difficult.

Can someone who ordered this from Amazon please post here when they receive it? I would like to know if it comes with the soundtrack CD.

I noticed newegg also has it for 29.99, as does Radio Shack. Is this a permanent price drop, or is this expected to go back up? Does anyone know if it's been 29.99 at newegg for a while?

I picked this up from buy.com a couple of months ago when they had it for $18. I bet you could get it cheaper than $30 if you waited.

I picked this up from Gamefly when they had it at $20. It's definitely worth the price even at $30. Great music, voice acting, humor, and of course great gameplay. Might be a lil' difficult to get into if you've never played the previous two, but if you have, I'd more than recommend 3.

I've been eying a couple of these, with the soundtrack, at a local Best Buy waiting for a price drop or for them to hit the clearance rack.

GAH, the copies I was waiting to go on clearance at BBY are gone.

Do the Amazon copies include the soundtrack?

[quote name='no_exit']GAH, the copies I was waiting to go on clearance at BBY are gone.

Do the Amazon copies include the soundtrack?[/QUOTE]

Nope, I got mine in the other day from Amazon and it's just the game.

[quote name='dcm1602']Its been 29.99 at newegg for weeks.[/QUOTE]

Too bad tax in CA would make it almost $33, even with free shipping.

I have ECA so $27 is a really good deal. I would buy it new too if I hadn't gotten a copy for $23 from the gohastings deal.

Well newegg doesnt charge tax in NY, where as Amazon does. So newegg + bing woulda been 27 for us in NY where as amazon woulda been 33 lol

[quote name='bvharris']Nope, I got mine in the other day from Amazon and it's just the game.[/QUOTE]
Thank you.

[quote name='dcm1602']Well newegg doesnt charge tax in NY, where as Amazon does. So newegg + bing woulda been 27 for us in NY where as amazon woulda been 33 lol[/QUOTE]

Hehe, its just funny how tax makes or breaks deals. I probably would have spent at least $2-3k more at newegg if they didn't charge tax. I have spent about $2k there regardless though.

If Amazon charged tax, I probably would have spent at least $8k less there.

bread's done
Back