Dishonored (360 & PS3) Pre-Owned $27.99 before PUR at Gamestop

new version says 29.99? doesnt that mean it is on sale? Also I cant get neither CAG16 nor my PUR card to stack with this...idk why...

Edit: never mind, I got them to work.

[quote name='arsenalcrazy8']new version says 29.99? doesnt that mean it is on sale? Also I cant get neither CAG16 nor my PUR card to stack with this...idk why...

Edit: never mind, I got them to work.[/QUOTE]

When I looked at the website new wasn't listed yet. They must have been updating it. I corrected my comment. Thanks

$30 new is a good price. $28 used (and from GS) really isnt so good. This can be had on ebay or amazon used and in better shape for around $25.

[quote name='musha666']$30 new is a good price. $28 used (and from GS) really isnt so good. This can be had on ebay or amazon used and in better shape for around $25.[/QUOTE]

But with CAG16 and PUR, it comes out to less than $25 after tax and shipped, so $25 from Amazon really isn't so good. :)

[quote name='musha666']$30 new is a good price. $28 used (and from GS) really isnt so good. This can be had on ebay or amazon used and in better shape for around $25.[/QUOTE]With the 20% off coupon and 10% from PUR, it becomes ~$21.16 before tax, which is a slightly better price point.

...This is assuming the used price is effective in-store, of course. :oops:

[quote name='musha666']$30 new is a good price. $28 used (and from GS) really isnt so good. This can be had on ebay or amazon used and in better shape for around $25.[/QUOTE]

Assuming it is in better shape is silly. Especially if you go to the store and the price is active.

[quote name='plus1zero']Can I use the birthday coupon with a $5 off pre-owned coupon?[/QUOTE]

Every Gamestop employee tries to tell me it's one or the other, or that they won't stack, but they will if they enter both codes, the system will allow it.

I believe as long as the coupons are different types, like one is 10% off used and one is $5 off used they will stack, but you can't stack a 20% off used with another 20% off to make it 40%.

I used the 15% off new (from a closing store) with a $25 off any gamestop purchase to get Crysis 3, and the 20% off used with a $10 off used to get Metal Gear HD recently.

You just need to get them to enter both codes, even if they say it won't work.

Any dumb online codes/passes or anything for this game? I know it's single only, but I just gotta be safe these days when considering buying anything used.

[quote name='bulldozer86']Any dumb online codes/passes or anything for this game? I know it's single only, but I just gotta be safe these days when considering buying anything used.[/QUOTE]

Nope. Single player only.

[quote name='brandtron8000']Every Gamestop employee tries to tell me it's one or the other, or that they won't stack, but they will if they enter both codes, the system will allow it.

I believe as long as the coupons are different types, like one is 10% off used and one is $5 off used they will stack, but you can't stack a 20% off used with another 20% off to make it 40%.

I used the 15% off new (from a closing store) with a $25 off any gamestop purchase to get Crysis 3, and the 20% off used with a $10 off used to get Metal Gear HD recently.

You just need to get them to enter both codes, even if they say it won't work.[/QUOTE]

I've had multiple associates at 3 different Gamestops tell me that stuff like that won't stack. They tell me, straight up, "coupons won't stack".

[quote name='FlyingAce39']I've had multiple associates at 3 different Gamestops tell me that stuff like that won't stack. They tell me, straight up, "coupons won't stack".[/QUOTE]

Yeah, one guy absolutely refused to even attempt trying to enter another code until he talked to his manager and argued they wouldn't stack, the manager said "Uh, I dunno. Try it?" He put in the code and they stacked no problem.

My argument is that if the system will not allow it then fine, but it will.

Only thing I've noticed is they discount dollar amounts first then take off a percentage when stacking.

Hardest part is getting them to actually try it.

[quote name='FlyingAce39']
I've had multiple associates at 3 different Gamestops tell me that stuff like that won't stack. They tell me, straight up, "coupons won't stack".[/QUOTE]

I think what they mean to say is they are not supposed to stack (most say they can't be combined in the fine print), but a lot of them actually do in the system. A few weeks ago I used my PUR discount, a $5 off coupon, the 20% birthday coupon, and a 25% any used games all on the same item. You just have to succeed in getting the employee to try it.

Edit: Above poster confirmed more or less the same thing. I will add that eventually you reach a point of diminishing returns stacking coupons. I only ended up saving a few more dollars using the 25% off coupon with all of those others I mentioned. I would have been better off using it on another game, but it was about to expire and I didn't want anything else.

[quote name='addicted2games']I am going to get this with the 20% birthday coupon on top of 10% PUR. Just got to decide which system to get it for. Any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

After much deliberation, I bit on it for PS3. It runs great and it's very detailed. Paid $38 and it felt worth it to me.:)

I'll buy online. Anything coupons to stack other than CAG16 and SAVER (others are not supposed to stack, but they have been)?

store checker shows 0 for new copies within 100 miles, these are most likely converted from NEW to USED. Sweet deal if you can grab it for 30% off with the birthday coupon/edge discount!

[quote name='CaoPi']store checker shows 0 for new copies within 100 miles, these are most likely converted from NEW to USED. Sweet deal if you can grab it for 30% off with the birthday coupon/edge discount![/QUOTE]

Nah, we just haven't gotten an new copies in for a while. No conversions in my district.

I really enjoyed this, but I'm probably not going to buy it until it hits sub $20 (rented it through gamefly trial). Great game though, everyone that likes Deus Ex or Bioshock should give it a go:D

[quote name='rnocerino']Where is that thread for the 20% off birthday coupon? Someone post a link. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

well march is almost over anyway; what we really need is some kind soul to post the april coupon...

used the cag16 code plus PUR to get the game for $22...

Wish we could make the same transaction in the store, I hate having to wait so long for it to come in the mail.

[quote name='merchie89']Dead Space 3, Dishonored,and......Witcher 2? I cant decide on a 3rd game![/QUOTE]

is there a b2g1 i dont know about?

bread's done
Back