Dishonored

Well I just beat it for the first time. Was able to get Ghost, Shadow and Hands Clean with the Low Chaos ending. It was challenging but fun. It was never really frustrating to start over as long as you kept up on your saves. Now I am ready to jump right back in and do a high chaos fuck shit up run.

Beat this game once by just killing everyone and everything in my way. As the above poster said, the fun is using the powers. Just running around with your gun and sword is a little blah, but fucking with enemies by bending time and such is very enjoyable. Will eventually go about doing a stealth fun.

[quote name='UjnHunter']Not seeing the greatness of this game at all... :( Glad I waited until it was $25 on Black Friday or whatever... seems like just another FPS to me. ::shrug::[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's not for everyone. But, it definitely was not an FPS for me - I never used my gun. ;)

The characters' voices were decent:
Lena Headey, Michael Madsen, Carrie Fisher, John Slattery, and Susan Sarandon.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Beat this game once by just killing everyone and everything in my way. As the above poster said, the fun is using the powers. Just running around with your gun and sword is a little blah, but fucking with enemies by bending time and such is very enjoyable. Will eventually go about doing a stealth fun.[/QUOTE]

I played it the opposite of you. Did the stealth thing first, then I couldn't take it anymore so I replayed the last mission and went on a killing spree.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just finished this game last night. I ended up killing everyone and getting the high chaos ending which was pretty dark and creepy.

Really enjoyable story and I loved the art style.

The game felt like a mix of Bioshock, Hitman and Fallout.

Fun game and I hope they continue on with the series using another character and location.

My favorite level/area of the game would definitely be about the midway point after the big "reveal" where you're wandering an abandoned whaling factory and eventually through a drowned/destroyed city via rooftops. Perfect balance of exploration into this neat world. I like how it strikes away from the whole "mission" format.

I used all of my abilities and weapons my first playthrough and managed to get low chaos. I'm going all out crazy with kills this next go around, but only with weapons. Steampunk slayer playthrough anyone?

Just about to start this game. Reviews are awesome so I've been wanting to get at this for some time now. Glad we have this thread here and glad people are liking this game. I'll have to post after I get into it. Time to see what Dishonored has in store for me.

Hmm, so started playing this last night and so far i think the game has glitched on me twice. 2 times i've gotten bone charms and nothing new is in my list?

I love this game only got / playing it recently. My current run through i've been murdering people but will do another silent for achievements.

I enjoyed the artwork and style of the game, but it didn't take me long to complete since my first run was low chaos and with clean hands and the ghost achievements all in one go. Sadly I didn't keep the game and returned it for the DMC HD Collection which has more replay value in my opinion.

Finished this morning on HC too, will finish up some achievements then go through LC and get all those. I could see the twist coming before it happened as it was pretty obvious still a great game

Finally making headway in this game. I have a bad habit of playing parts of games since i'm always buying new ones. I've been cutting down on that and i'm going through some of my backlog. Not sure why I put this game down...it's really good. I just finished mission 6. I'll probably get The Knife of Dunwall when I finish the main campaign.

I have finished this both low and high chaos pretty cool just need to wrap up a few last things then get the DLC when its on sale next.

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I must know- how essential is this game's DLC? The base game is dirt cheap on the XBL store right now, but Amazon charges only $22 for the GOTY edition. If the DLC is important and/or worth playing, I'll probably hold off and buy the GOTY physical copy, and use my XBL credit on The Witcher 2.

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I must know- how essential is this game's DLC? The base game is dirt cheap on the XBL store right now, but Amazon charges only $22 for the GOTY edition. If the DLC is important and/or worth playing, I'll probably hold off and buy the GOTY physical copy, and use my XBL credit on The Witcher 2.
GOTY edition is $14.99 at GS new this week, FYI.

bread's done
Back