Disgaea 3 North America Confirmed

darkcecil32

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Disgaea 3 confirmed for a North American release in Auguest 2008 on PS3. Can't wait. I'm still playing the original -_-.

Quick question to anyone who's spent time maxing characters in the original: Do you have to create a character from scratch at genius level (for a non-story character) to *perfectly* maximize stats. I have 2 characters I started the game out at Average and Incompetent due to lack of mana, and they are both around level 100 now. I plan to upgrade them in class and keep on transmigrating from here on out at genius level. Will the lack of having lower intial base stats for the first 100 level ups lower their values later on, or is there some sort of effective cap to th stats than I can still compensate for? I don't really care all that much because in the end, my characters will be close enough to perfect, I am just curious. I am merely trying to probe all the nuances and intricacies of the deep, deep, deep, system and mechanics.

Note: I read several faqs on gamefaqs for all this post-game madness and could never find a direct answer to that question on transmigration

Yeah, I'm STILL playing the original, too. No idea why this isn't a PS2 game, but hey, it's their profit (or lack thereof).

this will be a day 1 purchase for me, whether or not i'll have time to get around to playing it is another story...

[quote name='bigl523']this will be a day 1 purchase for me, whether or not i'll have time to get around to playing it is another story...[/QUOTE]

Ditto. :D

[quote name='darkcecil32']
Quick question to anyone who's spent time maxing characters in the original: Do you have to create a character from scratch at genius level (for a non-story character) to *perfectly* maximize stats. I have 2 characters I started the game out at Average and Incompetent due to lack of mana, and they are both around level 100 now. I plan to upgrade them in class and keep on transmigrating from here on out at genius level. Will the lack of having lower intial base stats for the first 100 level ups lower their values later on, or is there some sort of effective cap to th stats than I can still compensate for? I don't really care all that much because in the end, my characters will be close enough to perfect, I am just curious. I am merely trying to probe all the nuances and intricacies of the deep, deep, deep, system and mechanics.
[/QUOTE]

The only transmigration does is give you banked levels, which translate into additional stat points to distribute.

The only time the stat matters when you transmute is the final time.

And yes, I am looking forward to D3 :D

OP, to answer your question about levelling.

I had a Ninja at level 170. He has about 42,000 mana. I transmigrated him to a Shinobi at the genius level. As long as you have enough mana (it cost about 20k), it approved the migration without any approval needed. He's now back up to level 155, but of course much stronger than before.

The game maxes out at 9999, so to say your characters will be close to perfect will be nearly impossible. The item world alone will keep anyone challenged if you truely want to max out a level and max out your character. You get to a point where the item world is so freaking hard that it's basically impossible to continue without going to the Cave of Ordeals and leveling up a ton.

i found this game very fun back in 2003 but find it very boring now. I remember putting 200+ hours into it on the ps2 but I probally only put 10 hours into the game on the PSP

if the pS3 is 299 or less by this date i will probally pick it up

bread's done
Back