Disgaea 4 Premium Edition $42.98 at Amazon with fsss/prime

Never played a Disgaea game before. I am a big fan of Final Fantasy Tactics so I have always wondered which entry of Disgaea to start with. I was trying to decide between 3 for the Vita or 4, any recommendations?

i paid $63 a few months ago for the Premium edition. worth it.

Never played a Disgaea game before. I am a big fan of Final Fantasy Tactics so I have always wondered which entry of Disgaea to start with. I was trying to decide between 3 for the Vita or 4, any recommendations?
i don't know about the Vita edition but i do know that D4 (as is the trend in any series that builds upon the last game) has everything D3 has gameplay-wise but more refined and advanced. in addition, D3 still uses the same sprites and graphics (essentially) that D1 and D2 used, while D4 actually has HD sprites.

i think the Vita version incorporates some (if not all) of the new gameplay but is still stuck with SD sprites.

now, as for whether or not you'll like it, Disgaea is not much at all like FFT or Tactics Ogre. they are similar in that they are SRPGs (and there is a good bit of strategy in some of the story chapters) but that is about it. Disgaea's main story is just a train to get you to the post-game content, which is focused on grinding item levels and making your characters super-powerful for no reason. the main story is a decent bit of length but the meat of the game is in the Item World grinding for the post-game super boss fights.

You can't go wrong with either D3 for the vita or D4. Also D3 for the vita includes about all the dlc from the original and adds some extra stuff as well.

I passed on this when it was on sale for $40 a couple months back on Amazon. Just waiting for GS at some point to drop this just like all the other premium bundles.

I really wish it included the OST!!! NISA and their exclusive items... =( My fault for not buying from them directly! Guess I'll wait for the inevitable $20 vanilla version to match Disgaea 3.

well, i fucked myself. I have two game packages (including this) and two anime packages all coming on the same day. I think my family will kill me..... THANKS OP!!!!

Thanks OP. Been looking for a copy and the Premium for $45 is just perfect. Game seems to be kinda hard to find around here.

If you were to start with a Disgaea, i'd say 3 for the Vita easily. D4 was my favorite though, also adds a ton of new gameplay features as well

And its just Fuka's. I can confirm that

Down to $42.98 now, sold by Big Game Vendor, fulfilled by Amazon. Still applicable with the Super Saver Shipping.

[quote name='pummy84']Down to $42.98 now, sold by Big Game Vendor, fulfilled by Amazon. Still applicable with the Super Saver Shipping.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I'll update the title. Looks like it may keep on dropping.

[quote name='pummy84']So, are the Fuka Figurine and art book worth $7.52?[/QUOTE]

That really depends on your personal preference. If you love jrpgs and limited editions then yes. If you love Disgaea then I would also say yes. If you just enjoy jrpgs or the disgaea series then I would say no. It also depends on how much you value 7 dollars. You never know it may go down more.

It's back up to $43.15 now, as I got the last one that BGV had in stock. Decided to get the premium as I do like the series and the occasional jrpg.

bread's done
Back