Disgaea 3 (PS3) - $39.99 at Amazon

I have no doubt this is a great game and worth it, but Disgaea never did it for me. Then again I can not, for the life of me, get into SRPGs. I've tried and tried, but it never works lol. I played the psp disgaea and while I couldn't get into it I could see why so many play the hell out of it. There's alot of stuff to do lol.

[quote name='JUDOHAWK']I have no doubt this is a great game and worth it, but Disgaea never did it for me. Then again I can not, for the life of me, get into SRPGs. I've tried and tried, but it never works lol. I played the psp disgaea and while I couldn't get into it I could see why so many play the hell out of it. There's alot of stuff to do lol.[/quote]

Are you going to try Valkyria Chronicles? I really enjoyed the demo so I bought it from Amazon.

I like the humor of the series but the games just require way too much time investment. I almost beat Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness, except I made it to the last battle horribly under-leveled (apparently) and didn't want to keep grinding it out just so I could do it all over again for all the endings. Props to the dedicated who put hundreds of hours into these games. The only RPGs I've ever put more than 100 hrs into were FF VII and FF XII. And as much as I enjoyed playing FF XII, I kind of wish I'd spent even half of my time playing other RPGs in my backlog, because I don't have that time nowadays.

I think a combination of less free time and a pessimistic economic outlook have totally killed my game-buying. :cry: Even two months ago I would have seriously considered this deal, despite my backlog.

Good game. Ridiculous amount of stuff to do. Been playing it on weekends for months. Hilarious script to boot. In terms of clever writing and voice acting it's got the other next gen RPGs beat (though I've yet to play Valkyria). Still, SRPGs are SRPGs. Not for everyone. You don't have to play the other Disgaeas or anything, but if you tried SRPGs and can't get into them, nothing to see here.

if i buy this i am afraid i wont eject the disc till another fun game comes out.

I am currently playing Disgea 1 on DS, this game kept me up till 3am just leveling and item world.

going to wait till $20-25, not so hesitant to play this and i can always borrow from a long time no see friend.

Disgaea 3 was my first Disgaea and I freakin loved it. I beat the main story and immediately went on to do some of the end-game stuff. What's great about it is that the story is really light, so it's mainly a grind-a-thon in a good way.

So basically it's a game you can play for a long period of time since you can always come back to it and you don't have to remember anything about the story and whatnot. I highly recommend it if you like SRPGs.

Dang, I just bought the Asian English version for the same price, with soundtrack. Good deal, but I woulda grabbed it from Amazon and got the American version! Not that it matters, but I like to support RPGs in this territory. And to support this territory in general.

I'd grab this while you can if you're interested. Amazon is capricious with the prices. Up and down, up and down. I'd imagine it will go back to $49.99 soon. (I waited and didn't grab Warhawk w/headset for $29.99, and now it's $46.99 again.)

bread's done
Back