Disgaea and SMT: Nocturne (preowned) instock at Gamestop (Free ship)

Just to let you all know, the code has a minimum:
" Discount: Free 2-Day Shipping on all in-stock preowned video game orders totalling $49.99 or more! Not valid on accessories, consoles, or console bundles. Only one offer per order. Valid only on orders shipping within the continental United States. "

Great if you're getting both, though. But for just Disgaea, it doesn't save you shipping.

[quote name='Ilovephysics']well, looks like a store near me has some in stock.. I hope their computer system is up to date...[/QUOTE]

Thats how I grabbed my copy of SMT:N so have hope! the game was nearly perfect too, soundtrack and everything.

[quote name='Ilovephysics']well, looks like a store near me has some in stock.. I hope their computer system is up to date...[/QUOTE]

Just physcially go check yourself... the employees will immediately tell you 'Oh, our computer system is out of date, we probably don't have it".

Geeze $40 for Disgaea!

"This is a preowned video game. It is guaranteed to work on your PlayStation 2 video game console and does not include box or instruction manual."

what a rip-off

Always good to check your local locations. You most likely will not get it with manual and case if you buy it at GS online...which of course makes $40 for either game a ripoff.

friends, the problem is that gamestop isn't like eb games where they keep their quantity on-hand updated.

for instance, if i see a game in-stock @ ebgames.com, and there is one left, and i buy it, YOU will not see it available on their website anymore.

not so with gamestop. a million people could have place an order for those pre-owned games, but it would still tell you right now that it's in-stock. i found this out the hardway trying to order nocturne.

what happened was i saw it was "in stock, usually ships within 24 hours". so i jumped on it. the next day i check my status, it's "on back order" now. hasn't shipped. fine i say, whatever. periodically over the next week i check the stock on their website, and it's "in-stock" off and on throughout the week, but it still doesn't ship to me anyways. it stayed on back order. eventually i found a mint/complete version on ebay for $45 shipped and i just said fuck it, why bother waiting for something that may never come in @ gs.com.

so just don't get your hopes up too high

[quote name='frenchmovietheme']friends, the problem is that gamestop isn't like eb games where they keep their quantity on-hand updated.

for instance, if i see a game in-stock @ ebgames.com, and there is one left, and i buy it, YOU will not see it available on their website anymore.

not so with gamestop. a million people could have place an order for those pre-owned games, but it would still tell you right now that it's in-stock. i found this out the hardway trying to order nocturne.

what happened was i saw it was "in stock, usually ships within 24 hours". so i jumped on it. the next day i check my status, it's "on back order" now. hasn't shipped. fine i say, whatever. periodically over the next week i check the stock on their website, and it's "in-stock" off and on throughout the week, but it still doesn't ship to me anyways. it stayed on back order. eventually i found a mint/complete version on ebay for $45 shipped and i just said fuck it, why bother waiting for something that may never come in @ gs.com.

so just don't get your hopes up too high[/QUOTE]

I have never had that happen after ordering many, many things that went on back order after I put my order in. Always was in line to receive them before they went back in-stock on the site...or at least really in-stock. Their site is dumb - put it in your cart before finding out if something is actually in-stock even if the site or search engine says so. ^_~

Also - DO call your GS if their site says a local store has a game, especially if it is rare. Some employees are jerkoffs and don't even bother to check the computer for game or probably have it in the hold drawer or something. But by calling ahead, I have been able to get some pretty rare PS1 games on hold for me to pick up later that day. Be careful not to wait too long after calling, for people like this dick have no respect for their fellow person.

Good luck CAGers!

Wait a minute is Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne really that hard to find? This game came out last fall. Anyway, I still have a sealed copy of the game from last fall's TRU buy 2 get 1 free offer.

[quote name='MadFlava']Wait a minute is Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne really that hard to find? This game came out last fall. Anyway, I still have a sealed copy of the game from last fall's TRU buy 2 get 1 free offer.[/QUOTE]

Nocturne is damn hard to find. You could earn some coin for a sealed copy on Ebay....or from your fellow CAGs here!!!

It's YMMV on being hard to find. I know a bunch of places around here that have them new. The TRU I bought mine from with coupons had like 6.

the instore gamestop game tracking thing sucks....

It said that there was a copy of Valkyrie Profile available close to me about 4 days ago.. so i called to see if they still had it, but they already sold it, or so they said.. I checked again today, and it still says the store has it in stock...

bread's done
Back